None of the players are worth the money they receive....

I think the opposite is true. Salary cap doesn’t allow teams to pay players their true value.

Xander is ready for tonight’s game! Go Chiefs!

01BED52F-B24E-46B2-B16F-925A1E325F18.jpeg

I think the opposite is true. Salary cap doesn’t allow teams to pay players their true value.

A player is worth what an owner and player [agent] agree he is worth. While I agree the salary cap suppresses the market, it also increases value to the extent it can make more teams more competitive

And in honor of the defending Super Bowl Champions, I have changed my avatar. This was my avatar during last post season. Time for a little 65 Toss Power Trap.

I should have said puppies life! Here are Luna and Cheyenne, a couple sisters from Georgia that we adopted from a rescue in Pennsylvania
View attachment 8961074

Sounds like a trouble maker! So far we’re down one dog bed. They did not appreciate sleeping in a bedroom by themselves. Other than that our biggest problem has been some lost sleep and one very unhappy cat 😆
Xander is ready for tonight’s game! Go Chiefs!

View attachment 8962733
Super cute. Adorable .. good luck

Can't believe I'm saying this but wish they would stop playing the National Anthem at professional sporting events and move on.
I agree or leave the teams in the locker rooms.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can't believe I'm saying this but wish they would stop playing the National Anthem at professional sporting events and move on.
I agree or leave the teams in the locker rooms.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This makes me sad for our nation, that one would rather push a voice aside instead of facing the issues being raised.

This makes me sad for our nation, that one would rather push a voice aside instead of facing the issues being raised.
There are multiple issues associated with the Anthem on both sides and unfortunately it is causing more divide (see tv ratings). Listening to the radio this AM and the debate was whether or not Dak was going to stand or kneel for the Anthem Sunday. If he did stand would he lose the locker room. If he did kneel would he lose the front office. Shame that he's having to answer questions about "what is he going to do" come Sunday. No win either way. Lost his mother to cancer, brother dies of suicide in April and everyone wants to know what side of the Anthem he's going to be on. Really sad.

There are multiple issues associated with the Anthem on both sides and unfortunately it is causing more divide (see tv ratings). Listening to the radio this AM and the debate was whether or not Dak was going to stand or kneel for the Anthem Sunday. If he did stand would he lose the locker room. If he did kneel would he lose the front office. Shame that he's having to answer questions about "what is he going to do" come Sunday. No win either way. Lost his mother to cancer, brother dies of suicide in April and everyone wants to know what side of the Anthem he's going to be on. Really sad.

The easy solution is stop showing their actions on TV.
Not whether people are standing or not, the media is pandering. Play the anthem or don't and if it is playing, show the flag, the stadium or anything else.

Not whether people are standing or not, the media is pandering. Play the anthem or don't and if it is playing, show the flag, the stadium or anything else.
Agree but then you have the photo/print media that will report it along with today's "cell phone media" that will post it all up on social. It will still get covered one way.

Agree but then you have the photo/print media that will report it along with today's "cell phone media" that will post it all up on social. It will still get covered one way.

Of course it will. Like everything else today, the click bait media is the culprit. Im not choosing sides here, but the easy solution for ratings in particular is to not show it. Players can choose what they would like. Fans don't have to pick sides on if they agree or not.

Not showing player/coaches/fan kneeling is the same as pushing them into locker room. It is choosing to silence the voice of those on the wrong side of injustice. It does nothing to to foster open discussion of the issues at hand.

The only time I considered boycotting the NFL was the Fail Mary. F those replacement refs! 😒 I’m all about the product on the field, and while PI and catch rules sometimes make me scream, I am all about the entertainment. Hopefully we don’t see too sloppy football these first few weeks.

Not showing player/coaches/fan kneeling is the same as pushing them into locker room. It is choosing to silence the voice of those on the wrong side of injustice. It does nothing to to foster open discussion of the issues at hand.

I am not choosing sides and certainly not going to discuss them on a golf forum. Im speaking specifically to the ratings.

The only time I considered boycotting the NFL was the Fail Mary. F those replacement refs! 😒 I’m all about the product on the field, and while PI and catch rules sometimes make me scream, I am all about the entertainment. Hopefully we don’t see too sloppy football these first few weeks.
Really hoping the injury reports don't explode after the 1st few weeks.

Really hoping the injury reports don't explode after the 1st few weeks.
This! Not sure the expanded rosters will be enough for the wave of injuries. Practice squad guys and players who just missed roster cuts need to stay in shape and near their phones.

The lack of pre-season is an interesting one for me. Every time an "integral" player gets hurt for pre-season, everybody wants to cancel those games. Now they are canceled, and everybody thinks its going to be injury filled.

Im not sure what the right answer is.

I am not choosing sides and certainly not going to discuss them on a golf forum. Im speaking specifically to the ratings.

I was not referring to the choice being yours. In my message, that choice lies with the broadcasters choosing to not show a person taking a knee.

There used to be a disclaimer-type statement back in the day to the effect of "This program has been produced by X, which is solely responsible for its content."

Broadcasters are - or should be - solely responsible for the content of their game broadcasts. They choose what to show, what to say, and what to emphasize.

Viewers have the choice of embracing the content, accepting or rejecting it on balance, or rejecting it outright.

I think that you are going to get some sloppy play.

Back