SuperSpeed Golf Review

Swing a driver now, least see what that speed is!
Driver was 133mph that day. I wouldn't swing like that on the course.

I did a more controlled one, focusing on a blade of grass an it was 123mph. I don't believe its accurate (too fast) as its probably picking up the rotation of the club toe as well. Cant wait to try on a sim soon.

Last edited:
I’m having some back tightness so I figured I’d go through with it. I’ll probably tack this onto a normal workout and skip the warmup in the future.
If your back is tight, take all the time you need. That is the #1 killer to performance with this.

Didn't feel great today. A little lightheaded. The green swings felt great but the blue and red were down in speed.

Cheated a little with 5 final green swings as I wasn't happy with how they felt....5th one was magic. So close!

Nice. Looks like your getting ready to go on the World Long Drive Tour. Thats some impressive speed. Superspeed System is the real deal.

Nice. Looks like your getting ready to go on the World Long Drive Tour. Thats some impressive speed. Superspeed System is the real deal.
Thanks.

It sure is!

I just wish I could hit some balls right now :/

First session of Week 2 is done. Right-handed green swings aren't changing much (ticked down a bit today, actually), but red and blue keep inching up. All left-handed swings are increasing, too.

The last 3 green ones were not good, at all.

Driver speeds are up about 2 mph already.

Results on 4/4 compared to 4/18

4/4/20
Driver before 89 - after 102
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

4/18
Driver before 91 - after 104
Green - 105
Blue - 104
Red - 96

No real gains with the sticks but driver is up 2 mph.

4/4/20
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

4/18
Green - 105
Blue - 104
Red - 96

You swing the driver 13 mph faster after the workout than before? Is that what you mean? Seems like a really big gap. I would think on the course you should be getting pretty close to 100. Isn't that a big gain from where you were?

You swing the driver 13 mph faster after the workout than before? Is that what you mean? Seems like a really big gap. I would think on the course you should be getting pretty close to 100. Isn't that a big gain from where you were?

From what I’ve seen online and in reviews the 10 mph gain from before to after The session with driver is pretty common. I think it’s because the sticks really loosen you up. And there is no ball so you go after it harder without worry of solid contact.

100 mph on the course, nah. Not even close. Even if I go all out nearly falling over I might top out at 95 but that usually means very poor contact. I have a very deliberate swing normally. Swinging any faster and it usually means getting out of tempo etc.

Before covid hit I was hitting drives on the range with my little radar and was in that 88-92 mph range on average with the occasional 93-94 mph.. the higher ones usually mean when I hit a snap hook cause those little radars read higher on draws as it picks up the closing toe end of the club which is moving faster than the center of the head.

I get frustrated at times with the program but it really does work.

In Feb 2019, the first time I did the sticks my driver “before” was 85. I worked that up to at least 90 pretty quickly.

I think the “driver before” number is the number that resonates most with me because I figure this is what I’d swing most closely to the first drive of a round.

From what I’ve seen online and in reviews the 10 mph gain from before to after The session with driver is pretty common. I think it’s because the sticks really loosen you up. And there is no ball so you go after it harder without worry of solid contact.

100 mph on the course, nah. Not even close. Even if I go all out nearly falling over I might top out at 95 but that usually means very poor contact. I have a very deliberate swing normally. Swinging any faster and it usually means getting out of tempo etc.

Before covid hit I was hitting drives on the range with my little radar and was in that 88-92 mph range on average with the occasional 93-94 mph.. the higher ones usually mean when I hit a snap hook cause those little radars read higher on draws as it picks up the closing toe end of the club which is moving faster than the center of the head.

I get frustrated at times with the program but it really does work.

In Feb 2019, the first time I did the sticks my driver “before” was 85. I worked that up to at least 90 pretty quickly.

I think the “driver before” number is the number that resonates most with me because I figure this is what I’d swing most closely to the first drive of a round.

Interesting. Sounds like you have more in the tank than you are comfortable with going at the ball. Your numbers are not much below mine and I'm around 100 on trackman. With 104 on blue (which is pretty close to driver weight from what I understand) def think you got high 90s in ya. Let er rip.

Interesting. Sounds like you have more in the tank than you are comfortable with going at the ball. Your numbers are not much below mine and I'm around 100 on trackman. With 104 on blue (which is pretty close to driver weight from what I understand) def think you got high 90s in ya. Let er rip.

Its possible. With any club, driver to wedge I feel like I’m only swinging at about 80%. Never was comfortable going after it any faster. To where my brother swings as hard as he possibly can on every shot. Sometimes worried he’s gonna pull something 😀

I tend to hit a draw and sometimes on the course I’ll hit a practice drive at full tilt and usually lose it right. So I think that is why I’m always hesitant swinging faster.

From what I’ve seen online and in reviews the 10 mph gain from before to after The session with driver is pretty common. I think it’s because the sticks really loosen you up.
Are you doing the dynamic warmup before each session?

I'm not seeing much difference in my before-and-after driver speeds so far (99.3 vs 100.0 yesterday), but my G/B/R averages (107/105/99) are similar to yours.

Are you doing the dynamic warmup before each session?

I'm not seeing much difference in my before-and-after driver speeds so far (99.3 vs 100.0 yesterday), but my G/B/R averages (107/105/99) are similar to yours.

last year I did the dynamic warmup and I still had the same splits roughly before and after.

this year I’m usually just trying to find a few free minutes when not with the kids so I do a few stretches from the dynamic warmup plus a couple stretches I learned from Joey D golf. But not the whole warmup.

also the warmup i Did was their original warmup that did not include swinging any of your sticks. It was all stretches. . Their newer warmup you had to swing like 10 times with the red stick which seemed odd to me.

4/4/20
Green - 106
Blue - 101
Red - 97

4/18
Green - 105
Blue - 104
Red - 96

What is the difference on your before/after on the green clubs during the session?

I got some funny looks from my wife during my last session. I assume it’s because my swing speed was off the charts! Or because I was wearing a Flyers jersey, pajama pants, and golf spikes while swinging these things like a madman.

I’m just trying to make steady, balanced swings. On my lefty swings, I’m Ken Griffey Jr. I don’t have swing radar, I’m just going to use the SkyTrak ball speed as an indicator to see if I’m making gains. Is that a decent plan?

Their newer warmup you had to swing like 10 times with the red stick which seemed odd to me.
This part seems weird to me, too. I'll give it a few more tries with the red swings, but with my own driver swings (3 each with 2 drivers before and after the regular session), I'm pushing 70 all-out swings in a 15-20 period. Something's going to break one day!

I can tell already, though, that I was not making good enough use of my legs prior to this.

Driver speeds were slower after today's session than before. :confused2:

I need to get started with these. Haven’t even opened the box yet. I need a few extra hours in the day.

I've noticed from my limited sessions I just visualize I have the as stick in my hand on the course. Distance added to irons.

What is the difference on your before/after on the green clubs during the session?

this year I’ve only been recording my fastest swing with each stick. So nothing to compare.

Last year I recorded every swing and my green Avg at the beginning of the session was 103. At the end it was 105.

I think part of the reason that I swing the sticks quicker than my driver is my wrists get really active with the sticks. With my normal club swing not so much. Never could control my shots with the added wrist action.

one thing I tried the other day though with driver is trying to get my hands higher (or away from my head as much as I could) at the top of the backswing. My driver speeds went from 90-92 with my normal swing to 95-103. this was without a warmup or doing the sticks. So I might be onto something. Also I choked way down to 43” and still got up over 100 mph which surprised me. Want to try the high hands at the range to see if it works.

I’m worried I might be reverse pivoting though.

Took a chance on an auction today for a speed radar unit that may or may not work. It came with an SC200 that may or may not work. Hopefully I’ll be recording swing speeds soon!

this year I’ve only been recording my fastest swing with each stick. So nothing to compare.

Last year I recorded every swing and my green Avg at the beginning of the session was 103. At the end it was 105.

I think part of the reason that I swing the sticks quicker than my driver is my wrists get really active with the sticks. With my normal club swing not so much. Never could control my shots with the added wrist action.

one thing I tried the other day though with driver is trying to get my hands higher (or away from my head as much as I could) at the top of the backswing. My driver speeds went from 90-92 with my normal swing to 95-103. this was without a warmup or doing the sticks. So I might be onto something. Also I choked way down to 43” and still got up over 100 mph which surprised me. Want to try the high hands at the range to see if it works.

I’m worried I might be reverse pivoting though.
I think is really important to record your green before/after for each session. I'd like to see A LOT more difference in the starting green sticks and your afters in each session. Mine I see a 10mph+ difference in mine, granted I'm swinging a bit faster.

Here are mine (I'm a data junkie!)

1587514416911.png

The more data you have, the more encouragement you have to beat it!

Back