Which putter grip do you use?

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
I have been a standard grip (if there is such a thing) for pretty much ever. Recently started trying cross handed and kinda like it.

How do you grip the putter? Why? And have you changed more than once? If so how many times?

20200205_002131.jpg. 20200205_002148.jpg

Since I was 9. It works for me, and anything else feels bizarre.

I've been left hand low for probably 20 years. I simply cannot use any variety of a conventional grip without getting overly handsy.

I have one of the big flatso's on my putter. I rotated it 90 degrees so it lays flat into my right palm. Use baseball grip. Putt by leading with my right

Just a standard grip, very relaxed. I use a Tour SNSR 140 on my Double wide putter. Just the right size for my smaller hands.

I've done both standard and cross-handed. Cross I thought really helped me for a time on the shorter putts. Currently back to a standard reverse overlap grip and doing so with a Lamkin SinkFit Skinny putter grip.

I’ve been left hand low for years. It helps keep my shoulders square. My figure 8 putting stroke is the real problem.

I would be interested in pictures of your actual grip as well. Not how you hold the putter but the grip on your putter.

I will post mine later.

I would be interested in pictures of your actual grip as well. Not how you hold the putter but the grip on your putter.

I will post mine later.
I use your hand placement but an oversized grip (the Odyssey Stroke Lab O-size). I've been considering switching back to the pistol grip like yours, though. I think I have better touch with a smaller sized grip.

4AB3E940-D380-4045-ADCD-C0189BE07ABB.jpeg

Normally a conventional reverse overlap grip but do go left hand low fairly often. I use a standard size pistol grip made of rubber or rubber compound.

I use the Odyssey Stroke Lab Oversized Grip.

I do the claw and I quite like it. I find that it helps me from getting too wristy and allows me to make a nice pendulum stroke.

I’m pretty “standard”. Just feels natural. I’ve went cross handed for like 1/4-1/2 season before, and it was ok, but ultimately felt awkward and I dropped that.

for actual grip, I’ve been really into the new superstroke traxion GT tours and 1.0. If not those, I’ve been going lamkin deep etch.

Left hand low on mid-sized to oversized grips. I have found it is the most consistent from an alignment and stroke perpsective and I have been able to adopt to the distance control.

LHL for 25+ years. First time I tried it, it felt natural. Whenever I‘ve tried to change to something else, standard overlap or other, I can’t get comfortable.

I will post mine later.

20200205_201149.jpg

I think mine's the standard Stroke Lab Pistol grip. I came from a Superstroke mid slim 2.0 (right) on my last though, and I miss it in ways. I want a little less feel like that one had, so I've been thinking long and hard about a Traxion Pistol GT 2.0, and the more I do the more I think it might be perfect for me. If I'm right about the stroke lab (I'll know for sure when I cut it off I guess) the weighting might be a little tricky to get right though.

Last edited:
Mine

Attachments

• 0419FA9D-A220-4DE8-AD3A-614FE180C411.jpeg
    0419FA9D-A220-4DE8-AD3A-614FE180C411.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 5
putter order (2).png

I blame you for this order, @NVGOLFER80 ,

.. because I need someone else to blame. ;)

Prayer grip.

Played most of this season with a claw though, and honestly loved it.

I am more of a standard putter grip. Tried cross hand and claw before. Always came back to standard. The super strike flatso grip has helped keep things square.

Reverse overlap here. Been that way forever.

I bought a used putter with a super stroke oversized. I like it but don’t have experience with much else

standard. toyed with others but always come back.

Back