100% sink distance??

MetroCat

Reaction score
When practicing do you have a distance where you expect to sink 100% of your putts? Say 10 out of 10 from X feet then move back?

5.2”

It’s dicey past that.

6 inches could be a challenge sometimes

My only guarantee is less than a foot, but in my head it’s three.

It’s been changing lately, last week a 2 ft was not even a guarantee.

1 ft on a real green. 4ft on my putting mat. My conclusion is the putting matt has natural setup lines because of the rectangular shape of it which gives me perfect alignment to the hole.

2 feet. I expect to make everything under 2 feet. Sadly I am not 100%.

2 feet. I expect to make everything under 2 feet. Sadly I am not 100%.
Yeah, two feet for me too. It may not be real but the expectation is there because you don’t have to give the hole away

Working in a new putter so it's all up in the air now. I would have said 2' but probably 1' for now.

Something in the 2 foot range but I don’t practice much from that distance. Most of my practice is from 4-8 feet which is where I need to improve.

I don't expect to miss putts of 2 feet or less, but I have and do.

I don't expect to miss anything less than about 4 feet but where I play tends to be pretty flat. That being said I absolutely do miss them. I don't know if I've ever missed anything less than 18 inches though. The majority of my problem is getting the little ball that close to the pin to begin with.

I'm in the 2 foot crowd, though downhill sidehill 2 footers might be exceptions. Yet, Friday, in some 40 degree weather with a 15 mph wind, I was so cold I missed an easy straight 2 footer.

I’d say under 2 unless it’s one that turns a little or a bad cup placement near a slope.

2 feet and under for me as well.

When practicing do you have a distance where you expect to sink 100% of your putts? Say 10 out of 10 from X feet then move back?
For me it’s the 5-6 ft range. I expect to make all of those before I move back and practice 8-10 ft putts

Practice green wise, probably 2-4 feet?

On course for birdie? Haha like 2.5 feet maybe.

Yeah, two feet for me too. It may not be real but the expectation is there because you don’t have to give the hole away
Many years ago, I was trying to qualify for my state am. I was even on hole 10. I had a good chance to qualify. The hole was cut on the side of a slope. Unfair actually... I literally was 2 feet from the hole, putting for par. I missed the putt. It so unnerved me that I bogeyed four of the next five holes. Obviously, I missed qualifying. I don’t know what the distance is for me, but it must not be 2 feet. 😂

On my putting mat, I'm pretty consistent from 3-4 feet. On actual greens, 2 feet and under is where I feel I shouldn't miss any putts (although I still occasionally do).

Outdoors? I do the "Phil Drill" and start by circling the cup with balls at 3 feet. I won't move back until I make say 10 in a row.
My indoor green: probably 10 feet. I can make all day when practicing down there. It's 15 feet long and only that distance is a challenge on it.
I still bang hundreds of 3 footers on the indoor in a week. That "3 foot circle" for short game up and downs gets a lot of attention. If you don't fear the comebacker, it opens up the putting game.

Next night, still saying the same thing.

5.2”. That’s my max before there is a possibility of a miss. I’ve never missed one inside of that. I never will as I transition to old guy golf.

Back