Are you ready and/or willing to get on an airplane?

Are you ready/willing to fly again?

• Of course, why wouldn't I get on an airplane?

Votes: 36 38.7%
  • Yes, as long as I have an empty seat next to me and a mask

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • Maybe, but I'm going to wait a while longer

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Probably won't fly for the remainder of the year

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
As an airline employee, of course, my livelihood relies on filling up airplanes and flying people across the country. As things spool back up, I was just curious what the general feeling was of THPers, and whether you had concerns about getting on an airplane in the near future.

This poll isn't based on whether you HAVE somewhere to go, but rather WOULD you be comfortable flying.

What are your thoughts?

I would prefer to wait a bit but I’m not sure I will get to choose when I get on a flight next.

I have every intent to make my flight to Tahoe in August for the golf outing. But I’m not scheduling any other flights till next summer.

yup.

I have absolutely no fear of flying right now. However, with so much closed I don’t have anywhere to go. Hoping to vacation in August and then, if NFL opens on time, in Vegas for fantasy football drafting.

Last edited:
I'd feel better with open buffer seat

Have no issues with hopping on a plane right now if I had someplace to go, but alas I do not.

I’m in the wait a bit camp.

There’s no better time to fly than now. Airports are cleaner than they’ve ever been. Queues are virtually non existent. And with flights so low, you’ll almost certainly get a row to yourself, maybe even a cabin. I’d have no hesitation in flying at the moment.

Yeah I would... still taking precautions and such of course but if I had a trip somewhere (and the destination were open and I could actually go do some things) yeah I'd be on the plane

There’s no better time to fly than now. Airports are cleaner than they’ve ever been. Queues are virtually non existent. And with flights so low, you’ll almost certainly get a row to yourself, maybe even a cabin. I’d have no hesitation in flying at the moment.
Good point but being home and limiting public spaces is still better . Taking precautions and if businesses are still saying restrict flights probably means something.

Any recent flight photos?

Good point but being home and limiting public spaces is still better . Taking precautions and if businesses are still saying restrict flights probably means something.

Any recent flight photos?
I couldn’t argue with that. I think anytime you leave the house at the moment, you take a risk. I want to see air travel pick up ASAP, but thankfully, with the CARES act money we received, I should be ok job wise, but it’s a worrying time for the industry. Not much to take photos of at the minute unfortunately.

Wouldn’t bother me at all & was really looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping to take advantage of cheap flights, but my wife isn’t as comfortable with it so I don’t currently have any plans to fly until August at the earliest.

Im in the unless something really important comes up....I will not be flying this year. Maybe by Christmas. but that depends on what antibodies actually do and if a likely vaccine is closer to reality.

Personally not comfortable, the areas between leaving your car to the big metal cigar, how can they honestly say it’s clean?
Masks etc don’t guarantee anything & as no one has a definitive answer for how long it stays on a surface, who could be or is asymptomatic is it worth the risk? (Childhood asthma has induced anxiety attacks for me during this whole thing)

Im in the unless something really important comes up....I will not be flying this year. Maybe by Christmas. but that depends on what antibodies actually do and if a likely vaccine is closer to reality.

I think 2020 is a travel write off, hopefully we can start again next year

Tough for me & my family, transplanted kiwi with global friends & family, wife the same. Travel is what feeds the soul, and family being half a globe away is tough

Yep, though I’d prefer to have an empty seat beside. Lol but then again, that’s what I’d always want.

Yep, though I’d prefer to have an empty seat beside. Lol but then again, that’s what I’d always want.

I remember the days when I had the whole row on the overnight from Hawaii home, that ain’t happening anytime soon

I remember the days when I had the whole row on the overnight from Hawaii home, that ain’t happening anytime soon

That would be fantastic. Last time I was on an overnight flight, I was in a middle seat and stayed wide awake until we got to our hotel room in Auckland. My wife slept like a baby.

I'd fly if I had a good reason to.

This whole thing hasn't changed my attitude toward flying much - I don't like it, don't do it unless I have a really good reason, and have always thought of airplanes as a giant petri dish. Right now is probably the best time to do it because it's not as crowded and the airlines are (presumably/hopefully) being hyper-vigilant about sanitation.

Wait longer -- Would like places to open up, see what happens, guaranteed an open buffer seat and get my window seat.

I'd happily jump on a plane. Already had two golf holidays cancelled this year, so I'm ready to jump on a plane for some golf in the sun the second things open up again. Whether any of the resorts are open is another story though. Of course I'd prefer to have an entire empty row to myself, but that's just how I'd prefer to fly all the time anyway!

Back