Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons

I was talking to a local shop about Srixon. He carries TM, Ping, Callaway, and Mizuno currently. He likes Srixon irons and would be interested in carrying them. He has similar interest with Cleveland wedges. But he has no interest in the rest of the Cleveland lineup. Less interest yet in XXIO. I don't know how Cleveland sets up retail relationships, but this brand split may be a big part of the reason why Srixon is limited in availability. Why not move the RTX wedges to Srixon? Roger Cleveland isn't even with them anymore; he's at Callaway.

Cleveland wedges are one of the biggest selling wedges in all of golf. Eliminating that with that type of brand equity would not be wise in my opinion.
Cleveland, Srixon, XXIO all make different lineups and full lines at that.

Cleveland wedges are one of the biggest selling wedges in all of golf. Eliminating that with that type of brand equity would not be wise in my opinion.
Cleveland, Srixon, XXIO all make different lineups and full lines at that.

Curious, how much market share does Cleveland have in irons and drivers? Current sales. I also wonder how much their wedges account for their overall sales. I rarely see their clubs. Now Cleveland wedges, I see regularly. The branding part is strong for the wedges, no doubt. Anyway, I am selfish in my thinking. I just want local access to Srixon irons for testing and fitting. I have hit a PGA pros Z785's (super impressed), but most people aren't going to do what I did and walk up to Paul and say: can I hit your irons?

Curious, how much market share does Cleveland have in irons and drivers? Current sales. I also wonder how much their wedges account for their overall sales. I rarely see their clubs. Now Cleveland wedges, I see regularly. The branding part is strong for the wedges, no doubt. Anyway, I am selfish in my thinking. I just want local access to Srixon irons for testing and fitting. I have hit a PGA pros Z785's (super impressed), but most people aren't going to do what I did and walk up to Paul and say: can I hit your irons?
No one I play with or know plays other than their wedges....

No one I play with or know plays other than their wedges....

Their hybrid irons lead the entire category in sales year after year.
Their CBX and UHX were some of the most underrated out there.

I think like many areas, looking around at a close knit group, doesnt paint an entire story of what sells and what doesn't. To use an example. Nobody at my club plays boxed sets. Yet tens of thousands of them are sold every single year.

I think like many areas, looking around at a close knit group, doesnt paint an entire story of what sells and what doesn't. To use an example. Nobody at my club plays boxed sets. Yet tens of thousands of them are sold every single year.
Not picking an argument JB but no one I play with or know plays hybrid irons. Wonder how large the segment is....

I know a few guys using the hybrid irons and I’ve met very few at my course as I tend to play the same time always.

Not picking an argument JB but no one I play with or know plays hybrid irons. Wonder how large the segment is....

Way larger than people believe. No argument, just discussion of course :)
To give you an idea, those hybrid irons they make outsold (of course sales) sold quite a few Mizuno sets in the busiest month of the year and were close overall for the last 12 months combined. Some other irons those hybrid irons outsold in June (last complete month). All of the Srixon irons. A number of PING sets, A few TItleist sets, all Wilson irons, Cobra SpeedZone, All PXG irons and a ton of others.

To give you an idea, those hybrid irons they make outsold (of course sales) sold quite a few Mizuno sets in the busiest month of the year and were close overall for the last 12 months combined. Some other irons those hybrid irons outsold in June (last complete month). All of the Srixon irons. A number of PING sets, A few TItleist sets, all Wilson irons, Cobra SpeedZone, All PXG irons and a ton of others.
That’s an eye opener....

Huh. Interesting getting more context from in-the-know you. I would never have never guessed how popular hybrid irons are. Never. How do they sound? ;)

Maybe it's an oxymoron to have hybrid irons that look "sexy" but yesterday I thought about it after debating to try out Turbo's in the long irons if having a set that looked more pleasing to the eye (subjective) would help with acceptance among "better players". The best player in our club plays hybrids up until 7i, and it's not because he can't hit it far instead purely a performance based decision. I mean we use ridiculous looking high MOI putters so why hasn't that caught on for irons?

I have seen quite a few Launcher sets in the wild. Usually guys who are older who want distance. Great fit for that demographic.

I am sad that these irons look to be released at the beginning of next year. However, that means that I will get about 2 years from my 585/785 set. I doubt these the ZX5 will be too different but I look forward to seeing how the next series will perform. When I purchase them, that will complete my all graphite set as well.

I am sad that these irons look to be released at the beginning of next year. However, that means that I will get about 2 years from my 585/785 set. I doubt these the ZX5 will be too different but I look forward to seeing how the next series will perform. When I purchase them, that will complete my all graphite set as well.
Sad here as well if they don’t release till next year - but makes me look forward even more to the embargo lifting on the JPX line to see just how good the new 921F is.......

A combo ZX5/ZX7 set keeps calling my name. Do I need a new set? No. But I have always wanted to play a set of Srixons and these look amazing. I keep coming back to look at them.

A combo ZX5/ZX7 set keeps calling my name. Do I need a new set? No. But I have always wanted to play a set of Srixons and these look amazing. I keep coming back to look at them.

Srixons are great. As a guy who had a set of z765 and 2 sets of z785, they make some solid irons and the v-sole is awesome.

I play the 785s now... (modus 120)
Was playing the the 765s (dg s300) up until about a month ago...

these break my heart... I am in love with my 785s...
because I’m such a srixon fanboy I’ll probably own them by next year...

I also own the 965s...
My wife doesn’t know about all these sets...

I wanted to come here and say, that I was very much wrong in my cover of the book initial judgement of these irons. They are way better than I thought.. It has long been held that the Z745s were the gold standard of srixon irons and think these have eclipsed them...

So consider it crow eaten..

I wanted to come here and say, that I was very much wrong in my cover of the book initial judgement of these irons. They are way better than I thought.. It has long been held that the Z745s were the gold standard of srixon irons and think these have eclipsed them...

Don’t you put that voodoo on me.

I agree with you

To order JPX921s or wait......that is the question.

well, it is super frustrating I tell you that. I have picked my next irons 4 times now in the past month... :mad:

But, one thing is for certain. I have never hit an iron with better turf interaction and than the z745s....till now..

Back