Do you lend / let other people use your clubs? Moreso if yours are fitted for you?

Chasing72

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this, I am trying to get a guy at work to come out and play with me sometime, he says golf is boring, yet has literally never played. I know we could rent a set (and tht is probably the best idea), but if a friend asked to borrow your clubs so they could take a newbie out for their first time, what would your thoughts on that be?

With my old off the rack clubs, I would probably have said yes, now I am getting new fitted ones, personally I don't think I would.

Your thoughts?

(un)fortunately, all my golf buddies are RH ;) but i'd be leery about lending clubs out willy nilly...my brother? yeah...but i'd have reservations :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I let friends use my old spare equipment but not my gamers.

Maybe the irons, no way I'd let him put sky marks on my driver and woods

I’ve got enough spare clubs to outfit a foursome so sure. My gamers..... depends on who it is but more than likely I would. I’m not gonna let a potential skymark stop me from introducing someone to the game

Last edited:
I have a buddy that got fitted for the newest driver and I have the previous version, I let him use it. With that being said, we are playing partners so I know how he treats and hits a club.

Luckily 2 out of the 4 guys I normally play with, all have backup / older clubs and are always generous when each other asks. Especially when the outcome is trying to get another friend to play more serious.

The fitted part it would depend on who it was though.

My bag is open to anyone I play with. Just so they know the golden rule

I have no problem at all having people using my clubs

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Like others, I have a backup bag that the other humps can use. Nobody will use my current set.

I would give them my son's set that is not 2 degrees flat. I do have two old/extra sets in Florida now that buddies use when they come to visit for a few days so they don't have to drag their clubs on the plane.

As a rule I'd say no. But an exception would be one of my golfing buddies, if he asks I will say yes. ;)

So I have one other friend that is also a lefty and he has older clubs. Any time I get something new, he asks if he can try it out. Of course I let him but when I got my Epic Flash last season, his first shot with it was a hosel rocket and left a chip in the paint. He's a better golfer than me so that kind of stuff doesn't happen to him often but of course it does when I let him try something brand new. Let's just say he hasn't used that club since lol

Old set no problem. My fitted clubs no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t mind to let a friend use my clubs.

I’ve let perfect strangers who I’ve been paired with hit my clubs before. Mostly my TS3 because people have a lesser opinion about Titleist woods and my Mizuno irons.

I will let someone hit my irons and wedges, but I need to trust their swing before I let them hit my driver.

I just gave away my old standard set and only have 2* up clubs that are 1/2” longer. If you are over 6’ you would be pretty happy with what you get.

I wouldn't have any problem swinging my clubs if I was with them. I don't think I'd want to trust someone to not be hitting off a cart path or a root or something stupid if I wasn't around. Heck, even at the range I have to baby my clubs when the balls get all wet and sandy.

I learned a lesson a long time ago about loaning out tools.

I will let almost anyone try my clubs from the Morgan Cup. It's the least I can for for Cobra/THP for their generosity.

I'll generally loan anything (no, not you, wife) to anyone who will treat whatever it is with respect. Golf is unique though because well intentioned action can still result in damage. So I'm a no on a first timer. They can't handle my clubs' awesomeness anyway. They can play the backups though. That'll probably help them more anyway.

I will let someone hit my irons and wedges, but I need to trust their swing before I let them hit my driver.
Can I try your Driver ?

There’s a $200 security deposit required and then we’ll discuss. ?

Back