ANNOUNCEMENT Live Chat with Jason Finley from Callaway Golf

@JasonFinleyCG how much luck will using your Granddaddy Bag that I won bring me on the course?

There is actually a lot that goes into it but some of the considerations are:
-Shafts that work with the product we are creating - do the stories line up
-What shafts are hot or have a high perceived value to the golfer
-Looks play a role based on the Driver sometimes
-Partnerships and supply chain

All of these things and some others come into play
Question. What is the decision process to determine which shafts are used for stock offerings? e.g. Do shaft companies get versions of the head to do testing with to determine best fit or does Callaway have in house testing and shaft companies send in shaft options?

See above

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
How far out (time wise) do you product design? Is there a rhythm to it (ie research for so many months, development, testing, marketing) or is it fluid as the ideas come?
This is not an exact science. We do have some rhythm or cadence to our launch schedule but the time is dependent on the product. Some technologies are in the innovation pipeline for years and it is a matter or getting them into the right products and some technologies are more mature and it is more a matter of finding ways to enhance or make them better. So, in summary, totally depends on the product and the technology.

Sample cease and desist letter would be cool too.

Was more referring to make one and send to them for them to ponder. Not, "made a dozen of these, giving them away on social media"

SHould I get back to work, or stick around here for a while .............. never mind, dumb question, I'm staying here.

Thanks @JasonFinleyCG. Hope to get the chance to meet you someday

I’m late to the party thanks to a work meeting so apologies if this was asked and I missed it.

What advice would you give this years Grandaddy captain?

@JasonFinleyCG ,how does the "budget" Edge line compare to the Maverick line if customization was not a factor?
In most cases there will not be as many features or as advanced features in a product like Edge. For example, it will have a more mature face technology in it than something like AI designed Jailbreak. Like any (most) consumer products, the newer, more advanced technologies will have a higher cost to them.

Are you guys coming to Portland this year for a ball demo / presentation?

Hi Jason
What a small world we live in,My wife registered me at ancestry.com and late last night i found out we are related, obliviously i was disbelief and checked your Bio out,we have a lot in common,you work and play for callaway and i buy and play callaway products!! Add the fact that we both our under quarantine at the same time adds to evidence. Now if we can only meet sometime in December we can further analyze are family tree. Hmmm. Miss you already

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mr. Finley: Do you think that the next big jump in golf ball technology will come from advancements in materials, in design, or somewhere else?
Probably some combination of that combined with how things are made.

Hi Jason
What a small world we live in,My wife registered me at ancestry.com and late last night i found out we are related, obliviously i was disbelief and checked your Bio out,we have a lot in common,you work and play for callaway and i buy and play callaway products!! Add the fact that we both our under quarantine at the same time adds to evidence. Now if we can only meet sometime in December we can further analyze are family tree. Hmmm. Miss you already

Jason might need a Cease and Desist letter for this ;)

Hi Jason

Well, that escalated quickly...

Hi Jason

This is really funny.
Just a note, Grandaddy is Tapatalk free zone...

Hi Jason

Hi Jason

Nepotism automatically disqualifies you from the Grandaddy. Have a nice day. 🤷‍♂️

Is A. I. used in golf balls like it is with the drivers and irons? If not, is it on the horizon?
We have not launched a ball yet that has been designed by AI but we have been working in this area for sure. The more we use AI across the board, the more useful it will be come for us in all areas of our business.

Hi Jason

Hi Jason

Hi Jason

Back