Why Are Iron Covers Polarizing

I already stated my OCD is the reason I use the covers, but, in reality, I wish I could find iron covers with some cool phrase or picture on them. Just for fun with my playing partners.

Like taking my time! lol 😂

For you guys that are against iron covers let’s see some pics of your irons with chatter, curious to see how bad some of the forged sets look

Well I may be a little different, probably cause my irons are 4 years old and I just reshafted them but, I like to hear the clack, clack, clack. Makes me
Know they are all in place and they are hanging right and my gait is proper.
when they have a non rhythm sound, something is up

Well I may be a little different, probably cause my irons are 4 years old and I just reshafted them but, I like to hear the clack, clack, clack. Makes me
Know they are all in place and they are hanging right and my gait is proper.
when they have a non rhythm sound, something is up
It's funny because I'm opposite.. I cringe when I hear them clanking around..

I already stated my OCD is the reason I use the covers, but, in reality, I wish I could find iron covers with some cool phrase or picture on them. Just for fun with my playing partners.

Like taking my time! lol 😂
Something like these?:

covers.jpg

Because iron covers are for pu****s and people who think those who use iron covers are pu****s are a-holes.

That about sums it up.

When I caddied as a kid, iron covers and tubes were a nightmare to deal with. For me, 14-way bags are the modern day tubes, and I have an innate aversion to them as well. No hate for others, but I just can’t stand them for my bag.

people who don't ever use iron covers probably drink milk straight from the bottle with long socks and sandals....
That's what I think of people who do use iron covers...😳

😂😂😂

For you guys that are against iron covers let’s see some pics of your irons with chatter, curious to see how bad some of the forged sets look

These have been played for about 150 rounds, 90% of those walking. The Titleist driving iron is 13 years old and had seen more like 1000 rounds. I’ll get better pictures if our club ever opens up again and I can get access to my clubs and club.:)

917023D1-4B12-45C5-B530-433CC88F8C35.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't care that someone doesn't use them, so why should it bother them that I do? I use the soft neoprene ones. They slip on and off easily and I stick them in my pocket while hitting the club. When I spend a few grand on a new set of clubs, I like to keep them looking good. I always clean my clubs myself, so it's not a bother for anyone else.

the only legitimate purpose of using them would be for travel, anything else is just ridiculous and you guys know it.
Clearly your opinion and not factual.

I do not like iron covers
Even though there are iron cover lovers
I do not like them, let’s be frank
They often end up in a lake

I would use them but I think they're polarizing in the way that those stick figure family window stickers are...

tahoebum, I respect your opinion you might have on any topic including this one. What I can't get over is this, "Bag chatter is commonly a source of pride for many of the good players I know." What does that mean?

Can I say "taking care of your clubs is a source of pride for many of the good players I know".

I have them on a set of irons I bought brand new but don't have them on 2 sets of used irons. If I'm buying clubs brand new, I want to keep them looking brand new for as long as I can. Plus I think the ones I have look snazzy too. If you don't like it, well that's on you.

sofa protector.jpg

sofa cover.jpg

Last edited:
I personally don't use iron covers and really don't care if you do or don't.

Iron sets (for play) are not investments, they are commodities. You buy them to swing them at a hard object and most of the times you are also hitting the earth, they are never perfect again.

Back