Cart situation with social distancing?

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that courses are opening up in Wisconsin and Minnesota, I was wondering if they will allow people in the same house to use the same cart. Times are tough and having to clean all those carts is costly for places that are hurting already.

Do they allow you to ride with someone in your own household?

Here in SA before they shut down, same household shared a cart. anyone else, got their own. As of a few days ago it looks like they will be be opening back up, it looks like walking or push cart only for the time being.

to eliminate the questions about same household, no carts here...keeps the social distance police from reporting you

Now that courses are opening up in Wisconsin and Minnesota, I was wondering if they will allow people in the same house to use the same cart. Times are tough and having to clean all those carts is costly for places that are hurting already.

Down here in Arkansas couples are aloud to ride in the same cart. Sons and daughters also. All others single cart only. I would imagine it's up to each club to their own rules.

Half cart at full price to get some of that cleaning money back.. 😂

Ride with household but does not apply to me. generally c;ub is behind on carts available... Micro cart and some thoughts to myself are all i need!

The challenge I've seen with carts, is even when its just family in a single cart, the carts still get backed up at tee boxes and greens. Constantly hearing that people aren't completely social distancing themselves because they have people that line up behind them

1 person per cart here in KS unless related. (same household)

I believe you can share with someone from your household here in South Dakota.

For a couple weeks, they stopped offering carts totally at my club, then when brought them back, limited to 1 person or same household.

I played one last weekend and they let us ride together only because we're married. I know one course by me basically has a 'if you came together, you can ride together' policy. Which all seems pretty logical to me. There's only so many carts to go around at some courses, and cleaning them thoroughly takes extra effort. If you drove there together, I don't see how sharing a cart could be any worse risk. Duration of proximity not withstanding.

People don't know how close 6' really is.

I believe we're allowed to ride same house here.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm walking until I'm not allowed to walk. Don't need to be touching carts right now.

I would assume same house would be ok but who knows. I'm fine with walking IF I ever get to play.

Every course I have played so far the answer is yes. So I ride alone hahaha.

We can ride with someone in our HH, or you can take your own cart if you choose. Our course gave us a choice. They they spray and wipe down every cart after each use.

Family members can share a cart here in LA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I talked with the owner of my local course last night and he said they aren't allowing carts in Wisconsin. It has to be walking only. Not sure if that's legit or not, but that was his understanding.

I’ve heard a mixed bag depending on state, and even specific courses.
When ours open up, I’ll just keep walking.

In Indiana everywhere besides Indianapolis which has been hit the worst is allowing 1 person per cart, and then allowing same household ride together. They let it go til carts run out then usually don’t allow the carts to go out more than once per day unless they have a “sanitation hour”. Definitely a hassle, but most places I’ve been too just have all hands on deck. At least they aren’t unemployed!

Most courses are one per cart except same household. They actually will allow 2 in the cart anyway if that is what you want to do. Doesn’t matter to me to be honest. 1 per cart just makes the round faster as both can just go to their house own ball and play.

They do here in Indiana.

Yes. here in AZ, unless you're in the same house...you get your own cart. and no bag service. Most of our courses are essentially just a booked at least they seem that way.

Walking only here at our home course, unless you're a member and they will reserve a cart for your for the duration. 1st come 1st serve kinda deal though.

Back