Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

Man there are some great looking customs showing up in here!

Did they make the stock color questionable to push people to customs? Because those both look a ton better.

Did they make the stock color questionable to push people to customs? Because those both look a ton better.

Can’t imagine this to be remotely possible. Such a small percentage of sales come from customs.

Can’t imagine this to be remotely possible. Such a small percentage of sales come from customs.
I wasn't being very serious but just a bit surprised their internal research/survey led to copperish being the choice. I'd still hit it.

Last edited:
I wasn't being very serious but just a bit surprised their internal research/survey led to copperish being the choice.
And when it's green some people hate it. And when it's whatever blue rogue was, some people hate it. And when it's orange, some people hate it.

I don't know. I think everyone has their own preference and regardless of the color chosen, some people are going to be turned off.

@tomcat makes a great point. The extra $100 generated through the custom program doesn't probably add up to a huge percentage of their revenue that comes from their drivers.

honestly i’ve heard that a lot, and i think some do believe that to be true. i think it’s poppycock.

to me the mav looks really clean in person. is it the most forward looking design? debatable. but i like it a lot!

although i do have something customy coming my way as well speak haha

honestly i’ve heard that a lot, and i think some do believe that to be true. i think it’s poppycock.

to me the mav looks really clean in person. is it the most forward looking design? debatable. but i like it a lot!

+1 for the use of the word poppycock.

I actually like the color, and really like the crown. You never even see the bottom of the club so who cares.

@HarryPotter & @JMB3 suffer from an affliction....it's called hoeing!! (and i love it!)

You said “poppycock”

1579830953398.gif

I’m pretty cynical when it comes to manufacturer marketing, but I must admit this driver has my attention for some reason. Could be the one that finally knocks my trusty old XR16 out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty cynical when it comes to manufacturer marketing, but I must admit this driver has my attention for some reason. Could be the one that finally knocks my trusty old XR16 out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
XR16 was the last callaway driver I truly loved. Something about it just clicked. I feel the same about Mavrik. Something just works for me.

I had some shaft work being done for something I'm toying around with. I stopped in to pick my shaft up and my friend who does the work for me had to show me all the demo stuff he recently got in.

Ventus, AD XC, KBS. All sorts of good stuff. He had them in an SZ head, which I have spent little to no time with. Good Lord is that a beautiful club. Compact, nice round shape. Feels every bit as amazing as the standard. I had my first leg day in about 2 months the other day. So, it was some pretty awkward swinging. But still getting great carry.

He threw together a SIM for me. I am not here to talk trash about other clubs. It's a fine driver in its own right. It looks good and puts up some good numbers. But, after hitting a Mavrik, that thing feels super dull off the face. If you missed center, it was very difficult to figure out exactly where you caught it. Some may like it. But, I prefer that the Mavrik feels a little livelier to me.

I said I was not going to do it, but the Mavrik SZ is ordered, 9* with the 60X Rogue white.

Took my 9* SZ TD flash back in this morning and hit about 15 balls set at D/ -1 (CSx balls I brought) and was seeing 89-92 CS with 130's ball speed spin 2,300-2,600 not bad for me about what I expect.
Put my shaft into the Mavrik SZ 9* set a D/-1 and immediately saw 94-95 CS on the next 5 balls with some ball speed into the 140's spin about the same, put the heavy weight in the front and saw 95-96 CS with ball speed staying in the 140's and spin below 2,300 and a couple of pulls below 2,000 which went 270 with roll, but that is not realistic for florida.

Put my shaft into the reg Mavrik and saw CS at a steady 95 but the spin went back up and was a bit harder to control.

Then for giggles put in the 60X Rogue and the numbers were darn close to the Blue bullet and CS again 95-96 but had a more right tendency

The Blue Bullet just works and with the heavy weight forward it was pretty impressive on the SIM, Out in the wild who knows but since I got some stuff to trade the Driver cost me zero and I get a dozen balls to boot.

I am not a big hype guy and was very negative earlier in the week about this Driver, but I was also not feeling well and not swinging well so I was feeling negative. I WAS WRONG and retrack my statements about it, but side by side the Flash SZ TD and Mavrik SZ are quite different at address.

If I had not compared my Driver directly to the Mavrik SZ with my shaft I would not have believe the club shape or whatever they did could give me 5-6 more mph instantly, that puts a shorter iron in my hand and that is always good.

Got my Max 9.0 driver today, turned down to 8, weight in heel, straight bombs...for me anyway. Color doesn't offend me, just clashes with everything else in my bag :)
Like it so much my old driver is being traded in for the max 3 wood. hmm maybe I should make some Mavrik shoes to match
53201_template_2.png

Glad to see that people are seeing gains with this club, so they can know that it's not just all marketing hype.

So I was doing some cleaning at home today and suddenly found myself staring at a ton of clubs I haven’t touched in forever and never will again. I mean these are my older stuff that I would just lend to friends who have even older stuff when we hit the course together once in a blue moon. 5 minutes later I am on the phone with Callaway and after the 150% trade towards Mavrik, I shipped off 2 XR OS Hybrids, 1 Ping G Hybrid, and a set of XR OS 6-PW,AW,SW.

They are shipping me a Mavrik Max 10.5* with Aldila Rogue White MSI 130 70 Stiff playing at 44.5” and D4 swing weight. Took a chance on the shaft as they don’t have what I was fit for but free driver is too much to pass up. I can always get the other shaft if this one does not work out.

So I was doing some cleaning at home today and suddenly found myself staring at a ton of clubs I haven’t touched in forever and never will again. I mean these are my older stuff that I would just lend to friends who have even older stuff when we hit the course together once in a blue moon. 5 minutes later I am on the phone with Callaway and after the 150% trade towards Mavrik, I shipped off 2 XR OS Hybrids, 1 Ping G Hybrid, and a set of XR OS 6-PW,AW,SW.

They are shipping me a Mavrik Max 10.5* with Aldila Rogue White MSI 130 70 Stiff playing at 44.5” and D4 swing weight. Took a chance on the shaft as they don’t have what I was fit for but free driver is too much to pass up. I can always get the other shaft if this one does not work out.

Sweet!

Golf tomorrow with @chefkritter and I get to put this one back into play. Hopefully Kyle will take a couple of swing with it and show me how to properly maximize the technology as Callaway intended.

Golf tomorrow with @chefkritter and I get to put this one back into play. Hopefully Kyle will take a couple of swing with it and show me how to properly maximize the technology as Callaway intended.

So Jealous.. There is 3" of snow on the ground here, and all I want to do is hit this thing.

So Jealous.. There is 3" of snow on the ground here, and all I want to do is hit this thing.
Ship it to me and I will tell you how forgiving it is. I am good at that kind of testing.

Back