redbreast-12-year-old-1.jpg

Big decision to make in the next 90 minutes or so. I'll be cracking this baby open tonight and am trying to decide should I play some Irish golf courses on GC 19 or watch the Duke on the Quiet Man. Decisions, decisions!!! :laughing:

Last edited:
Enjoyed a pour of Elijah Craig tonight with one ice cube. Been drinking different bottles lately and was nice to get back into this one again.

While on our weekly Costco lockdown run I took the opportunity to finally pick up a bottle of Suntory whiskey. I haven’t tried it yet though.
ca71bd1b7d571b7b99eadcb58e331a60.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been on a Balvenie Caribbean Cask kick for a couple months. I really like the Rum Cask Single Malts and this one is fantastic. I'm on my second bottle and about to grab a third while you can still get it.Caribbean-Cask-14-Year-Lifestyle-Image.jpg

I have been on a Balvenie Caribbean Cask kick for a couple months. I really like the Rum Cask Single Malts and this one is fantastic. I'm on my second bottle and about to grab a third while you can still get it.View attachment 8935799
I've never tried the Caribbean cask yet. How are the flavor notes? Sounds like it's worth trying out!!

It's very smooth and I get a taste of the rum cask on the finish with a hint of spicy fruit. I love Oban 14 and this reminds me of that but with an extra smoothness from the Rum Cask, and I am not a rum fan unless it is in a Mai Tai in Hawaii.

Last edited:
It's very smooth and I get a taste of the rum cask on the finish with a hint of spicy fruit. I love Oban 14 and this reminds me of that but with an extra smoothness from the Rum Cask, and I am not a rum fan unless it is in a Mai Tai in Hawaii.

Got a bottle of Oban 18 setting up in the whisky cabinet just asking to be opened. Have been holding off for special occasion though. alc.gif

I just read about the concept of an infinity bottle. Basically, you make your own blend with remnants of bourbons you liked. Start with one that has 1 or 2 ounces left. Then, you add to it with a different bottle that has 1 or 2 ounces left in it. Then, keep doing it. Make your own blend! Interesting!

I've started one, watched several YouTubes on the topic, so I'm basically an expert. Going to track what's in there, try to hold off on trying it until it's full.
thanks for the idea. 👊

IMG_20200411_191508.jpg

5 2oz pours so far. Sticking with boubons first run through.

Last edited:
15867446471544323391102508742905.jpg

Tonight's pour is my favorite whisky.

I was starting to get a little low on AA juice. So went to the local refreshment emporium and picked up some AA juice, will be sampling the Scapa Skiren tonight. alc.gif

20200418_153234.jpg

15872573805342622194957791493120.jpg

Cigar malt. Yummy in my tummy

Sipped on some of the small pot Irishman whiskey tonight

Interesting. Colab making whisky from shiner Bock recipe. Will try.
Cannot wait to give them my $42 for a bottle....checking availability now....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I picked this up today, I've never heard of it before. Aged 15 years. 20200420_150127.jpg

That sounds good.. I'll have to keep an eye out for it
I asked...it will be available in my area (Dallas / Fort Worth) by early May.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Found Buffalo Trace at a small liquor store last weekend after turkey hunting.

Back