Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I agree with this completely. The G400 Max was more closed than the Mavrik Max. I’ll post pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

@jim54 mentioned above that holding the club lightly in his hands, it wanted to close. I definitely agree with that, and i'm really sensitive to that kind of thing too.

Saw something similar posted on the last page albeit regarding the Max, but would love for them to offer the standard head in that 56* lie. I got charged for my order today so assuming it should be shipping soon. I went with ordering from Callaway based on the trade in values, but really wish they had some sort of playability guarantee - it’s just not realistic to get a good demo of anything where I live.

I got to hit both the standard and sub zero today with the Rogue White. I have usually gravitated towards the smaller driver heads in the past and my last Callaway driver was the dbd 816 which I loved. However, the standard blew the sub zero away today and that really surprised me. What really confused me was the standard was almost exactly the same spin which averaged around 2200rpm and overall the spin actually averaged less than the sub zero. Only thing I can think of was I was making better contact with the standard. I’m going back in with my 410lst to compare & if the Mavrik beats it I’m ordering

I got to hit both the standard and sub zero today with the Rogue White. I have usually gravitated towards the smaller driver heads in the past and my last Callaway driver was the dbd 816 which I loved. However, the standard blew the sub zero away today and that really surprised me. What really confused me was the standard was almost exactly the same spin which averaged around 2200rpm and overall the spin actually averaged less than the sub zero. Only thing I can think of was I was making better contact with the standard. I’m going back in with my 410lst to compare & if the Mavrik beats it I’m ordering
Were ball speeds similar? The thought that the spin similarities being based on contact makes sense. So, I'm just curious if the ball speeds seemed close on those strikes that were less than ideal.

Were ball speeds similar? The thought that the spin similarities being based on contact makes sense. So, I'm just curious if the ball speeds seemed close on those strikes that were less than ideal.

ball speed was a bit higher with the standard on average but the best with both were almost identical. I didn’t hit the sub zero nearly as well as I thought I would have and the standard really surprised me. The only thing I would change when I order would be the length of the shaft.

ball speed was a bit higher with the standard on average but the best with both were almost identical. I didn’t hit the sub zero nearly as well as I thought I would have and the standard really surprised me. The only thing I would change when I order would be the length of the shaft.
2200 really is great spin numbers. A guy would suspect that the standard to spin a good deal more than the SZ. When we were at HQ, they did say they expect the standard to fit some 70% of golfers. It's a great head. Part of the reason we've been trying to spread the message of trying them first. What you'd assume would be the best fit isn't necessarily going to be what ends up working the best.

Finally had a chance to have a few swings with this last night at the simulator.

The shaft was not for me, this was someone's personally club and the AD-BB 7, so really not ideal haha.

However based on the 5-10 swings I had with it, the sound really stuck out. I know everyone has talked about it, but you really don't believe how good it is until you actually hear it and hit it yourself. It's easily the biggest improvement they've made over the past 3-4 releases.

I mean it was a sim, but given the shaft, it was 5-10 yards shorter than my current driver, but launch and spin were just too low so not really comparable.

Look forward to the spring though and actually being able to hit these outside, first impressions left me wanting to hit it more.

Just a couple quick thoughts after hitting the Mavrik Max at my fitting yesterday. Sound is much improved for my personal taste. My swing sucked with a driver yesterday and I tested the snot out of the heel forgiveness and it was far superior in that regard to any other head I tried.

Finally had a chance to have a few swings with this last night at the simulator.

The shaft was not for me, this was someone's personally club and the AD-BB 7, so really not ideal haha.

However based on the 5-10 swings I had with it, the sound really stuck out. I know everyone has talked about it, but you really don't believe how good it is until you actually hear it and hit it yourself. It's easily the biggest improvement they've made over the past 3-4 releases.

I mean it was a sim, but given the shaft, it was 5-10 yards shorter than my current driver, but launch and spin were just too low so not really comparable.

Look forward to the spring though and actually being able to hit these outside, first impressions left me wanting to hit it more.
Right? Its SO much better than the Flash. SO SO SO SO SO SO much better sound/feel.

How low is too low?

Just a couple quick thoughts after hitting the Mavrik Max at my fitting yesterday. Sound is much improved for my personal taste. My swing sucked with a driver yesterday and I tested the snot out of the heel forgiveness and it was far superior in that regard to any other head I tried.
That's where she shines. At least in my opinion.

Right? Its SO much better than the Flash. SO SO SO SO SO SO much better sound/feel.

How low is too low?

It's literally night and day.

I don't think I saw anything above 11* launch and 2200 spin haha a 9* head with a shaft that weighs 10 grams more than my current gamer, just low bullets. I generally see 12-13 launch with 2400-2500 spin with my Epic.

I don't think I saw anything above 11* launch and 2200 spin haha a 9* head with a shaft that weighs 10 grams more than my current gamer, just low bullets. I generally see 12-13 launch with 2400-2500 spin with my Epic.
What ball speeds? (I'm not trying to pry, just truly curious, and I do agree that is a LOT of driver shaft)

What ball speeds? (I'm not trying to pry, just truly curious, and I do agree that is a LOT of driver shaft)

Oh no worries. Sim didn't provide ball speeds unfortunately. Didn't think to look to see if it was in the options section though, I didn't set it up. I'll see if I can't get on Trackman with a similar spec setup sometime soon.

Oh no worries. Sim didn't provide ball speeds unfortunately. Didn't think to look to see if it was in the options section though, I didn't set it up. I'll see if I can't get on Trackman with a similar spec setup sometime soon.
If you get to hit one in a shaft that’s a better fit I’d love to see your numbers. I’m seeing a definite trend with this one, and I’m curious to see if it keeps holding with people.

If you get to hit one in a shaft that’s a better fit I’d love to see your numbers. I’m seeing a definite trend with this one, and I’m curious to see if it keeps holding with people.

I'll see what I can do in the next couple of weeks. Guy is going to the Waste Management (he made sure to rub it in my face), but week following that hopefully get some time with it. I really want to try the Riptide in it.

I'll see what I can do in the next couple of weeks. Guy is going to the Waste Management (he made sure to rub it in my face), but week following that hopefully get some time with it. I really want to try the Riptide in it.
Would love to get your thoughts, and everyone else’s, on that shaft/setup too!

I am interested in this trend

I have a bb6 sitting in my shop that I've been thinking about throwing a callaway adapter on. But like you said, it's a beast of a shaft. I saw the same thing with it in my F9... nothing but low launch low spin bullets.

I have a bb6 sitting in my shop that I've been thinking about throwing a callaway adapter on. But like you said, it's a beast of a shaft. I saw the same thing with it in my F9... nothing but low launch low spin bullets.

The guy's who club it is has a pretty aggressive transition, I do not haha.

Would love to get your thoughts, and everyone else’s, on that shaft/setup too!

I may have a 9˚ Mavrik inbound with the Riptide 60S to put head to head against my Flash with HZRDUS Yellow.

Back