I just got bad news

wluker17

Reaction score
Handicap
l just found out that I have a posterior labrum tear in my right shoulder and recovery time post surgery is 5-6 months. There goes a whole summer and fall of playing golf, playing baseball with my son and playing softball with my friends. At least I don't have the 'rona. But because of all that crap I probably won't even get it fixed for a month or longer. I'm super bummed. And worse, we can't even watch the freaking Masters on TV right now.

Damn that sucks, but alot of places are not having elective/non emergency surgeries, so they may need to reschedule those first before scheduling yours.. then it may be fall by then and then you recover over winter?

Either way, wish you a speedy recovery

Well if there's any good news, you're not really able to play much golf anyway. Sucks you have to wait to get it fixed though since that's just a longer recover time.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully you will be healed up soon

Yep. Right now it might take a month just to get an MRI so they are 100% sure that is what is wrong.

Man, that sucks! Hopefully you aren't in too much pain and recovery goes quickly!

Sorry to hear about your Labrum tear. I've had both shoulders done to fix those tears. The key to a speedy recovery is staying vigilant with the rehab.
I was told by my surgeon that it would be 6 months before I could play golf again. But....when the therapist said do 10 of these exercises twice a day, I did 15 of them, 3 times a day. Every morning I would do all the stretches in a hot shower so things would loosen up more easily and I could stretch farther. The extra work I put in got me back to playing golf in 4 months instead of 6. I did the same thing on both shoulders.

Best wishes on your recovery !

Man, that sucks! Hopefully you aren't in too much pain and recovery goes quickly!
Thankfully it doesn't hurt much outside of throwing a ball or swinging a golf club or raising my arm above my shoulder.

+vibes man, I'm sorry to hear that. I had a similar injury in high school, but with some PT and patience, got my shoulder stronger than it was prior. Wish you a speedy recovery!

Sorry to hear about your Labrum tear. I've had both shoulders done to fix those tears. The key to a speedy recovery is staying vigilant with the rehab.
I was told by my surgeon that it would be 6 months before I could play golf again. But....when the therapist said do 10 of these exercises twice a day, I did 15 of them, 3 times a day. Every morning I would do all the stretches in a hot shower so things would loosen up more easily and I could stretch farther. The extra work I put in got me back to playing golf in 4 months instead of 6. I did the same thing on both shoulders.

Best wishes on your recovery !
That's good to know. I really want to get after it when it comes around to rehab. Not being able to play golf or catch with my son is more painful than the actual pain.

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with surgery and recovery.

Bang, I would be in the corner in a fetal position with no golf and no Softball this year, oh wait....we may all be in that spot....sorry to hear though, that sue

That's terrible man. Hopefully they fix it and you come back an even stronger golfer. Good luck on the recovery.

That sucks to hear. A friend of mine that got into golf for rehab purposes post deployment had both shoulders done one at a time. He learned how to play one handed. When he played it would be on a par 3 course or just pitch and putt stuff at the practice green.

That sucks to hear. A friend of mine that got into golf for rehab purposes post deployment had both shoulders done one at a time. He learned how to play one handed. When he played it would be on a par 3 course or just pitch and putt stuff at the practice green.
yeah, sounds like a lot of short game practice in my immediate future. Maybe that is a good thing

l just found out that I have a posterior labrum tear in my right shoulder and recovery time post surgery is 5-6 months. There goes a whole summer and fall of playing golf, playing baseball with my son and playing softball with my friends. At least I don't have the 'rona. But because of all that crap I probably won't even get it fixed for a month or longer. I'm super bummed. And worse, we can't even watch the freaking Masters on TV right now.

I've been living with the same tear since 1997, doesn't effect much unless I do work over my head. Figure I'll have it repaired when I retire in 7 years.

That stinks. Hoping for a quick and full recovery for you.

Sending positive thoughts to you... Important to rest and not aggravate it no matter how strong the desire... putting and chipping and a lot of THP forums in your future. Hopefully the tour will return so you can watch it during recovery.

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.

Also, was it pain that brought you to the doc or instability/dislocation of your shoulder?

Time to come back better than before! Best luck on the road to recovery!

How did you injure it? That's tough man. As mentioned before, if there was a year for you to have to go through recovery, I suppose this would be the one. Hope it isn't as bad as they think once you get an MRI.

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.

Also, was it pain that brought you to the doc or instability/dislocation of your shoulder?
I'm 38. It was pain and not instability and there was never a singular moment that I did something that I can point to that did it. I do know that I was hitting drivers on the range when I first felt the pain creep up on me. I've never dislocated anything thankfully.

Back