JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The LPGA is back in action and we wanted to discuss whether or not our readers and forum members watch. There is no right or wrong answer, but give us your thoughts below.

Sports for many is the connection with athletes that do what appears to be impossible. While professional golfers of all tours are playing a “different game” than most amateurs, often times, the LPGA lacks the same kind of passion (by fans) and of course coverage.

Do you watch? If so, why? If not, why not?

maxresdefault-1024x576.jpg

Continue reading...

I watch from time to time. I won't watch it to replace the PGA tour, but I still watch it. I enjoy comparing, watching the differences between LPGA and PGA. I know they don't hit it as long as the PGA but.....The straightness, accuracy and putting capabilities of the LPGA is amazing to me.

My daughter & I will watch the LPGA every now & then. Just another way of me trying to fuel her excitement for the game of golf.

I watch every now and again and would watch an LPGA event ahead of a Champions Tour event these days.

I'll watch it from time to time. There isn't any particular reason. I don't watch enough to know who the good players are or have a favorite player. I think if I followed enough, I'd find a favorite and would have that to draw me in. I do enjoy seeing the short game prowess on display.

I try to watch every chance I get. I am a big fan of ladies golf and I love watching them play

If the PGA Tour is not on I watch the LPGA.

I've always watched the LPGA. Not only because there are some beautiful women on the Tour :sneaky:, but simply because their swings are simple, slow & easy. That makes it much easier to watch & get tips. :golf2:

I watch an occasional LPGA event if it's televised. It's nice seeing someone drive the ball closer to my abilities. My game will never be anywhere near as good as theirs but they're closer to being human to me.

There's more accuracy involved and less bomb and gouge.

I probably watch more lpga golf than pga golf, when it's available. Not much more, but a little.

That said, I don't watch much tv golf as it is. . I'm one of those "golf should be played, not watched" radicals.

I watch as often as I can, helps that the mrs plays just as much golf as I do. regardless, I enjoy watching any golf to be honest.

I really enjoy watching the LPGA, especially the major events. I would watch more often if the tournaments weren't on at the same time as the mens coverage.

Slightly off topic but I would LOVE to see a couple tournaments a year with players from both the LPGA and PGA competing together. An individual tournament playing from mens and womens tees would be cool but I would really love to see a Ryder Cup type event with combined mens and womens teams.

I do. I actually enjoy any and every type of golf. It drives my wife nuts, but I'd watch it all day every day if I could.

I enjoy watching the LPGA. There swings are so easy and pure. I think the pandemic has been harder on the womens tour than the mens tour. Im not seeing as many stars probably due to travel restrictions.

I watch the ladies often. They play golf I can relate to.

no. i don’t really find the players or storylines very compelling. and i enjoy watching the men do super human things that very few of the ladies can replicate. the only women’s golf i get excited about is the ncaa tournament.

I watch golf. So, yes I'll watch the LPGA if it's on at a time that I want to watch golf. Same as with any golf including the PGA Tour.

I have attended a Symetra Tour Tournament on several occasions. It's amazing to see these women play. While not generally very long, they are very accurate and they hit their long clubs very well.

I watch every LPGA event and have for years. Probably started because of meeting several players and caddying for a couple of players when the Symetra tour came to my home town. When those players moved onto the LPGA it gave me a rooting interest.

Both my wife and I try to watch the few LPGA events that are televised. The distances they hit are closer to us mere mortals vs the men and their short game is excellent.

If its not opposite live PGA Tour golf, yes.

Not as much as I'd like to, since Spectrum pushed Golf Channel up a tier years ago. Their game is so much more relatable.

I sure do watch the LPGA. Not as much as the men, but I do watch it.

I watch and record the LPGA. When I watch I'm usually looking at their course management, something I need to improve. When I watch the recorded version I will slow down their swings to look for things I can imitate, especially on their fairway and bunker shots.

I don't

Back