Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

I am absolutely loving these things. The T200s hit so nice and the descent angle is insane considering the distance. In my round today, I was lucky as there was almost nobody else around. I played solo and other than 1 4 some I played through, didn't see anyone else ahead of me. Almost like i had the course to myself.

On the Par 3 17th, the flag was in the bag at 202 from the whites. Wind was was into my face at an angle left to right maybe 10-15 mph. Gusts up to 20. Was a pretty windy day. In a no wind scenario, this is 5 iron all day with the goal to land it 198-200 or so and stay beneath the flag. With the wind in my face, I decided to go up to a 4 iron and choke down and hit a lower flighted shot in with a full swing. That resulted in me flying the green by 5 yards.

Ok. Didn't think that would happen considering it was still decently high. So I decide to hit another 4 iron only just it hit normal height and let hte wind push it back a bit. Nice easy swing and boom. 4 yards over the green. ......what the hell. Is it really a 5 iron with the wind?

So I take out the 5 iron and hit another full 5 iron. Same little fade as the other shots and boom. hits on the back fringe and one hops. Uhhhh....did I just fly a 5 iron into the wind 205 yards? Is this really a 6 iron shot?

Since there was nobody around, out came ball number 4 and the 6 iron. Full swing, full height, same little fade. Hits 6 feet short of pin high and left me about 16 feet for the putt. I flew that thing 196 yards and spun it back 2 feet.

See the picture below. 2 balls to the right ( one under the tree, one on the uphill) are the 4 irons, 5 iron is off the back, 6 iron is on the green. Tee box is the left of the picture. Crazy how good these things hit.

View attachment 8940233

they’re a whole lot of fun!

I’ve had my T100’s now since late last year and I wouldn’t change them for anything. Sure I can hit them crap when I want to LOL, but the performance I get from such a great looking iron is amazing.

I’ve had my T100’s now since late last year and I wouldn’t change them for anything. Sure I can hit them crap when I want to LOL, but the performance I get from such a great looking iron is amazing.
I agree, T100 is the perfect players iron in my opinion. Great turf interaction, super forgiving for there size and available in stronger lofts if you need more distance. Plus I think they just look cool :)

Played a round today, had a great ball striking day. Shot a cool 76 from 7200 yards. I love love love the consistency of these irons. When you go out and know how far each club is going to go it just provides a lot of confidence. I really can’t see these irons going away for a long long time. If you haven’t tried the T series irons you really need to give them a shot!

Played 27 today with a huge Titleist fan. He plays AP2s. We've played 3 or 4 rounds together this year and he's very intrigued by T Series irons. My iron play is waaay better than last year and he's convinced it's the clubs. Yeah, that's a big part of the story!

Favorite shot of the day. 211 yards to the pin for my 3rd shot on a par 5 after chipping out of the trees. The narrow green is protected by water left and deep. Two bunkers protect the right side. A long iron into this green is risky. Let's go for it. I hit my T200 4 iron to 2 feet left of the pin. Tap in birdie! Sweet.

Quick side story about my buddy. He has/had a TM M2 driver. We played yesterday and we're getting ready for our second shots on #1 fairway. A young staff member rolls up with a TS 3 driver. He hands it to my buddy. What's going on? Buddy says he told the pro he wants to test a new driver and provided his specs about 10 minutes before teeing off. The pro built the club from their fitting cart and sent it out. I can't believe the yardage difference. We finished near dark so my buddy took the club home because most of the staff was gone. No problem, we're playing on Friday (today) too.

The pro stops by about halfway through our round and jokes about the missing TS 3 driver. My buddy said; I'll take one but I'm keeping this one until the new club arrives. Sold!!!!

Wind is the hardest element to play in and we had plenty of it today. Yikes, it was a rough out there. As I've mentioned previously in this thread, the T200 4 iron is very versatile and today's round provided a couple of good examples.
1. 208 yards out and heading downwind. Nice contact. Ball lands in front of the green and rolls over by at least 10 yards.
2. 165 yard par 3. Hit an above average shot and the ball lands on the green. We normally hit 8 irons on this hole.

Super windy day here today. The t100s also are very easy to manipulate flight with. Low spin knock downs into the wind or launch them high down wind and watch them sail.

Anyone compare 718 AP2 to T100's? I may or may not have a set inbound

Anyone compare 718 AP2 to T100's? I may or may not have a set inbound

I have had both. T100 are smaller heel to toe with a thinner topline. Distance is about the same.Depending on your miss each has there strengths. I think with the sole in the t100s they are more forgiving low. If your living on the toe, (neither is bad for the the category) but advantage ap2. At least that was my take on the two.

I have had both. T100 are smaller heel to toe with a thinner topline. Distance is about the same.Depending on your miss each has there strengths. I think with the sole in the t100s they are more forgiving low. If your living on the toe, (neither is bad for the the category) but advantage ap2. At least that was my take on the two.

That's good to hear. I have some 718 TMB's 4-5 and AP2'S in 6-P on the way

That's good to hear. I have some 718 TMB's 4-5 and AP2'S in 6-P on the way

that will be a fun set! My old set was 4 tmb the 5-gw I the 718 ap2. Would still be playing them just got into the event. You will enjoy that combo.

Been thinking about recoils in the t100s lately.. anyone have that combo? Never tried graphite before

Been thinking about recoils in the t100s lately.. anyone have that combo? Never tried graphite before
I'm moving to a T200/Recoil combo after the golf shops reopen.

Is the T MB forgiveness comparable to any of the T series?

i think the tmb probably fit in between the t100 and t200 in my opinion. Probably a higher launching slightly more then the t100 but a little smaller then the t200

I picked up a set of barely used T100 irons a week ago and absolutely love them. I had the specs checked and they were a little flat and a little long but I was hitting them well in the sim bay so I bought them. I played them a couple of times and spent a little range time with them so far and they glide through the turf like a hot butter knife and sound fantastic. I am going to keep playing them as is for a while, I thing the slightly flat lie may be perfect for me but can easily be changed if I decide to do so. As they set up right now they give me the distance of my AP3's but with MUCH better feel.

I picked up a set of barely used T100 irons a week ago and absolutely love them. I had the specs checked and they were a little flat and a little long but I was hitting them well in the sim bay so I bought them. I played them a couple of times and spent a little range time with them so far and they glide through the turf like a hot butter knife and sound fantastic. I am going to keep playing them as is for a while, I thing the slightly flat lie may be perfect for me but can easily be changed if I decide to do so. As they set up right now they give me the distance of my AP3's but with MUCH better feel.

turf interaction is second to none with these, glad you’re hitting them well! Let us know us what you think after a few rounds!

Feel bad for my buddy (not really). We typically play until dark on Fridays. He's a Team Titleist guy from head to toe and uses all their products including; clubs, balls, bag, shoes, polos, umbrella, marker pen, etc., etc. I converted to Titleist at the THP Ultimate Club Challenge with T Series irons in October 2019. I've almost cut my handicap in half since the event and much of the credit goes to my iron play. FWIW, I worked hard on my swing too.

Anyway, I've been living rent free in his head lately. His game is flat and he has serious envy about my "new" iron skills. He recently bought a lesson package. Tonight he said he's been looking around for T200 irons. :)

78 last night and 82, with a triple & double, tonight. The drive for 5 (index) is alive!

There was a Titleist Thursday event at the course this week. Hope it's a sign Covid-19 is fading and we're drawing back to normal. I'd like to attend a future Titleist Thursday for a wedge fitting. Pondering 52* and 56* and need to figure out grind/bounce.

M gring
Feel bad for my buddy (not really). We typically play until dark on Fridays. He's a Team Titleist guy from head to toe and uses all their products including; clubs, balls, bag, shoes, polos, umbrella, marker pen, etc., etc. I converted to Titleist at the THP Ultimate Club Challenge with T Series irons in October 2019. I've almost cut my handicap in half since the event and much of the credit goes to my iron play. FWIW, I worked hard on my swing too.

Anyway, I've been living rent free in his head lately. His game is flat and he has serious envy about my "new" iron skills. He recently bought a lesson package. Tonight he said he's been looking around for T200 irons. :)

78 last night and 82, with a triple & double, tonight. The drive for 5 (index) is alive!

There was a Titleist Thursday event at the course this week. Hope it's a sign Covid-19 is fading and we're drawing back to normal. I'd like to attend a future Titleist Thursday for a wedge fitting. Pondering 52* and 56* and need to figure out grind/bounce.
m grind is amazing, also good playing and yes the irons are fantastic!

M gring

m grind is amazing, also good playing and yes the irons are fantastic!
Thanks for the suggestion. The Vokey selector tool recommends 52* F grind and 56* S grind. Hitting balls off the turf is a huge plus for Titleist Thursday events.

Thanks for the suggestion. The Vokey selector tool recommends 52* F grind and 56* S grind. Hitting balls off the turf is a huge plus for Titleist Thursday events.

TItleist Thursday’s are fantastic! S grind is a great grind, I have an F grind in my 54 and it’s just a little too much sole for my liking. But I’m sure it’s great for those it fits! Maybe it will be the combo of the T-200 ans new vokeys that get you to a 5!

This release's thread has quite a bit less activity than the 718s. I thought that would be the opposite as the t-release is a big change for the line. I had 718 AP1s for a while, buy they didn't end up working out for me.

The Titleist Thursdays are fantastic, it doesn't get much better than hitting off real grass with a Trackman.

Dave

This release's thread has quite a bit less activity than the 718s. I thought that would be the opposite as the t-release is a big change for the line. I had 718 AP1s for a while, buy they didn't end up working out for me.

The Titleist Thursdays are fantastic, it doesn't get much better than hitting off real grass with a Trackman.

Dave

I know in my neck of the woods there has been a whole lot more t series irons sold then the ap series of last, (according to our pro and TItleist rep) but the AP series were no slouches themselves either. TItleist Thursday’s are fantastic and yes it doesn’t get any better!

Played our weekly wolf game. Had 4 birdies and 1 double for a 74. Super comfortable with these irons. You just know exactly what’s going to happen when you hit the ball.

Anyone gaming the T100S? What say you?

Never owned Titleist irons before....they intrigue me.

Back