Will You Travel For Golf This Year?

I’ll be driving from PA to NJ, but not sure that counts. Planning to have a group outing in Central PA around a Penn State football game 🤞 and hopefully flying or driving to NC for a week later this year, which will include much golf!

where in N.C. will you be? We have THP’ers in the Raleigh area, Charlotte area and of course @J.B. Cobb IIIAt the beach in Wilmington

I hope so. Looking at a Vegas trip in October that would include golf.

where in N.C. will you be? We have THP’ers in the Raleigh area, Charlotte area and of course @J.B. Cobb IIIAt the beach in Wilmington
I’ll hopefully be in Ocean Isle Beach. Trying to get down there at least once a year now that I’m back on the east coast.

As my name implies, I move around and play all over. Have 2 trips set up in US which will take place for sure. One was to be in Myrtle but most of guys coming from CT and will not fly so we are going to Atlantic City area...Also have a trip planned for central NJ playing some top privates. Have a trip set up for St Andrews in August with apt rented par 4 from Old but the restrictions warrant the trip undoable right now....we are waiting to see if we can geterdone but candidly at best it is a coin toss. The 8 of us want to go 100% but we may not be granted that ability.

By car for sure, by plane to Utah I hope!!!!

Just got back from my annual golf trip, it was by car so not a big deal. Would be open to travel by plane though.

Had a trip planned to Bandon Dunes and Chambers Bay that got cancelled as both were closed during pandemic. Since then the wife and i have replaced A/C, painted house, got roll out shelves in cabinets, added more insulation, and had ducts cleaned. I don't think she wants there to be a golf budget for me to travel.

I guess I will have to travel through AZ in the AZ THP League.

For the last couple of years we've gone on a 2 week getaway to Antigua, which always included a few rounds of golf (and a good supply of Cuban cigars and Rum). We go with my brother in law and his wife, who own a gorgeous beachfront home.
This year we opted out, but maybe we'll go next year if all this mess is over.

Not for golf specifically. I used the Play Away program a lot last year but I have not been able to use it in 2020. I attended an awesome event in 2018 at the Ben Hogan Iron Experience and then the greatest event in golf at the 2019 Grandaddy so I will wait for a while to enjoy and review the gear I received there. I hope things are somewhat back to normal in 2021.

no, but not because of covid. it's a big year for my wife and me. 15 years of marriage, she turns 40. but she wants to put off any big trips to celebrate because of covid. I would feel like a giant turd if I said, "I know we aren't going anywhere to celebrate together, but I'm going on a golf trip without you. McLovin out!"

Do that and there'll be no lovin McLovin.

I may drive somewhere to play but I'm pretty much out on flying this year. It would have to be something pretty special to get me on a plane.

I really would like to but I think probably isn’t in the cards this year

If I do it’s either driving to my parents up north for a long weekend or we’ll drive to a central spot and have a mini vacay that way. Unless something drastically changes, no planes for me but that was already in the cards this year.

Will be going to Phoenix for a 4 day guy golf trip at the end of September and then depending on the Covid in Mexico, will be going to Cabo to golf around Thanksgiving.

I don't know, @JB . Will I?

Had to cancel our main golf trip (Ireland) for this year already, so doubt I'll be traveling anywhere that requires a plane, but will certainly be driving to some neighboring states for golf and playing while I'm on vacation later this year.

No plans at the moment but I would given the right opportunity.

hopefully not me, hottest I've ever been was in Dallas in mid August, and I was used to what I thought was hot in MO with high humidity; no comparison
I think Dallas can be a little worse than Austin but either way Texas in July-September is hot. I'd try for sometime in October if possible. I don't mind playing golf in the heat because riding in carts gives you a chance to cool off a little from wind. I would think a golf school could be a little rough though.

At least once, but in state. If the rioting/looting stops and states end the Coronavirus nonsense I'll probably go to Chicago at some point this year and will play a ClubCorp course or two while there. I'd also like a beach trip to Florida and would play there, but that is also dependant upon the same issues.

I think Dallas can be a little worse than Austin but either way Texas in July-September is hot. I'd try for sometime in October if possible. I don't mind playing golf in the heat because riding in carts gives you a chance to cool off a little from wind. I would think a golf school could be a little rough though.
The idea was to prepare myself for a great year with descending Handicaps from my March school. Now, I'm not sure if I should put that off until next March or try to do late this month.

Do that and there'll be no lovin McLovin.

I may drive somewhere to play but I'm pretty much out on flying this year. It would have to be something pretty special to get me on a plane.

name change to shovin mclovin

I don't have any planned, but the reason has nothing to do with C19 or anything in the news today.

Back