Callaway MAVRIK FW Woods and Hybrids

You mean Kevin Napier (Callaway tour truck technician) does. I was just a guest watching him work.

That jig is craaaaaazy. I see a lot of ??? when I see that, and it's freaking awesome! Custom milled dove-tailed Delrin dies in a giant hydraulic press - WTF not? I want one.

It just completely looked like an afterthought to me, and Callaway doesn’t usually fall into that.

MAVRIK at address in the three pieces I have though, gotta give props for the look at address.
I will say the Mavrik looks really good at address! Callaway really knocked it out of the park this year.

@mikeg_74 that thing looks awesome. So nice to have something in your hand that you've gone out of your way to get fitted for, customize and now play. Thanks for sharing the photos. Like I've said before- this year is going to be expensive!

Only thing keeping me from the HW bandwagon again is face angle. That scares me in a fairway nowadays.

Makes 5w post review an option in the other two models though.

As for the 5w review, I hit 152 with it again yesterday. Which is silly. Spin is a little lower than I would like, but I'm chalking that up to me still trying to groove my swing out.

I actually think the FW sounds the best of the 3 clubs I have for review, its just a very familiar yet comfortable feedback for me there. Also, living on the toe a bit yesterday and the AI was in action, still some gear effect, but maybe less than I have seen out of a FW before.

My Max 7w arrived yesterday. I've been playing the Flash 7w since the Grandaddy, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the two differ. The lower / sharper leading edge have me quite intrigued. I absolutely love how the 5w plays, so am guessing I'll have similar feelings about the 7w.

Not quite sure about the Max 3 wood.

Trying to figure out if I should preorder now or wait until summer when I hope to be playing more.

Not quite sure about the Max 3 wood.

Trying to figure out if I should preorder now or wait until summer when I hope to be playing more.
That's what I hit yesterday. This thing is so good!

3W SZ came in yesterday. This completes my Grandaddy bag. Ready to put some swings on it this weekend hopefully.
87EF6854-2335-4667-9A21-E31B10A6D3EB.jpeg
D5386AE8-EFF0-41FF-ACD7-D2B1E14DA2FA.jpeg

I'm so excited. I usually rely on a 3W as a secondary tee option only, with my HW as the longest off-the-deck club in the bag. If this is as easy to launch as the other's with the Max fairways have said, I'm REALLY going to look forward to Par 5s.
I watched you hit some great shots in Cali, this is going to fit right into your game.

That leading edge looks ready to launchhhhhh ?
I think that is one aspect that really shined to me when I tested this yesterday. I tried up quite a bit of the shots bc I want a secondary club off the tee for short par 4s that I can hit and not be scared to do it bc I think it's going to go way right on me. I used to have one of those, but this afternoon I will have it back! When I looked at pictures of my old fwy wood that I absolutely loved and this one, the profile is very similar!

Just traded in my flash woods at Edwin Watts. They didn't have stuff flex in the 3w and 5w in the Max, so they will be here next week! Super stoked!

I'm pretty hyped to hit the 4w here... equally intrigued by all of the other lofts actually, but 4w might be goldilocks. Love me some 4w.

It’s amazing. I was hitting my 3 wood so far off the deck. I generally don’t do well with 3 woods but this one is just different. I love the shape on how it sets up behind the ball. I have the standard head.

Did you end up with Standard or Subzero? And playing what loft? Thanks!

Did you end up with Standard or Subzero? And playing what loft? Thanks!

standard 3+ which is 13.5. I have a super hybrid at 17* so the gapping fits me well.

I had good results with sz, but I flighted the ball better with standard vs sub zero. My 3 wood would be used off tee 95% of the time and would use it off deck for anything longer than 275. the super hybrid will by my trusty “fairway wood” for 230-260 range.

Back