Once travel restrictions are lifted I’d like to bring my wife out to Philadelphia. I visited with work to attend a conference and loved the place and the history. Although it was weird in the American revolution museum sat watching Washington’s tent being revealed as a Brit and all around clapping and me just wanting the earth to swallow me up 🤣🤣🤣.
Philadelphia is a beautiful city. We get a bad rap. So many great things to see, awesome food, incredibly nice people. Great place to visit for an extended weekend with the wife.

I wonder how swamped places will be on Friday? I bet they will be mobbed!

Finally got out for 9 holes. I played exactly how I thought I would...crappy. driver was fine but everything else kinda sucked.

We played Bella vista. Course was in terrible shape. Greens were still aerated....rough was deep. I don't mind some rough but I dont want to play the masters type rough. My brother lost 4 balls in the rough. Unless you stepped on them you were screwed.

Here's my crappy score card...sorry hard to take a pic of the screen

20200504_175637.jpg

the first hole was my day. Drive in fairway...lay up 2nd in good shape (par 5 with water before the green) mishit my 3rd...fluff my chip...2 putt double bogey

Finally got out for 9 holes. I played exactly how I thought I would...crappy. driver was fine but everything else kinda sucked.

We played Bella vista. Course was in terrible shape. Greens were still aerated....rough was deep. I don't mind some rough but I dont want to play the masters type rough. My brother lost 4 balls in the rough. Unless you stepped on them you were screwed.

Here's my crappy score card...sorry hard to take a pic of the screen

View attachment 8941200

Was it in bad shape? We were supposed to play there a couple weeks ago in a scramble but the courses weren’t open yet. Now I’m kind of glad that we didn’t play if the course was in that bad of shape.

Was it in bad shape? We were supposed to play there a couple weeks ago in a scramble but the courses weren’t open yet. Now I’m kind of glad that we didn’t play if the course was in that bad of shape.
Bella vista is my favorite course around here but today it was bad. Have you ever played Gilbertsville gc or blackwood? It was in the same shape as those but cost twice as much

Bella vista is my favorite course around here but today it was bad. Have you ever played Gilbertsville gc or blackwood? It was in the same shape as those but cost twice as much

I’ve played Gilbertsville before. Glad I got my $100 greens fee back if that’s what the conditions were like.

Over here in SJ as well. Played both BV and RC. Plenty of good golf in this area. Id be in for a little outing.

Headed out to Bella tomorrow. Hopefully it will be in better shape by now.

Headed out to Bella tomorrow. Hopefully it will be in better shape by now.
Post back how things are.

Playing Hickory Valley on Sunday.

Getting a Saturday round in at Royal Oaks in Lebanon. Played my previous round last week at Iron Valley in Lebanon.

Just got back from Bella. Course is in OK shape. Fairways are nice, tees are a little rough on the par 3’s. Greens are hit or miss, I would say they need another week or two before they start rolling nice.

Royal Oaks was in the best shape of the four courses I’ve played so far this year in Central PA.

Played hickory valley (ambassador) side. Course was in good shape...i sucked...but course was nice.

Really liking the 1 man golf carts. Definitely makes the round go faster. Our 4-some played under 4 hours. And not one of us shot under 90...lol

Playing my first PA round west of the Susquehanna in over a decade. Armitage Golf Club tomorrow afternoon!

Playing my first PA round west of the Susquehanna in over a decade. Armitage Golf Club tomorrow afternoon!
No need to play Armitage again unless I’m trying to squeeze in a quick round since it’s only 5 minutes from my office. Course was in decent shape and rough was crazy thick, but there’s no creativity. Every hole is dead straight.
7AD468ED-8F81-4ACA-AE37-868AACFD15B2.png

Played Philmont recently. Enjoyed it. Nice course. Friendly staff and paired up with some cool members. Greens were still growing in so a little bouncy. 3 weeks and course will be in its prime imo.

Took some snaps...

Last edited:
Playing back East this weekend at Brookside Country Club!

Playing back East this weekend at Brookside Country Club!
I virtually live by Brookside CC. Please posts your thoughts as they have some great specials to join I know some have considered. From the road it’s doesn’t look anything special.

I virtually live by Brookside CC. Please posts your thoughts as they have some great specials to join I know some have considered. From the road it’s doesn’t look anything special.
Just to clarify, it’s the one in Macungie. I grew up playing the one in Macungie, but I’ve never played the one in Pottstown. Always made me laugh that there were two clubs so close to each other with the same name.

Just to clarify, it’s the one in Macungie. I grew up playing the one in Macungie, but I’ve never played the one in Pottstown. Always made me laugh that there were two clubs so close to each other with the same name.
Gotcha. Didn’t know there was two.

Broad Run...anyone have any info/suggestions/comments. Both in general and now during this time period with everything going on.

I’m right by there too. They are having a “Red Zone” membership now that has some great deals. If I had the cash I would do it. Either there or Bellewood which is also right around the corner from me.

played blackwood the other day. course was actually in decent shape for blackwood.

i don't know what it is but man i suck right now. my driver is all over the place. i usually hit a nice fade that i can count on but right now i am pulling it and slicing it. putting sucks....chipping sucks....UUGGHH

Back