Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

In my max head I have the heavy weight in the heel, and on my miss it's becoming a hook/draw, but on good hits I'm still seeing a great high ball flight with way more carry than I have had previously, so I may just leave it for now, but holy cow is the face hot and the entire face/head forgiving, even on fairly poor swings I still get useable distance and enough power to get a ball out there far enough to stay in the hole.

Got the tip put on my Rogue Silver 130 MSI for my Mavrik 9.0°. I had it dialed down 1°.

I would like to let you all think this swing was the norm.

IMG_20200318_145210527.jpg

I just need to stop hitting down on my driver. Head feels solid, looks amazing, but sounds different. Not bad, very muted.hl. Heavy might be a good work for it.

Got the tip put on my Rogue Silver 130 MSI for my Mavrik 9.0°. I had it dialed down 1°.

View attachment 8932419

I just need to stop hitting down on my driver. Head feels solid, looks amazing, but sounds different. Not bad, very muted.hl. Heavy might be a good work for it.
I think those numbers are pretty damn good. I don't know what your misses are and such. But, if you get that AoA up, you'll likely knock that spin down, raise the launch, and get a ton more carry.

I think those numbers are pretty damn good. I don't know what your misses are and such. But, if you get that AoA up, you'll likely knock that spin down, raise the launch, and get a ton more carry.
Yup. But, I would be plenty happy to play a 300 yard fade.

View attachment 8932419

That's where I am at a -1.0 and I turned the Max down one also. But I can tell when I'm positive, the ball really jumps off the face. And a higher ball flight.

My golf trip to AZ was blown up and WI weather not giving me a real chance to play any time soon so I able to get on trackman this weekend at our course and I can compare & share my Feb14 session with with Rogue sub zero and the March 14 session Mav SZ Ventus Blue 5S with data. I can't wait to get this outside and give it a rip.Note some of the MAv data may be slightly off our pro forgot to take it off of the 3 iron club choice but ball speed carry and smash shouldn't really change. In short I can't recommend this combo highly enough or getting fit by Club Champion (Matt in Milwaukee area)

Feb 15 2020 Rogue SZ 45 swings Avg Club head speed 101.7 Ball 145.6 SMash 1.43 carry 234 Total 263 Spin 2300 Launch Angle 13.5
March 14 2020 Mav SZ 40 swings Avg Club head speed 103.2 Ball 154.3 SMash 1.50 carry 250 Total 279 Spin 2445 Launch Angle 11.5

Was fitted to D-7 swing weight and I think this really helps me find the center much more consistently. With this combo I just feel like I can rip away.
Fantastic sounding and feeling driver. I think I can squeeze an other mph and still optimize the launch more to get out closer to 300 more consistently than just once in a while.

I let our pro swing it and they have not gotten the mav in but he couldn't get over the feel with the shaft and SZ combo.

Now if can only get winter and the damn virus to leave ....

Attachments

• Roguesub zero summary.jpeg
    Roguesub zero summary.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 14
  • summary Mavrik.jpeg
    summary Mavrik.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 14
Good day with the Max today, still playing -1/N. 10/14 fairways, misses where all within 3 yards of the edge of fairway so none got me into trouble.
Course was wet so all carry today. Long drive for me was 251!!!! The ball just screams off the face when you find the center. My normal drives are in the 230 range consistently so today was a really good day.

Any granddaddy 2019 alum pick up another brands driver or have gone back to what you were playing prior to the event?

I did not crush Mavrik today.
Mavrik saved my ass twice.
I hit 6 of 8 fairways with Mavrik and shot -1 on those holes.
I like Mavrik.
The end.

My golf trip to AZ was blown up and WI weather not giving me a real chance to play any time soon so I able to get on trackman this weekend at our course and I can compare & share my Feb14 session with with Rogue sub zero and the March 14 session Mav SZ Ventus Blue 5S with data. I can't wait to get this outside and give it a rip.Note some of the MAv data may be slightly off our pro forgot to take it off of the 3 iron club choice but ball speed carry and smash shouldn't really change. In short I can't recommend this combo highly enough or getting fit by Club Champion (Matt in Milwaukee area)

Feb 15 2020 Rogue SZ 45 swings Avg Club head speed 101.7 Ball 145.6 SMash 1.43 carry 234 Total 263 Spin 2300 Launch Angle 13.5
March 14 2020 Mav SZ 40 swings Avg Club head speed 103.2 Ball 154.3 SMash 1.50 carry 250 Total 279 Spin 2445 Launch Angle 11.5

Was fitted to D-7 swing weight and I think this really helps me find the center much more consistently. With this combo I just feel like I can rip away.
Fantastic sounding and feeling driver. I think I can squeeze an other mph and still optimize the launch more to get out closer to 300 more consistently than just once in a while.

I let our pro swing it and they have not gotten the mav in but he couldn't get over the feel with the shaft and SZ combo.

Now if can only get winter and the damn virus to leave ....
That's eye opening stuff right there. Thanks.

Any granddaddy 2019 alum pick up another brands driver or have gone back to what you were playing prior to the event?
I have not, staying with the Mavrik Max and really liking the driver. Forgiveness, distance is great for me.

My season has yet to kick off at this point. As far as I know, everyone on our team is loving their Mavrik drivers. We were all fit for them and I am pretty sure we are all "all-in" on the Mavrik line. I think a club would have to be an absolute dud to get taken out of the bag after a couple of months. I took a few swings with a SIM at the shop just to see what it's all about. I prefer the look, sound, and feel of the Mavrik over the SIM.

I am loving my new-to-me Epic Flash - - avoiding this thread. Sort of.

Definitely not for me. I've only been able to play a couple times since the Grandaddy because of the weather, but I've never been more excited about my bag. I'm pretty sure I've said this before in other threads, but I really feel like every club I got at the Grandaddy is a significant improvement over the club it replaced. Now it just needs to warm up so I can actually use them.

I did not crush Mavrik today.
Mavrik saved my ass twice.

I hit 6 of 8 fairways with Mavrik and shot -1 on those holes.
I like Mavrik.
The end.
I think these two encapsulate what I've seen out of the Mavrik Max so far, even on bad strikes I get useable if not good results and I don't have to put a perfect swing on it and I'm still rewarded, now when I do get a good strike, it's the best results I've seen from a driver, EVER!!!

I haven’t hit the Mavrik Max yet! I’m too afraid of what I might be missing out on and I don’t need to spend money on clubs at the moment! :LOL:

I haven’t hit the Mavrik Max yet! I’m too afraid of what I might be missing out on and I don’t need to spend money on clubs at the moment! :LOL:
If you don't want to spend the money, don't go hit it, I can honestly say it'll hook ya! But then again, I said that about the SIM and Speedzone and walked away from them! But I have been in the boat of don't want to buy another club and not wanting to even hit them to see what I was missing out on.

If you don't want to spend the money, don't go hit it, I can honestly say it'll hook ya! But then again, I said that about the SIM and Speedzone and walked away from them! But I have been in the boat of don't want to buy another club and not wanting to even hit them to see what I was missing out on.

Ive hit the standard Mavrik and thought it was fantastic.That’s why I don’t want to try the Max!

Ive hit the standard Mavrik and thought it was fantastic.That’s why I don’t want to try the Max!
I loved the max even more than I did the standard!

Another really good day with the Max. 11/14 fairways today. 2 misses where both close to the edge, 1 I just flat out blocked right but got lucky and didn't stick myself. Distance was solid again today, couple that played downwind really carried. The ones going into the wind where not that much shorter than normal, that maybe part of the new Chrome Soft balls too.

Does anyone plays an untipped Ventus in their Mavrik? I bought one and I’m not sure if it has been tipped. Can someone tell me the measurements from the E at the end of Velocore to the adapter?

I loved the max even more than I did the standard!
I tried both inside ( which never gives me a good feel for the club) and got the max. The weather has been ok here and our course is open and on fhe course it has been great. With NY shut down and i cant go to my office im hopingto at least be able to play and really get to hit fhis driver. Ive left the heavy weight in the back and its worked well. I tend to play a draw on good swings and didnt think the heavy weight in the heel would work for me. Affer reading what a lot of guys have said here and having a lot of time to get out im gonna give the heavy weight in the heel a chance and see what happens. Already happy but why not try it.

Last edited:
Back