Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

These irons......😍😍😍😍

so good for me right now. My iron swing is as good as it’s ever been and I’ve unlocked some extra distance from these

Enjoyed these a lot yesterday. 1/4 GIR on par 3s but furthest shot was only a couple yards from the green with those pins being front as well. Was in between clubs a lot and decided to club up but hit 3/4 shots and my ball striking was much better, didn’t have many “oops” shots. Saving that strategy in the memory bank!!

Thank goodness for my Apex Pro AW. No matter how crappy my swing gets, this club always finds a way to throw darts. Over 36 holes on the weekend every single one of my approaches worth remembering came off the Pro 19 AW.

Apex AW is my next purchase. I’ve found I’m missing a gap between my PW & SW that I want to fill. I tend to be a full swing kinda guy so would score much better with this than weakening my PW swing.

Still love these irons with the elevate shaft - playing my best golf for years.

My Apex Pro's are like the steady girl you could always count on in high school. The difference being she looks like 90's Pamala Anderson. I have been struggling from the tee this year but these irons have been amazing and have kept my scores lower than I deserve. I have made a recent swing change and my driver was much improved during my last round. Working from unfamiliar territory "fairway" it surprised me how many greens I can hit.

There is a lot of love for the A wedge in this set and for good reason. When I go to the driving range its the first club I grab. The turf interaction and sound/feel is just perfect. I use this club a ton for chipping and pitching, I recently acquired a 50* MD5 Jaws to compete for a spot in the bag. I wanted to see if it would perform better around the green. I could not find any reason to go with a specialty wedge over the set wedge in this instance. I do not manipulate the face for either of these clubs so comparing them around the green it was a draw. On full swings the MD5 does not feel nearly as good and my distance control is better with the set wedge.

My set stops at 5 iron and that club has been great from the tee but hit and miss from the fairway or I should probably say the rest of the course haha. The six iron I am getting some swagger with but the 7-AW I feel as though I will hit the green every time I pull it from the bag. After the Grandaddy presentation I told my fitter I wanted the Mavrik Pro irons. We started there but my fitter quickly moved me into the Apex and we settled into the Pro's. I kind of wanted the cool factor of brand new unreleased irons but now I can see how well they fit me. I can guarantee these will be in my bag for a few more years.

After a range session earlier this week where I couldn't get the 4 iron into the air, I spent some time at the range at lunch just hitting 4 iron after a few warm up shots. I had been playing the ball too far back in my stance and I think that was causing the low ballflight. Played it a little bit more forward and I was able to elevate the ball again. Not as high as the short irons, but I can still improve there. Playing my gamer ball over the range rocks will help too.

108/126 GIR with my most recent Apex combo setup.

I mean, they're definitely not terrible. :LOL::LOL:

These irons have woken up for me. I’m really starting to connect with the swing changes I’m working on and I’m hitting crisp iron shots. I’m no longer afraid of my longer irons and I’m hitting my 8-pw clubs right at the number I need. Throw in the 2020 CSX and I’ve got some confidence right now.

Last edited:
These continue to shine in my bag, 5 GIRs with 4 of them being on par 4s, the other on a par 5 resulting in 4 pars and 1 bogey. Of the 4 par 3s, all my shots were within 5 yards of the green, but no GIRs. Ended those with 3 bogeys and 1 par. My approach game yesterday was much better than usual, probably with a lot of those shots being under 100 due to the white tees, but still happy with the results. I can't recall any of my shots with these irons creating further issues for me along the hole. My main problems were off the tee and putt, since they green were s****y. Plus it's hard to get into a rhythm when the flags stay in the holes and the cups are flipped over, so unless the ball has just enough speed to gently fall in, very little chance of making any putt with speed.

So what happens when @ApexFan buys new irons after his fitting? Do we make that traitor change his name, or do we just give him the kind of grief I get for being named @OldandStiff . :p

So what happens when @ApexFan buys new irons after his fitting? Do we make that traitor change his name, or do we just give him the kind of grief I get for being named @OldandStiff . :p
:unsure: What if I end up with Apex Pro’s? I’m never getting rid of my Apex 19. :)

Actually been trying to come up with a new handle. Maybe the one I’ve had for fishing.

Love seeing this thread bumped with the positive reviews.

Very comfortable with these irons, and it sure is nice to get a GIR on a Par 3 despite a poor strike off the toe haha.

My best shot yesterday was from 89 yards. Typically this would be a full swing 54* but I decided to grip down on the AW, my AW is typically my 100-110 club. I took a full swing with the grip down and landed 7 feet right of a back pin and made the birdie. Going to opt to use this method more than my traditional wedges, I just feel way more comfortable with the Apex wedges/irons.

:unsure: What if I end up with Apex Pro’s? I’m never getting rid of my Apex 19. :)

Hm. I suppose that's a possibility I hadn't considered with all your talk of other brands.

I honestly don't know if I'll ever get rid of mine, honestly. They've kind of become my go-to test clubs for shafts, because I have a ton of them, and I have the most data on them.

Hm. I suppose that's a possibility I hadn't considered with all your talk of other brands.

I honestly don't know if I'll ever get rid of mine, honestly. They've kind of become my go-to test clubs for shafts, because I have a ton of them, and I have the most data on them.
May just end up with a set of Pro’s who knows. I don’t need anything other than maybe different shafts. But I want something shiny.

I love my Apex Cf19’s. Upgraded from CF16’s largely based on the comments in this thread. See these staying in the bag for quite a while.
As bad as I want new sticks I may wait for the next Apex release.

Anybody hit these compared to the i210s? I’m really curious about these two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody hit these compared to the i210s? I’m really curious about these two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that's in interesting two to consider. Imo. Maybe someone who gamed them both can weigh in, but I think they're pretty different. Strengths, flights, and forgiveness all kind of opposite-ish from my limited time with the 210s. The Apex fly really high, are really forgiving low on the face (in outcome, not feel), and seem a little more stable on mishit maybe. The 210s seemed a little more players-ish to me on those things. Not as high, less forgiving, especially low. Less stable on mishits. They feel really good though, and I think actually sound a little better. Just very different to me. I don't want that to sound as bad as it does about the 210s. I really like those irons.

Good day to all of you Apex fanatics. I am really hoping to join your Apex owners club soon as I get back into this crazy game of golf that I love. I have a couple of questions that I believe your experience with the Apex's can help me with. I presently can not afford to get a good fitting or purchase a new set, but I have hit (indoors) the Apex's (among other irons) several times, and really love the look and feel of them. I love Nippon shafts, but they seem much harder to find with the CF19s in a good used set and they are usually more expensive. It seems like my best chance to find a good used set is with the stock Elevate 95s. I hit the Apex's well (with good launch numbers indoors) with stiff Elevate 95s, but I might also be good with regular flex Elevates. With a mid 90s driver swing speed, a low 80s 7 iron swing speed, and presently about a 9 hdcp (but have hardly played in the past 15 years, when I had it down to a 4), do you think the stiff or regular Elevate 95s will work better for me? I have used other iron and wood shafts in regular flex that have worked very well for me, but I heard the Elevates play soft. That is sort of what I felt when hitting the CF19/stiff Elevate indoors, which seemed to work well for me. Do any of you think it is worth being patient and searching for a set of CF19s with Nippons (probably 105s or 95s)? For reference my 15 year old gamers are Srixon I-302s with Rifle 5.5 shafts that I played my best golf ever with. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. HIT 'EM WELL!

Good day to all of you Apex fanatics. I am really hoping to join your Apex owners club soon as I get back into this crazy game of golf that I love. I have a couple of questions that I believe your experience with the Apex's can help me with. I presently can not afford to get a good fitting or purchase a new set, but I have hit (indoors) the Apex's (among other irons) several times, and really love the look and feel of them. I love Nippon shafts, but they seem much harder to find with the CF19s in a good used set and they are usually more expensive. It seems like my best chance to find a good used set is with the stock Elevate 95s. I hit the Apex's well (with good launch numbers indoors) with stiff Elevate 95s, but I might also be good with regular flex Elevates. With a mid 90s driver swing speed, a low 80s 7 iron swing speed, and presently about a 9 hdcp (but have hardly played in the past 15 years, when I had it down to a 4), do you think the stiff or regular Elevate 95s will work better for me? I have used other iron and wood shafts in regular flex that have worked very well for me, but I heard the Elevates play soft. That is sort of what I felt when hitting the CF19/stiff Elevate indoors, which seemed to work well for me. Do any of you think it is worth being patient and searching for a set of CF19s with Nippons (probably 105s or 95s)? For reference my 15 year old gamers are Srixon I-302s with Rifle 5.5 shafts that I played my best golf ever with. Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. HIT 'EM WELL!
I play the Elevate 95’s in mine. Only fitting I had was a Titliest fitting that was free. I took the numbers they recommended and went with the Apex because I hit them better. For me I’d prefer a lower ball flight at times. Part of that is my swing, well most of that is my swing. ;) For that reason I’m also interested in some Nippon shafts. That said I’ve worked my way from a miss 20’s down to a 12 HC. If I didn’t make so many mental mistakes I would easily be single digit. The clubs perform great. That said I have a club with a Elevate Tour that I’ve had little to no success with. Granted it’s a 5 iron and again I’m sure my swing is the issue. My ball flight with it is opposite. Low and not good distance at all. I’ve actually taken it out of the bag where a hybrid has fit in nicely. I believe the Elevate 95 is supposed to work for the masses. I play stiff at plus 1 and really they have worked very well. Only reason I want to try the Nippon is for a lower ball flight. Actually I’m getting a fitting on Thursday so I will find out.

Based on your post and you've hit the Stiff Elevates successfully, go with the Stiff 95's. I love them and I'm coming from graphite.

Apex AI S Just saying👍
I see they filed a trademark patent for the name. You seen anything in the conforming list yet?

Back