First Look: Titleist T400 Irons

While it is not a bad looking iron, the price tag screams Titleist for sure. Won't even hint at the lofts.

Look nice, but I do worry about a 20 degree 5 iron getting proper launch with it being in 3H territory.
That’s the thing though. As long as it launches like a 5i...what else should you call it?

It’s nice to see Titleist adding more lines to appeal to a larger audience. I think it can only help their market share. Nice looking irons too.

so i'm not usually one to get all bent out of shape about lofts, but I have to laugh at 3 freaking pitching wedges in the same set.

these have a very p790 influence. but I think they look really good. I like titleist moving away from their stodgy stigma and embracing trends. they seemed to do this with the ap3, though I didn't find that to be a very successful release. but again, I applaud their effort and commitment to evolution.

I have to Try Them!!!

If you Try them, You will Buy Them!!!

twdtl.gif

these have a very p790 influence.

And the P790s clearly descended from PXG, although the cosmetics are different. For all the PXG haters, this one has to hurt. We now have a company (PXG), whose groundbreaking iron release has found its way (albeit, roundabout) to that most traditional of all equipment manufacturers.

Please Please Let Me Try.

I Need More......

IRON

And the P790s clearly descended from PXG, although the cosmetics are different. For all the PXG haters, this one has to hurt. We now have a company (PXG), whose groundbreaking iron release has found its way (albeit, roundabout) to that most traditional of all equipment manufacturers.

hmmm, probably not the right thread for this but hollowbody irons were being made long before pxg was in diapers, right?

hmmm, probably not the right thread for this but hollowbody irons were being made long before pxg was in diapers, right?

True, but PXG brought the concept to the collective conscience of the golfing world and then the P790s, brought them to the golfing masses. It’s relevant to the thread because here we are now, with the most buttoned down of all equipment manufacturers launching a game improvement/super game improvement iron that seems to be an offshoot to that tree limb (although Titleist certainly has previously introduced hollow bodied irons).

They did the T-MB's in the 716's. They have had a club like this for a long time.

That’s the thing though. As long as it launches like a 5i...what else should you call it?

Do you think launch characteristic is a made up term they use to justify their lofts though? Have you ever looked at a shot on the course and then chosen your club based on it's launch characteristic? Does anyone buy clubs based on their launch characteristic?

These aren't my cup of tea, but they also aren't a profile iron I tend to gravitate to. But, it's great to see Titleist widening the group of players they're going after.

Screenshot_20200120-064433_Chrome.jpg

Nice Looking in the Cart.

Check

Screenshot_20200120-064611_Chrome.jpg

Minimal Offset.

Check. Screenshot_20200120-064611_Chrome.jpg

Decent Blade length.

Top Line on the Slender Side.

Check. Check.Screenshot_20200120-064958_Chrome.jpg

They did the T-MB's in the 716's. They have had a club like this for a long time.

Do you think launch characteristic is a made up term they use to justify their lofts though? Have you ever looked at a shot on the course and then chosen your club based on it's launch characteristic? Does anyone buy clubs based on their launch characteristic?

The iron definitely has lineage to prior Titleist releases, like the T-MB, the Concept, and the AP3. I was merely pointing out the irony in @McLovin’s post, because so many hate on PXG, but yet there surely seems to be some crossover from the most maverick of companies to the most buttoned down of companies.

Loft comments aside.. It is great to see Titleist looking at the SGI market. It is something they have neglected for some time, looking forward to seeing the reception on these.
I thought that’s what the T300 was for.

Back