The Great Unknown

Are we talking Fuji Chile Japan Sri Lanka Philippines Hawaii Guatemala Madagascar? Is this coastal or we talking Egypt exotic?

It’s also going to depend on what country as a factor.
If it’s coastal I’m probably going to say yes. If it’s inland like Siberia Cairo Mexico City, bro probably not.

The permanency of the move makes it a non-starter.

It’s also going to depend on what country as a factor.
If it’s coastal I’m probably going to say yes. If it’s inland like Siberia Cairo Mexico City, bro probably not.
Once again, you're too hung up on specifics. It's a philosophical question.

You've been watching too much 90 day fiance my dude.

An exotic to me place - probably not. Even if they broadly spoke English there, it's not worth being away from all of our other family, especially while raising a family. A couple states away these days is the most I'd consider.

Nothing outside of the US or Canada, probably not even Canada at this point because the seasons there blow.

I'd move in a heartbeat.

You've been watching too much 90 day fiance my dude.

An exotic to me place - probably not. Even if they broadly spoke English there, it's not worth being away from all of our other family, especially while raising a family. A couple states away these days is the most I'd consider.
I honestly haven't the slightest clue as to what that is.

I am 100% type A. I move on a whim all the time I've lived in other states, countries, possibly other worlds. The thread came to be as I'm gearing up to move again. This time it may only ever bring me back to the states for work in LA - I honestly don't mind "commuting" from wherever (i.e. Sinagpore) to LA for a show or even meetings.

I am 100% type A. I move on a whim all the time I've lived in other states, countries, possibly other worlds. The thread came to be as I'm gearing up to move again. This time it may only ever bring me back to the states for work in LA - I honestly don't mind "commuting" from wherever (i.e. Sinagpore) to LA for a show or even meetings.
I commend you. I always envy those that can. but personally I have a hard time branching out and meeting new people, so new places feel isolated for me personally really quick. Which is kinda ironic as I'm first generation here on my moms side, and not too far removed on my dads haha. I'm only two hours away from my home town and the first few years up here were rough.

ok so it comes out, singapore, yeah i bet its wild as hell there, a new monster in every way. DO IT!

ok so it comes out, singapore, yeah i bet its wild as hell there, a new monster in every way. DO IT!
This has nothing to do with me. I'm not moving to Singapore. Perhaps I will sometime in the future. I spend time there every now and then, and it's just a big clean city.

Last edited:
:banghead: im lost

I commend you. I always envy those that can. but personally I have a hard time branching out and meeting new people, so new places feel isolated for me personally really quick. Which is kinda ironic as I'm first generation here on my moms side, and not too far removed on my dads haha. I'm only two hours away from my home town and the first few years up here were rough.
I get it. I first moved away when I was 20. I had my own apartment in Chicago, but only about 10 miles from my parents for two years prior. I didn't know anyone, or really much about LA when I moved, so I was sort of forced to figure it out. I was lucky enough to fall in with some cool roommates who helped me get acquainted - but truth be told, my best friends to this day, I have met whilst sitting in bars around the world, often by myself.

I wouldn't survive in Middle America for any longer than it would take to change planes.
Not saying it's a bad place. It's not. Just not a good fit for me or most ethnic people like me
As a lifelong midwesterner( hopefully for not too long) the only thing “exotic” about middle America is Joe Exotic!

As someone who has lived his life by A if I had to do it all over again I think I would have fallen between B and C. I’ve chased a lot of opportunities, lived a lot of places but as you get older you realize your roots don’t run very deep.

Guess I’m getting melancholy in my 50’s but all the travel, moves, new experiences wore thin over time - probably leading to the next move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As someone who has lived his life by A if I had to do it all over again I think I would have fallen between B and C. I’ve chased a lot of opportunities, lived a lot of places but as you get older you realize your roots don’t run very deep.

Guess I’m getting melancholy in my 50’s but all the travel, moves, new experiences wore thin over time - probably leading to the next move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I understand this completely. Sometimes I wish I had deep roots, but I never have. Perhaps my son will start something

I would definitely (probably) do it. New places and opportunities excite me.

I’m starting with option B, but in my head I know that I’m not leaving home. Roots are deep.

Back