Are You Just a Guest Thinking About Joining THP?

gkeller813

#UsGotThis
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I originally posted the below comments in the Happy Thread, but I keep seeing anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000 guests on this forum during the day, and I want to give them some added motivation! Come on all you guests out there, don't wait one more day, join this community!! You will be glad you did! I will gladly welcome you, like I've been welcomed here!

Today marks one year since I decided to join the THP forum. Looking for new irons last year has lead me to so much more than I could have ever imagined.

- I joined because of the Albatross Club, and what Pediatric Cancer means to me. The support of St. Jude by this community speaks volumes to the character you all possess.
- I learned what the forum is all about following the Morgan Cup at Haig Point shortly after joining. The comradery I saw during that event, between guys who were meeting in person for the first time, was something I will never forget. I was wondering how strangers could be so close, but now I get it!
- I've learned that Grandaddy is not another name for Grandpa, it's something that a year ago, I wouldn't have thought any average Joe actually got to do. Now I've read through 2 years of 200+ pages describing an experience that is almost indescribable!
- I've gotten to test out new equipment from manufacturers I would have never really looked at before.
- I've have conversations with executives of large golf equipment companies here on the forum, discussing details about their R&D process, or future plans, etc, etc. The access we have to these companies is amazing!
- I've followed along with people playing courses that a year ago I would only have dreamed about playing, but the opportunity is there for me, and for us all!
- My golf passion has taken a giant leap forward!
- But most of all, I get to engage with fantastic people, talk about life, golf, and everything in between. Seriously, and I don't say this lightly, but there are so many fantastic people, from all over the world, that I've had the pleasure of talking with. Thank you all!

So if you're reading this, wondering whether or not you should join THP, don't wait another day! Just do it, you won't be disappointed. This past year here has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what my 2nd year brings to those of us that love THP!

Yes, go ahead and join. Great forum and great people!

I originally posted the below comments in the Happy Thread, but I keep seeing anywhere from 1,500 to 2,000 guests on this forum during the day, and I want to give them some added motivation! Come on all you guests out there, don't wait one more day, join this community!! You will be glad you did! I will gladly welcome you, like I've been welcomed here!

Today marks one year since I decided to join the THP forum. Looking for new irons last year has lead me to so much more than I could have ever imagined.

- I joined because of the Albatross Club, and what Pediatric Cancer means to me. The support of St. Jude by this community speaks volumes to the character you all possess.
- I learned what the forum is all about following the Morgan Cup at Haig Point shortly after joining. The comradery I saw during that event, between guys who were meeting in person for the first time, was something I will never forget. I was wondering how strangers could be so close, but now I get it!
- I've learned that Grandaddy is not another name for Grandpa, it's something that a year ago, I wouldn't have thought any average Joe actually got to do. Now I've read through 2 years of 200+ pages describing an experience that is almost indescribable!
- I've gotten to test out new equipment from manufacturers I would have never really looked at before.
- I've have conversations with executives of large golf equipment companies here on the forum, discussing details about their R&D process, or future plans, etc, etc. The access we have to these companies is amazing!
- I've followed along with people playing courses that a year ago I would only have dreamed about playing, but the opportunity is there for me, and for us all!
- But most of all, I get to engage with fantastic people, talk about life, golf, and everything in between. Seriously, and I don't say this lightly, but there are so many fantastic people, from all over the world, that I've had the pleasure of talking with. Thank you all!

So if you're reading this, wondering whether or not you should join THP, don't wait another day! Just do it, you won't be disappointed. This past year here has been amazing, and I can't wait to see what my 2nd year brings to those of us that love THP!
Truth to this ⬆, can't say I have experienced all of this, but after lurking around for a few months I took the plunge & don't plan on looking back. GREAT group here at THP!!

Very well put @gkeller813 ! I couldn’t agree more!

Truth to this ⬆, can't say I have experienced all of this, but after lurking around for a few months I took the plunge & don't plan on looking back. GREAT group here at THP!!
You will experience all of this , and then some, if you stick around!

Great post!

To the guests and lurkers,

I have been here just over 4 years and it has been an amazing journey. I spent maybe 2 months lurking before joining.

I got a damn fine Callaway golf bag coming my way! Not to mention several life long Hackers friends, a couple dozen Bridgesone balls, a couple sleeves Cut Gray balls and a pretty sweet grab bag!!

Yep. All the above. Come on in! the waters fine!

Nice post. It took me a little while to join after lurking. Even after joining it is hard to have discussions with people you don't really know. You really can say anything behind a keyboard nowadays.

It really helps to meet a few people on THP and play a round too as you kind of get a little background while discussions are happening. I'd still say most of my conversations here are still based upon people I have met but I try and meet new people each year so I think my discussions will continue to increase over time.

If you have a passion for golf, then this is a forum you should consider.

Join for the people, stay for the people. So many knowledgeable and awesome people here!

That was all very well said. I lurked for several months, joined around Thanksgiving and finally became active a little over a month ago. I'm glad I did!

I was a lurker on this site looking for articles and reviews and mostly on the homepage. I found myself using this site for my golf news and was coming here for a number of reads. I then said why am I googling information that ultimately leads me to THP reviews... I then saw a few items of interest and headed to the forums. I have not hit my year mark, but have taken status to a lurker to playing with THPers locally and in an experience to being very active on the forums and feeling like I got to know people on the internet.... I am sure it sounds weird to others, but I think its great to be in a judgement free area learning about products, golf and even having off topic discussions.

Besides the sooner you join the sooner you will be able to post like @gkeller813 talking about his year in review!

I joined several golf forums straight away...THP has been the most welcoming and enjoyable of almost ANY forum I've been on. Love this place.

Well, except jacked loft threads...

Well said brother!!!

I was a lurker on this site looking for articles and reviews and mostly on the homepage. I found myself using this site for my golf news and was coming here for a number of reads. I then said why am I googling information that ultimately leads me to THP reviews... I then saw a few items of interest and headed to the forums. I have not hit my year mark, but have taken status to a lurker to playing with THPers locally and in an experience to being very active on the forums and feeling like I got to know people on the internet.... I am sure it sounds weird to others, but I think its great to be in a judgement free area learning about products, golf and even having off topic discussions.

Besides the sooner you join the sooner you will be able to post like @gkeller813 talking about his year in review!
Well said!

I got a damn fine Callaway golf bag coming my way! Not to mention several life long Hackers friends, a couple dozen Bridgesone balls, a couple sleeves Cut Gray balls and a pretty sweet grab bag!!
Can't wait for the bags to show up! And I love when you say several life long Hackers friends. Special memories of the Morgan Cup you will keep for life!

That was all very well said. I lurked for several months, joined around Thanksgiving and finally became active a little over a month ago. I'm glad I did!
And your THP journey is just beginning! Glad to have you!

I joined several golf forums straight away...THP has been the most welcoming and enjoyable of almost ANY forum I've been on. Love this place.

Well said, just such a welcoming place!

All well said! It's a fun place to spend time.

@Grins it's always nice to find locals... What courses you like to play in NEO?

Well if the above doesn’t convince you I’m not sure what to say. This forum will improve your quality of life. ;)

Back