LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Quick shout out.
@jdtox and @OITW you guys were ******* awesome.

@OITW
Alex, I know you don't care and don't want me to say it, but I'm sorry we couldnt l put you through to next year. I know how much this brand and event mean to you. This was the best golf weekend in my life and I will never forget it. 🍆

Some Sunday Singles Thoughts:

Last Night during the Singles preview, we felt that it could still be anyone’s Cup, but the Saturday hole might have been too much to overcome for Team Hackers.

It ended with a Team Paradise victory 10-6, but that didn’t tell the whole story of how close this really was...

At 1:53 PM CST, the Comeback (We we’re going to call it the #HackBack) was absolutely there for the taking, as all of the matches had arrived to the back nine.

@e1iterate won the 10th hole from absolute jail in the native area off the tee, to right the ship and get that match to 3up...
0151C064-36CF-4351-87F4-66E8BCCCBAE5.gif
819E5E04-FA48-4020-B753-EC515C4F56CE.gif

@Parrot had come back from morphine drip and had gotten that match to Hackers 1Dn, after being down 5 through 5....
AAA99346-28C0-462E-ACC8-03C84A813B4D.gif

Then quietly @maxw72 had pulled within 1, getting that match within striking range...
68A304F8-81AF-44EB-A5AF-3FC0E1A8FCBB.gif

At this point it looked like the exact scenario that we laid out the night before was about to go down, as @Master Yagley was starting to lean on @Duffer Waldorf. @H8tobogie was also making me eat my prediction from the Live stream as he was up against one of Team Paradise‘s hottest players on Day One, @MarMill8412 .

Texts started flying between @Canadan, @chefkritter, and myself. We had a full fledged Morgan Cup miracle on our hands...
77397043-4543-4172-931E-741C7848F7DC.gif

Then something happened, Team Paradise didn’t fold like a cheap suit, they fought back.

Team Hackers had one hand on the cup trying to take it, and Team Paradise refused to allow it to happen.

@oumagic instead of crumbling under the pressure of blowing a big lead, stood in, took the shot, (Match got to AS) and won holes down the stretch when he absolutely had to have them.
C599569B-0033-4C23-A6FD-82D3F6561131.gif

@vdubtx never faltered either as all eyes turned to that match, by 17 he got it to Dormie, never relinquishing the lead.
7E4B5F63-B2B7-4563-9A06-F90FE9838538.gif

Because of slowness of updating, we really didn’t get to see in real time @ToddJ027b continue his 3-0 Morgan Cup run against a very tough out in @baylrballa. By the time we got an update that match was Dormie too...
563353AF-2E1B-473B-B9B6-01ACB0B74779.gif

In the Match of the Day, @KY Golfer fought all the way back to square the match, with the Cup decided, in a remarkable show of Sportsmanship, both he & @e1iterate decided that no one deserved to lose the match and called it AS, leading to what will forever be known as “The Concession”. This wasn’t a singles match, this was a War.... Personally, I haven’t wanted to see a finish to a match this bad, since ‘97 Starrcade, but pure class move by both competitors.
B76A465A-E35A-42E6-8910-135FD2778696.gif

In the end Paradise won, but both teams gave us a Sunday that we haven’t had in a while, one to remember and not soon to forget. The Morgan Cup isn’t about winning or losing, its about the experience, and I for one, am happy that I got to follow along for the ride.

Thank You to both Team Hackers and Team Paradise for a great Morgan Cup...

B973B995-B550-41AD-8266-3E73F934F8CF.gif

Last edited:
Participants:

if you have an extra PW and 7i in your bag let me know as it’s mine
You know I might... already had too many coming to Vegas!

Last Night during the Singles preview, we felt that it could still be anyone’s Cup, but the Saturday hole might have been too much to overcome for Team Hackers.

It ended with a Team Paradise victory 10-6, but that didn’t tell the whole story of how close this really was...

At 1:53 PM CST, the Comeback (We we’re going to call it the #HackBack) was absolutely there for the taking, as all of the matches had arrived to the back nine.

@e1iterate won the 10th hole from absolute jail in the native area off the tee, to right the ship and get that match to 3up...
View attachment 8968684
View attachment 8968686

@Parrot had come back from morphine drip and had gotten that match to Hackers 1Dn, after being down 5 through 5....
View attachment 8968685

Then quietly @maxw72 had pulled within 1, getting that match within striking range...
View attachment 8968687

At this point it looked like the exact scenario that we laid out the night before was about to go down, as @Master Yagley was starting to lean on @Duffer Waldorf. Texts started flying between @Canadan, @chefkritter, and myself. We had a full fledged Morgan Cup miracle on our hands...
View attachment 8968694

Then something happened, Team Paradise didn’t fold like a cheap suit, they fought back.

Team Hackers had one hand on the cup trying to take it, and Team Paradise refused to allow it to happen.

@oumagic instead of crumbling under the pressure of blowing a big lead, stood in, took the shot, (Match got to AS) and won holes down the stretch when he absolutely had to have them.
View attachment 8968693

@vdubtx never faltered either as all eyes turned to that match, by 17 he got it to Dormie, never relinquishing the lead.
View attachment 8968695

Because of slowness of updating, we really didn’t get to see in real time @ToddJ027b continue his 3-0 Morgan Cup run against a very tough out in @baylrballa. By the time we got an update that match was Dormie too...
View attachment 8968696

In the Match of the Day, @KY Golfer fought all the way back to square the match, with the Cup decided, in a remarkable show of Sportsmanship, both he & @e1iterate decided that no one deserved to lose the match and called it AS, leading to what will forever be known as “The Concession”. This wasn’t a singles match, this was a War.... Personally, I haven’t wanted to see a finish to a match this bad, since ‘97 Starrcade, but pure class move by both competitors.
View attachment 8968701

In the end Paradise won, but both teams gave us a Sunday that we haven’t had in a while, one to remember and not soon to forget. The Morgan Cup isn’t about winning or losing, its about the experience, and I for one, am happy that I got to follow along for the ride.

View attachment 8968705

I thoroughly enjoyed the live stream and love this post.
Watching THPers be as invested in the results as I was, was pretty special.

I thoroughly enjoyed the live stream and love this post.
Watching THPers be as invested in the results as I was, was pretty special.
It's the Morgan Cup. How could anyone on THP not be invested in this epic match?

View attachment 8968684
View attachment 8968686

View attachment 8968685

View attachment 8968687

At this point it looked like the exact scenario that we laid out the night before was about to go down, as @Master Yagley was starting to lean on @Duffer Waldorf. Texts started flying between @Canadan, @chefkritter, and myself. We had a full fledged Morgan Cup miracle on our hands...
View attachment 8968694

View attachment 8968693

View attachment 8968695

View attachment 8968696

View attachment 8968701

View attachment 8968705

Very well said! It was a weekend to remember for not only the participants but for all of THP. A weekend in 2020 that we all needed with everything going in the world.

Much respect to both teams for allowing us to tag along for the ride and distracting us for a weekend!

Back to reality!

View attachment 8968684
View attachment 8968686

View attachment 8968685

View attachment 8968687

View attachment 8968694

View attachment 8968693

View attachment 8968695

View attachment 8968696

View attachment 8968701

View attachment 8968705

One for the books no doubt!

What a weekend to follow along. If you love great golf, great people, and great equipment, then this weekend gave you that in spades. Loved every moment, and I can’t wait to go hit my Speedzone driver this week!

missed a lot of the thread talk while up in Taos today, lucky enough to catch the tee off both days wile the girls were shopping, they broke the bank, but i got to watch...lol great weekend boys, Team Hackers, love you guys still.....thank you @JB for making sure the rest of the free world could still watch, no matter where we were.

A9D8384C-7316-4A8D-AA86-05370EE534B1.jpegFeel so absolutely blessed to be on Team Hackers but an extra special shout-out to this man right here. After Saturday mornings round I was down on myself and felt defeated. @Master Yagley came to me and took the time to help me with my game and cheer me on. My team as a whole always had my back as I had my ups and downs and it was the time of my life to join the Morgan cup brotherhood. Can’t wait to enter next year!

If this thread doesn’t make you excited for the rest of 2020 and whatever 2021 has in store in terms of Experiences, you’re not paying attention.

i absolutely love how THP event gets the golf blood flowing knowing the impossible is probably right around the corner

D274FBA1-557E-443A-B081-607F34C10BF2.jpeg

Back