What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

THP'd and watched some youtube vids.

Ordered new Traxion SuperStroke grips for my irons. Need to get rid of these corded golf pride grips the irons came with. Ripping my glove after 2 rounds in crazy!
Those grips were quite harsh. I don't mind a little cord but those are ridiculous!!

I got another round in with @Canes and @X.Man. The Miami crew has really come together the last month or so and it’s been a bunch of fun.

I also added a new sticker to my can cooler.
56284F55-0B9A-4363-B1E7-A4D34B71EECE.jpeg

Walked 9 holes at my home course for the first time this season!

I also realized I'm getting older because my knee is jacked up.

Played 18 at Austin Country Club on Skytrak/TGC2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaned the clubs.

I hit another hundred, 3/4 swing, easy lob wedges today. Five groups of 20 balls, spaced out over a 6 hour period. These are 45+/- yard shots.

I hit 10 balls, then go pick them up. I return to my make shift hitting station, and repeat. Target is a piece of 8" pipe .

Probably 65-70 of them would have been playable on the golf course greens, as far as distance an dispersion yardages.

Maybe another 10-15 would have required a good chip, and a doable one putt. The rest would have required a few minor miracles.

Problem swings today were pulls, and fatties. Usually a combination of both during the same swing.

With nothing much to do out here, while doing our version of "social distancing", I might kick it up to 120-140 swings tomorrow....weather permitting.

I hit another hundred, 3/4 swing, easy lob wedges today. Five groups of 20 balls, spaced out over a 6 hour period. These are 45+/- yard shots.

I hit 10 balls, then go pick them up. I return to my make shift hitting station, and repeat. Target is a piece of 8" pipe .

Probably 65-70 of them would have been playable on the golf course greens, as far as distance an dispersion yardages.

Maybe another 10-15 would have required a good chip, and a doable one putt. The rest would have required a few minor miracles.

Problem swings today were pulls, and fatties. Usually a combination of both during the same swing.

With nothing much to do out here, while doing our version of "social distancing", I might kick it up to 120-140 swings tomorrow....weather permitting.
This is a great idea. I have the land to do something similar so I may have to copy your idea!

This is a great idea. I have the land to do something similar so I may have to copy your idea!
Copy all you want. Pretty sure I copied it from someone else.

I already have made 40 swings, so far for the day. 15 yarders to start with, and gradually worked my way up to 40+/- yards so far. I hsve a 60 yard marker I can aim for later today.

If I had more usable, clear room, I use a longer club.

I went to the putting green for a half hour and messed around with my old Bullseye. I didn't get behind a pick a spot as I've been doing for years; rather, I just lined up naturally and with what felt right. Similarly, I just made a natural stroke and didn't think about mechanics at all. Yikes I putted well!!

I may have to game that thing to see if I can recapture the magic of my youth :cool:

I ordered a hybrid from Global Golf they were having a 20% off sale that sucked me in. I am going to throw some old balls in a bag and go over to the range across the street and see if I can hit some balls and shag them myself.

I shipped off a couple clubs, made a list of the ones I want to take to AR, listed a few more, put in a ball order, some torso work at the gym, and I'll orange whip when I get home to stretch everything out. Read a bunch of old threads on here, too. Nuggets of gold bubbling up from the boredom.

Besides THPing, I played 36 holes today shooting 129 and a 106. The 36 holes were played on Golf Club 2019.

I went to hit at the range and ended up playing 9 holes (in under 90 minutes). Such a beautiful evening for golf!!

Swung Orange Whips and did some MISIG.

Today was a good day.

IMG_3001.jpg

Cleaned up my clubs!
IMG_1884.JPG

I went to the local driving range with a bag of 50 shag balls and hit balls then shagged them and hit them again. It was fun.

THP only today.

Driving range and then played 18. Felt good to be in the warm sunshine.

Played okay but "adjusted" the rules for bunker shots. Course pulled rakes and asked people to smooth the area with their feet after hitting. People can barely do that with a rake! I had several unique bunker lies. I decided to move the ball into a logical resting place instead of hitting out of huge footprints left by guys climbing up the face of a bunker.

9 holes at a fun course

Back