Do you lend / let other people use your clubs? Moreso if yours are fitted for you?

I would have no issue letting a friend use my clubs. Most likely scenarios would includes things like desire to test the clubs or something happened to his/her clubs. I have one playing friend who loves to hit my driver. It's kind of hilarious because she's about 5'4" and 120 lbs. But she hits it well. If I get a new one, I might as well just give it to her for a week to get it out of her system.

I let my brother hit my clubs when we play together but otherwise no. I let a buddy borrow mine once and he came back with an extra iron.

And I watch my brother like a hawk since he chronically leaves clubs behind lol

I’ve let 5+ strangers swing my driver. I get to tell them about winning it on THP. At least 2 of them took pictures and said they were going to buy one as soon as they finished the round.

I have let a few guys hit clubs. I prefer not to though.

(un)fortunately, all my golf buddies are RH ;) but i'd be leery about lending clubs out willy nilly...my brother? yeah...but i'd have reservations :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well that sort of limits options for them anyway, unless they want to try something really new and with difficulty set to high!

This is exactly why I have a backup bag :ROFLMAO:
I let friends use my old spare equipment but not my gamers.
I’ve got enough spare clubs to outfit a foursome so sure. My gamers..... depends on who it is but more than likely I would. I’m not gonna let a potential skymark stop me from introducing someone to the game
Like others, I have a backup bag that the other humps can use. Nobody will use my current set.

I'll generally loan anything (no, not you, wife) to anyone who will treat whatever it is with respect. Golf is unique though because well intentioned action can still result in damage. So I'm a no on a first timer. They can't handle my clubs' awesomeness anyway. They can play the backups though. That'll probably help them more anyway.

All these people with spare sets of clubs! Is this something my wife has to look forward to? Me filling the basement with old sets as I upgrade?

Maybe the irons, no way I'd let him put sky marks on my driver and woods

I will let someone hit my irons and wedges, but I need to trust their swing before I let them hit my driver.

Understandable, irons are (in theory) harder to damage

I have a buddy that got fitted for the newest driver and I have the previous version, I let him use it. With that being said, we are playing partners so I know how he treats and hits a club.

Luckily 2 out of the 4 guys I normally play with, all have backup / older clubs and are always generous when each other asks. Especially when the outcome is trying to get another friend to play more serious.

The fitted part it would depend on who it was though.
My bag is open to anyone I play with. Just so they know the golden rule
Treat it nicely? As if it was your first born?

I have no problem at all having people using my clubs

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
That is very nice of you :)

I would give them my son's set that is not 2 degrees flat. I do have two old/extra sets in Florida now that buddies use when they come to visit for a few days so they don't have to drag their clubs on the plane.
That is very reasonable, I was just talking to my cousin back home and he said he will find a set for me to use while I go visit, we're only going to have time for 1 or 2 rounds so I would not lug my clubs on an international flight for that

As a rule I'd say no. But an exception would be one of my golfing buddies, if he asks I will say yes. ;)

So I have one other friend that is also a lefty and he has older clubs. Any time I get something new, he asks if he can try it out. Of course I let him but when I got my Epic Flash last season, his first shot with it was a hosel rocket and left a chip in the paint. He's a better golfer than me so that kind of stuff doesn't happen to him often but of course it does when I let him try something brand new. Let's just say he hasn't used that club since lol

Old set no problem. My fitted clubs no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t mind to let a friend use my clubs.

I’ve let perfect strangers who I’ve been paired with hit my clubs before. Mostly my TS3 because people have a lesser opinion about Titleist woods and my Mizuno irons.
Funny that, I'd heard of both and actually got fitted into Mizuno Irons the other week .

I just gave away my old standard set and only have 2* up clubs that are 1/2” longer. If you are over 6’ you would be pretty happy with what you get.
That's exactly what I have been fitted into (I'm 6' 2")

I will let you hit it but I cringe while you do it. I don't trust any of ya'll
You could just close your eyes and open them after the hit, a bit like a horror film!

I wouldn't have any problem swinging my clubs if I was with them. I don't think I'd want to trust someone to not be hitting off a cart path or a root or something stupid if I wasn't around. Heck, even at the range I have to baby my clubs when the balls get all wet and sandy.
I was meaning being with them for a round, not just turning up and taking off with them, so that makes sense.

I learned a lesson a long time ago about loaning out tools.

I presume it was not a good lesson to learn?

I will let almost anyone try my clubs from the Morgan Cup. It's the least I can for for Cobra/THP for their generosity.
A good way to pay it forward :)

I will let almost anyone hit my clubs if I'm around. I'm a little more hesitant with the woods because I would struggle if someone put a sky mark on one.

Close friends who I know will make it right if they sky mark something or break something we can talk. Rando nope nope nope

I was just thinking about this, I am trying to get a guy at work to come out and play with me sometime, he says golf is boring, yet has literally never played. I know we could rent a set (and tht is probably the best idea), but if a friend asked to borrow your clubs so they could take a newbie out for their first time, what would your thoughts on that be?

With my old off the rack clubs, I would probably have said yes, now I am getting new fitted ones, personally I don't think I would.

Your thoughts?

It's a no.

I have let people try my clubs for a hit or two.

All these people with spare sets of clubs! Is this something my wife has to look forward to? Me filling the basement with old sets as I upgrade?

Yep. Might as well start prepping her for it now and save yourself some grief later. lol

I, and I'm sure others, have just ended up with clubs that are older, perfectly functional, but not near a good as what I'm playing, and not really worth anything in resale. That's why I still have them. The right time and person will come along and I'll probably just gift them to them. I've done it a few times with other clubs, but everyone I know with kids getting into it right now are all lefties for some reason. I can't help them. At least not with my old stuff.

I'll pretty much let anyone hit my clubs......as long as they are not a complete jabronie......and I trust them to swing them right.....once......while I am watching.....after signing a swing agreement with damage clause......and getting it notorized........in triplicate.

Yeah, I have no issues with someone using my clubs. I get a lot of people asking to try my putter Always will to let others use the clubs. My son did lose a iron head cover for my seven iron. That bothered me to no end. Had to buy a whole set again.

I let my regular playing partners hit without a second thought. Random hackers... well, THP'er are always welcome :D

I generally have several extra clubs laying around from things I have upgraded from or things I tried but did not like. Most of the time it is a set of irons, a driver or 2, a 3W, and a hybrid or 2. We are not talking about brand new just released equipment. Mostly stuff I picked up on a whim cheap somewhere just to fiddle with and do some experimenting. Heck at one point I had 5 drivers, 3 iron sets, and who knows how many hybrids. I still have several putters as well and do not even really put that in the same category.

Sometimes I hoard some stuff until I can get trade in bonuses on new gear too. Today was a good example of that when I traded 3 old hybrids and an old set of irons in to Callaway and come out of it with a brand new Mavrik driver at no out of pocket expense thanks to trade bonus values.

Lots of reasons people have clubs laying around collecting dust is all I am saying.

100 % what a backup set is for.

If a friend wants to hit one of my clubs here or there, no problem.
I am sort of tired of replacing drivers after they get dented though (have had it happen twice).

Nope...

Hey @mikeg_74 @Johnny mojo @Jeff Spicoli Remember that time I let someone hit my new Srixon driver off the 17th tee box at True Blue? #MorganCupFun #Divots
Hey @mikeg_74 @Johnny mojo @Jeff Spicoli Remember that time I let someone hit my new Srixon driver off the 17th tee box at True Blue? #MorganCupFun #Divots
1579922499749.gif

In my group when someone gets a new club anyone interested is allowed to try it for a few shots. Never had a problem

I have no problem letting a playing partner use my clubs. I would not loan them out to someone to use while I’m not there.
I have traded putters with people before for the whole round. Granted we both have the same putters just a little different finish work to them.

Short answer: Nope.

Long answer: Nope.

No offense to any new players out there but to a new player? Zero-point-zero chance. Wouldn't even let my son hit them.

That's what the spare set is for. Him or whoever else may be interested.

Now, decent to good players? I've let numerous people hit my clubs, no worries.

I just remember very clearly the damage that I myself caused early on. Poor clubs...

Back