First Look: Titleist T400 Irons

so i'm not usually one to get all bent out of shape about lofts, but I have to laugh at 3 freaking pitching wedges in the same set
You can call them what ever you want hippy. ;)

Aerotech Steelfiber i80 CW Stiff Stock Option.

Check. Check. CHECK!!!
:titleist: Update my Signature.

What you need a Blade For?

Man, listen Up. It's a :titleist: . ?

I think they're a pretty solid offering. As we've seen, the premium market isn't hurting. I think these will appeal to a lot of people.

Isn't this what essentially everyone who's buying through fitting is doing?
Are they? We didn't talk launch windows of the 7 iron when I got fit. We did talk about the lofts being strong and needing another wedge to fill the distance gap.

Are they? We didn't talk launch windows of the 7 iron when I got fit. We did talk about the lofts being strong and needing another wedge to fill the distance gap.
No but your fitter was likely looking for descent angle and spin to hold the green with a 7 iron right? That would be a direct result of launch no?

Can't wait to play a Set.

When I rent clubs I will be asking for :titleist:?

I'm normally a fan of Titleist designs, but these don't really do it for me. I like the idea of being able to hit my PW 150 yards though!
If you try them, you WILL buy them!o_O

Man.. I would love to hit that PW. I would murder it and yes please

Could be a fun way to mess with playing partners though.

What club did you hit? My PW3. Good luck figuring out that distance.

The 38 one. I’m guessing that’s a good 165 club and that would just be so much fun

“Yeah, I just hit my PW farther than your 6 iron, it’s fine”.

I would actually contemplate adding a 5 or 6 iron to use as an alternative to hybrids. I can't wait to demo them in the future

Every time I've been fit on a launch monitor they've looked at all aspects of ball flight, including launch and spin. Otherwise, what's the point?

I would actually contemplate adding a 5 or 6 iron to use as an alternative to hybrids. I can't wait to demo them in the future

I definitely want to hit them. Think they look really good for what they are. Just wish they would have gone with like A wedge and gap wedge or something in the naming.

They look like tournament blades to me. I sure hope they're a lot more forgiving than blades though.

The 5 iron has 20* of loft. My current 4 iron has 21* of loft. I can't hit it well. (well, actually I was hitting it pretty well for me at the driving range Saturday)...

Overall I like the looks of the irons. Not sure if they're for me though. Especially if they aren't offered facing the wrong direction for this left handed player.

I have to wonder if the T400 originated in Japan

T400 Lofts:
View attachment 8923717
Bridgestone TourB JGR HF1 lofts:

View attachment 8923720

I love it - Go Big or Go Home!

Might have called it: From MGS:
“Offering something (at this point, anything) for the SGI crowd is just good business but Titleist says T400 was inspired by what’s happening in Japan and other parts of Asia. You think lofts are jacked in your neighborhood? On the other side of the globe, what are being described as Super Distance Irons have taken hold.
Insanity, people.”

Last edited:
As someone who has struggled with hybrids a bit I think having a 5 iron that can fit that yardage may actually be a nice feature. Plus I like variety with wedges so having 7 wedges could be interesting.

Looking at these clubs, my thoughts are that these are in direct competition with the Epic Star, something which is a line that Titleist has not had before.

I don’t care about the lofts, but those look fugly to my eye...

Back