The Official Banter Away Thread

greekelite

Well-known member
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
5,543
Reaction score
1,655
Location
NJ
Handicap
15.5
Wooooo moar banter!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
 

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
15,302
Reaction score
1,824
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Handicap
0-10
So I’m guessing some of the issues are because the other threads were so large? Hmmm


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

jdtox

It’s a process
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
May 20, 2011
Messages
22,510
Reaction score
5,825
Location
Michigan
Handicap
7.4
So many new threads today haha
 

SquirrelyDave

Allegedly....
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
18,213
Reaction score
4,039
Location
North JoCo
Handicap
GHIN 22.7
Canadan said something about response times improving with all the thread closures. He’s right. Web version is faster.
 

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
92,042
Reaction score
14,404
Location
Ohio
Handicap
+
dazeedmonds;n8876396 said:
Canadan said something about response times improving with all the thread closures. He’s right. Web version is faster.
We were spoiled all those years of absolutely LIGHTNING fast flips back to the recent posts hub haha
 

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
34,378
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Florida
Handicap
Golf
  • Thread starter
  • Admin
  • #8
PKorf;n8876346 said:
So I’m guessing some of the issues are because the other threads were so large? Hmmm


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am not sure, but figured it couldn't hurt to go through and close big threads. People were saying the big threads wouldn't load in Taptalk so I thought, let's get rid of them, and so I did. If you guys notice other threads let me know and I will close those and start new ones for those too.
 

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
15,302
Reaction score
1,824
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Handicap
0-10
GolferGal;n8876407 said:
I am not sure, but figured it couldn't hurt to go through and close big threads. People were saying the big threads wouldn't load in Taptalk so I thought, let's get rid of them, and so I did. If you guys notice other threads let me know and I will close those and start new ones for those too.
It’s helped immensely. One thing I’ve noticed is, basically anything that was or is a “sticky” thread wasn’t opening for me in Tapatalk in any forum or sub forum. Food....hobbies....equipment....check in....etc.

You’re doing a great job of trying to fix things.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
34,378
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Florida
Handicap
Golf
PKorf;n8876412 said:
It’s helped immensely. One thing I’ve noticed is, basically anything that was or is a “sticky” thread wasn’t opening for me in Tapatalk in any forum or sub forum. Food....hobbies....equipment....check in....etc.

You’re doing a great job of trying to fix things.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks!! TheAnnihilator is the fixer, I am like a triage nurse, I put bandaids on things until he can fix it haha. I can fix a few things, but most of the real tech stuff is beyond my abilities.
 

TheDoctor

One of the UK Hackers
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Nov 2, 2012
Messages
11,646
Reaction score
1,491
Location
Northeast, UK
Handicap
9 (9.2)
GolferGal;n8876407 said:
I am not sure, but figured it couldn't hurt to go through and close big threads. People were saying the big threads wouldn't load in Taptalk so I thought, let's get rid of them, and so I did. If you guys notice other threads let me know and I will close those and start new ones for those too.
That could be a full-time job in itself.....

There are quite a few in the 'Courses, Reviews, THP Events and Outings' sub-forum

Heck, even the main 2019 Grandaddy thread probably won't open in Tapatalk for me as it has more than 2K posts
 

PKorf

"The Pin Slayer"
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Dec 4, 2015
Messages
15,302
Reaction score
1,824
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Handicap
0-10
GolferGal;n8876425 said:
Thanks!! TheAnnihilator is the fixer, I am like a triage nurse, I put bandaids on things until he can fix it haha. I can fix a few things, but most of the real tech stuff is beyond my abilities.
That’s like me....with golf stuff. I can change a few things here and there but getting down to the nitty gritty and doing a complete reconstruct? I’d screw up more stufff rather than fix it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
34,378
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Florida
Handicap
Golf
TheDoctor;n8876426 said:
That could be a full-time job in itself.....

There are quite a few in the 'Courses, Reviews, THP Events and Outings' sub-forum

Heck, even the main 2019 Grandaddy thread probably won't open in Tapatalk for me as it has more than 2K posts
I am not going to do all of them because we will get this issue fixed, but for things like the ones I have done so far I think that's already a bit better right? If you see other threads like that (non event threads) please let me know and I will do my best to get them closed and a new one started. If it's not a thread that gets frequent use I will hold off until the actual fix is in place.
 

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Nov 10, 2010
Messages
37,236
Reaction score
3,970
Location
Cow Pasture, FL
Handicap
5.2
GolferGal;n8876622 said:
My power is out.
Large threads even overwhelmed your power :(
 

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
34,378
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Florida
Handicap
Golf
MWard;n8876637 said:
Large threads even overwhelmed your power :(
Check out the Duke outage map, half of Clearwater to port richey is without power. Although a neighbor on the other side of countryside reported their power is back. Mine, however, is not. So I’m sitting here listening to my neighbors whole home generator and thinking it’s time to make that investment.
 

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
May 16, 2010
Messages
92,042
Reaction score
14,404
Location
Ohio
Handicap
+
GolferGal;n8876659 said:
Check out the Duke outage map, half of Clearwater to port richey is without power. Although a neighbor on the other side of countryside reported their power is back. Mine, however, is not. So I’m sitting here listening to my neighbors whole home generator and thinking it’s time to make that investment.
You guys getting storms right now?
 

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
34,378
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Florida
Handicap
Golf
Power is back, woohoo!!! The AC is saying it can't find my wifi, but hopefully that works it way out in a minute because no AC in Summer is a PROBLEM!
 

golfinnut

In search of a new OEM!
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Feb 26, 2014
Messages
14,013
Reaction score
1,264
Location
Leesburg, VA
Handicap
HEAT!
GolferGal;n8876711 said:
Power is back, woohoo!!! The AC is saying it can't find my wifi, but hopefully that works it way out in a minute because no AC in Summer is a PROBLEM!
How is Arrow taking the power outage? Hope he's feeling better
 

mikeg_74

2015 #TheGrandaddy Alum & 2019 #AssCap
Albatross 2020 Club
Joined
Jan 27, 2013
Messages
34,400
Reaction score
7,488
Location
Katy, Texas
Handicap
10
GolferGal;n8876622 said:
My power is out.
That sucks. we dealt with that a few days ago (assuming over use of the grid) and the index was 109. We had just brought groceries and luckily it came back on after 45 minutes
 

GolferGal

BOSS
Boss Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Joined
Oct 15, 2008
Messages
34,378
Reaction score
4,788
Location
Florida
Handicap
Golf
mikeg_74;n8876748 said:
That sucks. we dealt with that a few days ago (assuming over use of the grid) and the index was 109. We had just brought groceries and luckily it came back on after 45 minutes
I am sure this was storm related, just so weird it happened after the storm passed. We were out for about 2 hours.

That is when it happens though isn't it, right when you come back with groceries.
 

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in
Top