Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

He can't even order them?
He would, but who's going to come to a place that doesn't sell Srixons to put in their Srixon order? The whole exchange is driving me crazy. After I got over the shock I went full campaign speech on him about how good they are and how he needs to offer them to his customers, etc, but nope. History has told him they don't sell, so he won't sell them.

He would, but who's going to come to a place that doesn't sell Srixons to put in their Srixon order? The whole exchange is driving me crazy. After I got over the shock I went full campaign speech on him about how good they are and how he needs to offer them to his customers, etc, but nope. History has told him they don't sell, so he won't sell them.

Cant imagine why retail is struggling haha.

Does he sell the balls? Cleveland wedges?

I understand some stores can’t have every brand. I get it, but I think more can be done as golfers get more educated.

With that said these are not out yet and not coming imminently so plenty of time to have his mind changed.

Cant imagine why retail is struggling haha.

Does he sell the balls? Cleveland wedges?

I understand some stores can’t have every brand. I get it, but I think more can be done as golfers get more educated.

With that said these are not out yet and not coming imminently so plenty of time to have his mind changed.
Seriously.

He does. Balls and cleveland wedges for sure. I don't think any drivers and absolutely no iron sets. And they have room for them. I mean financial space, but also actual space. There are empty iron displays.

I'll continue to work on them about it. I'm playing a round with their son soon, so he'll definitely hear about it. I'll be all about that educating. I just feel like people are being robbed of the opportunity. Just bring in a couple sets and let people hit them. They'll sell themselves.

Wowza!!!

They look ok.

Seriously.

He does. Balls and cleveland wedges for sure. I don't think any drivers and absolutely no iron sets. And they have room for them. I mean financial space, but also actual space. There are empty iron displays.

I'll continue to work on them about it. I'm playing a round with their son soon, so he'll definitely hear about it. I'll be all about that educating. I just feel like people are being robbed of the opportunity. Just bring in a couple sets and let people hit them. They'll sell themselves.
So he sees value in selling the brand by balls and wedges but absolute refusal in the irons. I get it, but lots of good brands out there and customers can’t try them without “trying them”

When I asked a golf store owner I've gotten to know pretty well here about them the other day, he told they won't get them in. Like, ever. Because 'Srixon's don't sell here'. I was completely speechless. Whole lot of people missing out on great things around here apparently.
I only have one place in St. Louis that carries them and they are way behind and custom fit is out of the question. We do have a CC here that carry them, but I have been able to order online and be ok because I kinda know what fits me.

Srixon doesn't get much love around here either in stores or fitting carts

I could maybe understand this in the wood line so far but with their irons it’s a real shame, the irons are top notch and from what I’ve seen are big sellers in the agnostic fitting studios.
I’m guessing Srixon has more 2019 inventory than Mizuno did to burn off but it sure seems Mizuno taking orders for the JPX 921s at the end of the month is a huge gut-punch to Srixon as they compete for the forged players and forged players distance/game improvement markets....

I’m guessing Srixon has more 2019 inventory than Mizuno did to burn off but it sure seems Mizuno taking orders for the JPX 921s at the end of the month is a huge gut-punch to Srixon as they compete for the forged players and forged players distance/game improvement markets....
I know they seem to have burnt thought the stock in the UK but in North America this seems the case which is a shame for Srixon. Also add in taylormade for the forged players.

So many amazing looking irons coming out. I might just buy one from each brand and play a fully mixed Iron Set

i would disagree with this. Just because one OEM is taking orders for a club and others aren’t doesn’t mean inventory issues or falling behind.

I’m sure all OEM’s have their own marketing plans laid out and will launch when it makes sense.

20_SX_ZX-Irons_Product-Manual_EU.pdf

These look incredible. Seem like the utility has really been slimmed up offset aligns with the Zx7 and is less than ZX5

Does anyone know when they are taking pre-orders?

These look incredible. Seem like the utility has really been slimmed up offset aligns with the Zx7 and is less than ZX5

The ZX585/Zx785 were released mid September 2018 but with the pandemic I haven’t heard a date. Europe is advertising mid September this year for sales of the ZX5/ZX7.

there hasn’t been anything concrete dropped in this thread, but there’s enough to suggest you don’t need to hold your breath. i’m thinking late september or even october. i’m excited to learn more about these.

I haven't seen anything for the US yet. Mid September for the UK.

How is the v sole? Is it "that good". Does it make that big of a difference with turf interaction?

How many combo sets of ZX5s and ZX7s are there going to be? :eek:
These are so pretty.

Saw a certain British golf club reviewer talking about these irons. They look amazing and it seems like blending sets will be way more mainstream than before!

Saw a certain British golf club reviewer talking about these irons. They look amazing and it seems like blending sets will be way more mainstream than before!
Can’t wait to see a review with numbers like TXG would do. Crossfield seemed to be a little luke warm on these, stating similar performance to the previous offerings. I was hoping for something much more enthusiastic.....

Can’t wait to see a review with numbers like TXG would do. Crossfield seemed to be a little luke warm on these, stating similar performance to the previous offerings. I was hoping for something much more enthusiastic.....

That's Mark for you. I don't watch him for his club reviews.
I just saw that he was talking about the irons and I wanted to get a better look at them.

these are pure.

I am enjoying the 765s i bought last year. These are going to be an instant hit and probably replicate the successes of 765s.

When I went to my local GG, when I was new to the game, I asked the fitter about Srixon. He gave me some hoopla story about balance and that he’d never fit anyone into them. Didn’t take long to figure out he wants to sell certain brands. He had me pegged for a certain iron before I ever took a swing. I returned em a week later and ordered my Apex after reading and getting a size fit elsewhere. I’m still wanting to try the Srixon irons and CC will let me try them during my fitting. Not sure if they will have the new models, I’m guessing not.

I was talking to a local shop about Srixon. He carries TM, Ping, Callaway, and Mizuno currently. He likes Srixon irons and would be interested in carrying them. He has similar interest with Cleveland wedges. But he has no interest in the rest of the Cleveland lineup. Less interest yet in XXIO. I don't know how Cleveland sets up retail relationships, but this brand split may be a big part of the reason why Srixon is limited in availability. Why not move the RTX wedges to Srixon? Roger Cleveland isn't even with them anymore; he's at Callaway.

Back