I used to really enjoy premium Bourbons and Scotches when I was young and could scarcely afford them.

Now, amber spirits get to my stomach and I must stick with clear ones.

Still like the bouquet of a good whiskey, though.

I used to really enjoy premium Bourbons and Scotches when I was young and could scarcely afford them.

Now, amber spirits get to my stomach and I must stick with clear ones.

Still like the bouquet of a good whiskey, though.

Thats me and gin. Although my particular issue involved a very long deployment, high temperatures, a camelbak, tang, and LOTS of gin.... thats a story for another time lol

Picked up a Buffalo Trace bottle today.

Tried two new ones tonight. Angel Envy and Four Roses Single Barrel. Much prefer the Four Roses.

I will be having the same here in about 10 minutes in honor of what should’ve been the 146th running of the Kentucky Derby here in Louisville, Ky.
Oh man, I didn't even realize that was supposed to be today. :(

macallan-2018-72-years-old-in-lalique-genesis-decanter-box-open-drawer-open-angle-1280x640.jpg

At that age, that Macallan probably just tastes like straight wood haha

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried any of the Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea? A friend told me about it and said it has a salty & sweet taste. The description of it is crazy: "Jefferson’s Ocean Aged at Sea, now bottled at 112 proof cask strength. Fully matured Kentucky bourbon was put it on a ship and sent around the world. It crossed the equator four times, stopped at over five different continents and truly is a bourbon of the world."Screenshot_20200504-223241_Chrome.jpg

Has anyone tried any of the Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea? A friend told me about it and said it has a salty & sweet taste. The description of it is crazy: "Jefferson’s Ocean Aged at Sea, now bottled at 112 proof cask strength. Fully matured Kentucky bourbon was put it on a ship and sent around the world. It crossed the equator four times, stopped at over five different continents and truly is a bourbon of the world."View attachment 8941241
I have not, but I will be curious to hear any feedback as well. Salty and sweet describes my favorite Scotches I've had - that maritime environment really affects the flavor of the coastal distilleries (Talisker in particular comes to mind).

Has anyone tried any of the Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea? A friend told me about it and said it has a salty & sweet taste. The description of it is crazy: "Jefferson’s Ocean Aged at Sea, now bottled at 112 proof cask strength. Fully matured Kentucky bourbon was put it on a ship and sent around the world. It crossed the equator four times, stopped at over five different continents and truly is a bourbon of the world."View attachment 8941241
They've done various batches (voyages) of them. We have a bottle of a wheated bourbon recipe they did like this. I don't know if it honestly adds much to the flavor or not. It's not like these barrels are out sitting on the deck getting fresh ocean spray on them. They are probably on giant cargo ships that don't even cause the bourbon to roll around that much. I think a big chunk of it is a marketing ploy but Jefferson's makes good bourbon regardless so it if you like regular Jefferson's Reserve I think you'll like these.

Last edited:
I have not, but I will be curious to hear any feedback as well. Salty and sweet describes my favorite Scotches I've had - that maritime environment really affects the flavor of the coastal distilleries (Talisker in particular comes to mind).

Arran also comes to mind when taking about the coastal or island regions.

Calling @JonD

Back