Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Whoa... Just got a Ventus Black 6x. Been hitting the riptide really well, but still I had some slight push fades. Installed the Ventus.... I had one bad drive with the Ventus all day and it was my fault taking a weak swing trying not hit driver to far into a crossing creek. This shaft wants to stay dead straight. Not much movement in it. Point, shoot and go. Launched a hair lower then I'm used to but in the summer months I'm going to get a ton of roll. Honestly, I'm speechless. I normally tend to spray my driver throughout a round and I may have found my Grail shaft to fix that. Might have to loft the Mavrik up 1* but after hitting that many fairways I may never adjust my driver again.

Ventus has been my #1 shaft since it's release. Tough to beat when tested, especially tough to beat when you're fitted into one of the three. Such a good performer, so not surprised you found success with it. The only driver I've had to really dive into with the Ventus is the SIM standard head. I built a Mavrik SZ with a Ventus Black 6X for a client a few days ago and that's a clean setup! Really good performer in a fairway wood too!

How many ventus shafts do you have now? Surely enough to be an expert on the topic.

I’ve got four now. One in each fairway and two driver shafts. One of the driver shafts will find a new home. lol

Ventus 6X will be the next mindless experiment, the KBS TD is doing OK but if all told not as good as the GD AD BB. I wish the guy had got me the CAT 5 60 I asked for, but it is what it is.

Ventus has been my #1 shaft since it's release. Tough to beat when tested, especially tough to beat when you're fitted into one of the three. Such a good performer, so not surprised you found success with it. The only driver I've had to really dive into with the Ventus is the SIM standard head. I built a Mavrik SZ with a Ventus Black 6X for a client a few days ago and that's a clean setup! Really good performer in a fairway wood too!

It’s so hard to beat. The blue shafts are a dream in the fairways and the black has been a standout in driver.

For reference what was you previous favorite Shaft?

This year I’ve gamed the HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 and most recently the Attas Coool.

Thanks, I liked the smoke in my FW's in 6.5 never tried it in the Driver. Which one do you have that you are thinking of moving?

I am a big fan of the Ventus. I have stupidly moved to try other things but it is still my fav.

I think the lineup is pretty solid from top to bottom. At ECPC, my fitter pretty much started the driver portion of the fitting with the Ventus and never deviated. If a fitter of that caliber has a go to like that, it tells me he's seen a lot of success with it.

I'm ready for the season to start so I can commence this shootout!

I’ve got four now. One in each fairway and two driver shafts. One of the driver shafts will find a new home. lol
Which one needs a new home...? Just asking for a friend.... ;)

I know....I was asking for you... ;) :rolleyes:
Ha ha, thanks,
Will P. warned me off the 6X in the GD AD XC and that turned out to be a mistake so who knows what Ventus would be best. But if it is not X flex I doubt I would buy it. But some folks say the Black plays stiff to flex?? maybe others that own them can comment.

Oddly enough no matter what shaft I try I don't gain much of anything but less money....and more shafts in the garage.

Thanks, I liked the smoke in my FW's in 6.5 never tried it in the Driver. Which one do you have that you are thinking of moving?

Not sure yet. Haven’t had a chance to take the 7X out yet. The 7S was super impressive though and in cooler weather.

If that's directed towards me, I meant #1 with my clients that have gone through fittings. It's been my top seller by quite a lot. Before that I would say the Tensei Pro line or the HZRDUS Smoke line.

Ventus Black is also great in fairways for the stronger player.

Blue and red 5s and 6s need to be tested in my driver!!

The Ventus Red is seriously good. Unfortunately, a lot of players won't peak at it.
I've been eye balling the 7X version of the Red. It looks like it has a stiffer butt profile than the blue, which might be good for me, as I can get quick from the top of my swing. I also struggle with launch and spin. I have a unique driver swing I guess, as I have good speed (BS around high 150's/low 160's) but a super positive angle of attack and VERY low spin. I've also had success with the Aldila Rogue black shaft which I understand has a fairly soft tip section.
Keeping my eyes peeled.

I've been eye balling the 7X version of the Red. It looks like it has a stiffer butt profile than the blue, which might be good for me, as I can get quick from the top of my swing. I also struggle with launch and spin. I have a unique driver swing I guess, as I have good speed (BS around high 150's/low 160's) but a super positive angle of attack and VERY low spin. I've also had success with the Aldila Rogue black shaft which I understand has a fairly soft tip section.
Keeping my eyes peeled.

It's a good choice! Let me know if I can help in any way!

I've played the Red in my driver during the fall season and the few times I've been able to get out in the past month. Struggled with launching to low, so always looking for mid high to high launch. The Red has performed really well and my dispersion is noticeably better. Last weekend I swapped the GD Tour AD VR that I originally played with this driver head--yes I can launch the VR higher, but I don't have nearly as good control with it. The Ventus Red went back in the driver very quickly!

Picked up a Ventus Red 5R yesterday. Curious to see how it compares to my Even Flow Green 55 5.5.

The Blue is amazing. Just went 6X and 7X in the driver and 3-wood. Was getting several MPH more ball speed with these, and the kick at impact is sure nice. Love the proprietary Hybrid shafts that Fujikura made for Mizuno, and was glad to add the Ventus. Great deal on them also helped.

The Blue is amazing. Just went 6X and 7X in the driver and 3-wood. Was getting several MPH more ball speed with these, and the kick at impact is sure nice. Love the proprietary Hybrid shafts that Fujikura made for Mizuno, and was glad to add the Ventus. Great deal on them also helped.

Are you using the Velocore or standard?

Are you using the Velocore or standard?

Velocore. Getting both shafts for less than $400 made the deal even better.

Velocore. Getting both shafts for less than $400 made the deal even better.

That’s a great deal. I see some guys trying to sell one for about that price!

Back