The Official Banter Away Thread

Hmmm. Turns out there’s quite a significant difference in a blade 2 and blade 1 when your cutting your own hair.

It’s amazing what a couple hours of yard work and some music can do. Unfortunately figuring out my golf swing was not on the list 😆

Hmmm. Turns out there’s quite a significant difference in a blade 2 and blade 1 when your cutting your own hair.
Lower is always better! This statement is NOT wife approved! 😆

Today was absolutely mentally exhausting at work.

Does your course have a secret hidden par three tee box?

E01751A9-B993-4AF3-BCCD-B1600590F96C.jpeg

We just watched the ISS fly over our house. My four-year-old has so many questions about space now. Her biggest one was whether or not the astronauts eat space rocks. I honestly have to say watching that was one of the neatest things I’ve ever seen when looking up at the stars.

just a fun little things for those that know. Hole typically plays 180 from the back tee. This adds 30 yards and elevation.
Ah, now I see the appeal. Not putting two and two together (even though you clearly spelled it out :LOL:), I thought that it was the regular tee box. I've got to admit that, if I went to a course and that was the tee box, I'd go back in the pro shop and get my money back. As a "hidden" local knowledge only box, it's got some appeal. 🤷‍♂️

We just watched the ISS fly over our house. My four-year-old has so many questions about space now. Her biggest one was whether or not the astronauts eat space rocks. I honestly have to say watching that was one of the neatest things I’ve ever seen when looking up at the stars.
It is really cool to see. Did you use a telescope or just naked eye?

Does your course have a secret hidden par three tee box?

View attachment 8967457
Not hidden per se, but across the river in 'Sconnie there's one with a legit 19th hole par 3 if you're tied you go settle your bets on the little par 3.
The tee box was a mat that was pretty large but the green was a legit green, and it played downhill about 30 feet over a pond to a postage stamp of a green about 130 yards. Fun way to finish if things were all tied up. Crazy course on old ski hills.
If that is positioned correctly, hole #1 is one of the biggest drop-offs I will ever tee off of. Crazy way to start a round.
WI has some nice terrain by the rivers.

Ah, now I see the appeal. Not putting two and two together (even though you clearly spelled it out :LOL:), I thought that it was the regular tee box. I've got to admit that, if I went to a course and that was the tee box, I'd go back in the pro shop and get my money back. As a "hidden" local knowledge only box, it's got some appeal. 🤷‍♂️

it wa
Not hidden per se, but across the river in 'Sconnie there's one with a legit 19th hole par 3 if you're tied you go settle your bets on the little par 3.
The tee box was a mat that was pretty large but the green was a legit green, and it played downhill about 30 feet over a pond to a postage stamp of a green about 130 yards. Fun way to finish if things were all tied up. Crazy course on old ski hills.
If that is positioned correctly, hole #1 is one of the biggest drop-offs I will ever tee off of. Crazy way to start a round.
WI has some nice terrain by the rivers.

That looks like a pretty course.

it wa

That looks like a pretty course.
Had a former boss and later friend who did their computers for them, so kinda lived out there for a while... ;)
It's so gorgeous, but it's tough. Lotta elevation changes of course on an old ski area. Lotta woods. Lotta finding other peoples' golf balls. :LOL:
They were stuggling to keep afloat. Built it thinking a bridge was being built into WI much sooner than the bridge happened. Glad to see they are still around. Was looking touch and go for a while. (y)I don't know why, but I cross the river into WI, and I play really good, or really bad?? No in-between. :LOL:

Crazy seeing the orlando airport this empty.

So looks like any talk of a 2nd stimulus package is dead.. don't turn this political, just saying it sucks, and both sides suck

I just had probably the most fascinating conversation in my entire life regarding golf equipment and fitting. It started talking about golf balls and how the lack of education through marketing has spawned people to pay too much attention to number of layers and compression, which both are meaningless without more information. Meaning that companies measure compression differently and that the simple number without context does little to explain the performance.

It then went down the path to hear that the single most dangerous thing for golf equipment people to pay attention to or follow is spin. How the low spin marketing has been a detriment to the golfer that is following that label. Where it comes from, how it impacts things, and without understanding that, is a problem. He said the companies are not to blame, but the launch monitor and golfers that are chasing it are.

Now keep in mind these are not my thoughts, but those of a fitter at the PGA Tour level, but I have 900 things floating around in my head and how to best explain them.

I just had probably the most fascinating conversation in my entire life regarding golf equipment and fitting. It started talking about golf balls and how the lack of education through marketing has spawned people to pay too much attention to number of layers and compression, which both are meaningless without more information. Meaning that companies measure compression differently and that the simple number without context does little to explain the performance.

It then went down the path to hear that the single most dangerous thing for golf equipment people to pay attention to or follow is spin. How the low spin marketing has been a detriment to the golfer that is following that label. Where it comes from, how it impacts things, and without understanding that, is a problem. He said the companies are not to blame, but the launch monitor and golfers that are chasing it are.

Now keep in mind these are not my thoughts, but those of a fitter at the PGA Tour level, but I have 900 things floating around in my head and how to best explain them.

It always bugs me when I know "I don't know what I don't know." Might there be more details to this discussion forthcoming that would help poor souls like me characterize our ignorance? This is the kind of stuff you can only find here.

It always bugs me when I know "I don't know what I don't know." Might there be more details to this discussion forthcoming that would help poor souls like me characterize our ignorance? This is the kind of stuff you can only find here.

Definitely. Have reached out to a number of golf industry brilliant minds to form this into something that will make sense to THPers.

1st flight in 6 months and it is delayed 2 hrs, not the start I was hoping for. Then testing at the airport when we land, with my luck I will get a 14 day vacation locked up in a Hotel in Santo Domingo.

Trex deck project is officially a go, which means I get to buy MORE POWER TOOLS!!! Hopefully I can get enough new goodies to get a new toolbox too. Why do I get the feeling I’m not getting anything for Christmas?

Trex deck project is officially a go, which means I get to buy MORE POWER TOOLS!!! Hopefully I can get enough new goodies to get a new toolbox too. Why do I get the feeling I’m not getting anything for Christmas?

Keep us updated on the deck. Which Trex did you go with?

Keep us updated on the deck. Which Trex did you go with?
We’re doing Trex Select in Saddle brown. The plan right now is just to lay 20’ boards across the 18’ deck and then cut them to length. No railing, no border. Of course these plans never change, right?

That will be nice.

Part of my deck had an angle and making that single pass cut to length was really satisfying. Are you going with the invisible board fasteners?

Back