Fujikura Ventus Shafts

Oh brilliant! What have you noticed in comparison of how the two load (and how would you describe your transition)? Does one or the other feel like it has more kick?

And also - is the super stiff/stable tip of the Ventus as noticeable as Fujikura says it will be vs. the VR?

I have a pretty quick transition that I’m working diligently at smoothing out, but I find both shafts handle the load very well. What I’ve noticed most on the Ventus is that while it is super stable, it still feels incredibly smooth.

Admittedly, I haven’t spent as much time with the VR, but initially, I prefer the ventus. And for whatever reason, I seem To find center face more with the ventus.

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten the shafts out as much as I’d like what with the weather and crazy schedule, but will have more details this spring.

9x?? Isn’t that basically an iron I-Beam?

hopefully...

1583853267746.png

But not as stiff as.... That is only for the very strongest of the strong..

1583854138972.png

Last edited:
I have a pretty quick transition that I’m working diligently at smoothing out, but I find both shafts handle the load very well. What I’ve noticed most on the Ventus is that while it is super stable, it still feels incredibly smooth.

Admittedly, I haven’t spent as much time with the VR, but initially, I prefer the ventus. And for whatever reason, I seem To find center face more with the ventus.

Unfortunately I haven’t gotten the shafts out as much as I’d like what with the weather and crazy schedule, but will have more details this spring.

Very intriguing... I can get my hands on a VR 6S for under $200, so I'll have to figure out if the Ventus is $100+ better for me. Think it will come down to what brings stability without promoting too much of a push/slice (which is why the VR interests me - sounds like it would load/unload easier than the Ventus, maybe like a middle ground between the blue and red)

Very intriguing... I can get my hands on a VR 6S for under $200, so I'll have to figure out if the Ventus is $100+ better for me. Think it will come down to what brings stability without promoting too much of a push/slice (which is why the VR interests me - sounds like it would load/unload easier than the Ventus, maybe like a middle ground between the blue and red)
I will take the VR out next time and see if I can get some more info for you.

Part of me wouldn't mind trying a Black 7X. That said, the 7S is giving me great performance overall but I'm not giving it the beans either. Trying to stay smooth and focusing on swinging fast, not hard.

I have a Ventus Blue 5 R in my F9 driver and absolutely love it
I think it may be the best change I have made to my bag to date. The Blue just works in the driver, still playing mine at -1/N. Need to get on a monitor and see if I dropped any more spin.
Y'all making me want to try the blue 5s a lot!

Part of me wouldn't mind trying a Black 7X. That said, the 7S is giving me great performance overall but I'm not giving it the beans either. Trying to stay smooth and focusing on swinging fast, not hard.
How does one go about "giving it the beans"? 👽

Has anyone compared to the Atmos, Kuro Kage or the Pro 2.0?

Thanks.

Can anyone with an untipped Ventus with a Callaway adapter please measure from the E Velocore to the beginning of the adapter. I see a lot of shafts for sale and they all seem to have different space between Velocore and the adapter. I just bought one and want to make sure it isn’t tipped.

Can anyone with an untipped Ventus with a Callaway adapter please measure from the E Velocore to the beginning of the adapter. I see a lot of shafts for sale and they all seem to have different space between Velocore and the adapter. I just bought one and want to make sure it isn’t tipped.
I don't have a tape at home. It's at work. But I would say mine is 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 inches to the adapter.

2.25 inches
890ac88dff796c5061f6b441c088ac5c.jpg

Amazing shaft btw.... hitting like Phil says

Tipped an inch

20200320_204155.jpg

Straight install with nothing taken off the tip

20200320_204228.jpg

I just bought a Ventus Blue 6S in my standard Mavrik 9° head and it is launching a little high. Should I try to find a Black 6S or a Blue 6X?

Loving the combo of my Mavrik SZ with a Ventus Blue R flex. I've never hit anything this long in many a year. :cool:

Anyone want to trade a Blue 6S or a Black 6S for Callaway?

Please keep sales, buys and trades to the marketplace section of the forum.
Thank you.

What kind of SS and transition do you typically have? I currently am using the Blue 6S but thinking of going either Black 6S or 7S to help with an aggressive downswing and to lower ball flight.

What kind of SS and transition do you typically have? I currently am using the Blue 6S but thinking of going either Black 6S or 7S to help with an aggressive downswing and to lower ball flight.

New member! We just brought Fujikura into our fitting matrix and have had tremendous success with the Ventus line. Unfortunately, there is no great way to answer your questions. Stereotypically the faster/harder hitters will be better in the Black, but that's assuming a lot of other data that is needed to truly fit well. The Black is a lower launching shaft, however, there is no such thing as a lower spinning shaft. Any shaft could produce lower spin if it's the right shaft for you and causes a certain strike. Do you happen to know your launch monitor numbers? With that info along with some personal experience, we can make a better choice!

New member! We just brought Fujikura into our fitting matrix and have had tremendous success with the Ventus line. Unfortunately, there is no great way to answer your questions. Stereotypically the faster/harder hitters will be better in the Black, but that's assuming a lot of other data that is needed to truly fit well. The Black is a lower launching shaft, however, there is no such thing as a lower spinning shaft. Any shaft could produce lower spin if it's the right shaft for you and causes a certain strike. Do you happen to know your launch monitor numbers? With that info along with some personal experience, we can make a better choice!

I don’t have numbers from with the Blue 6S just based on ball flight and my numbers from my previous shaft. It seems the Blue 6S has a higher ball flight, I’m assuming it was due to higher launch and spin. I have the numbers from the Smoke Black I was using previously but it isn’t as good as a fit with my Mavrik. I really like the feel of the Ventus but am curious if the 6/7S in Black would get me ball flight closer to what I had with Smoke with the feel of the Ventus. I would love to get out to get numbers but with how everything is right now ( “stay at home “) I was hoping to get some insight and opinions from some others with experience with both shafts.

I don’t have numbers from with the Blue 6S just based on ball flight and my numbers from my previous shaft. It seems the Blue 6S has a higher ball flight, I’m assuming it was due to higher launch and spin. I have the numbers from the Smoke Black I was using previously but it isn’t as good as a fit with my Mavrik. I really like the feel of the Ventus but am curious if the 6/7S in Black would get me ball flight closer to what I had with Smoke with the feel of the Ventus. I would love to get out to get numbers but with how everything is right now ( “stay at home “) I was hoping to get some insight and opinions from some others with experience with both shafts.

HZRDUS Smoke Black and Ventus are not very similar shafts. The Smoke 60g 6.0 is about 57g and the Ventus Black 6S is just over 65g. Smoke is higher launching than the Ventus Black as well. The Ventus Black is stiffer in the butt and mid section, but the Smoke Black is stiffer in the tip section.

The Ventus Black 7X I won just arrived yesterday and I’d be pretty stoked to get it out for a trial run if the courses weren’t closed. 🙄 @ArmyGolf chided me for not finding a random field and hitting bombs, but our snake community has some strict rules about trespassing so I’ll pass.

The Ventus Black 7X I won just arrived yesterday and I’d be pretty stoked to get it out for a trial run if the courses weren’t closed. 🙄 @ArmyGolf chided me for not finding a random field and hitting bombs, but our snake community has some strict rules about trespassing so I’ll pass.
How many ventus shafts do you have now? Surely enough to be an expert on the topic.

Whoa... Just got a Ventus Black 6x. Been hitting the riptide really well, but still I had some slight push fades. Installed the Ventus.... I had one bad drive with the Ventus all day and it was my fault taking a weak swing trying not hit driver to far into a crossing creek. This shaft wants to stay dead straight. Not much movement in it. Point, shoot and go. Launched a hair lower then I'm used to but in the summer months I'm going to get a ton of roll. Honestly, I'm speechless. I normally tend to spray my driver throughout a round and I may have found my Grail shaft to fix that. Might have to loft the Mavrik up 1* but after hitting that many fairways I may never adjust my driver again.

Last edited:
Back