Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I implemented a change to my swing this morning and took some cuts with my Apex Pro 7 iron. I got the club a good bit higher than normal in the backswing which created a wider arc. I was surprised to see a 8-10 yard increase in carry distance but looking closer at the numbers it may be reduced spin accounting for the gains.

20201014_185228.jpg

I hope to incorporate this change to my swing on the course. I am curious if I will see more roll out than normal after the ball hits the green. With my old swing a typical 7 iron would be within 10 feet of the ball mark if not closer. I am hoping this swing change will reduce my spin with driver which is usually 3500-4000.

Damn @badolds 181 average 7iron with the Pro!?

I max out at 160 with the Standard! :LOL:

The lofts on the Pro seem to match up very well with the X Forged UT. I know they are knew but I also know almost all of us tinker. Anyone try it yet?

After spending some time with all the new offerings on the market (not including X Forged CB yet), I'm becoming increasingly convinced that nothing will kick these Apex Pro 19s out of the bag. 770s were the only ones that even stood a chance (sorry Mizuno) so I've got a set inbound to really compare the two down in the dirt.

Still amazing how much performance the Pro 19s have in such a slim package.

After spending some time with all the new offerings on the market (not including X Forged CB yet), I'm becoming increasingly convinced that nothing will kick these Apex Pro 19s out of the bag. 770s were the only ones that even stood a chance (sorry Mizuno) so I've got a set inbound to really compare the two down in the dirt.

Still amazing how much performance the Pro 19s have in such a slim package.
It blows my mind more every time I compare them to something else. If they could update the look without changing a single other thing in the next version, I'd be totally fine with that. So good.

It blows my mind more every time I compare them to something else. If they could update the look without changing a single other thing in the next version, I'd be totally fine with that. So good.
I like the look, I just wish I could debadge them. HATE the $0.10 cent stickers and leaking epoxy stains on my forged beauties. Not sure how or why Callaway ever thought that was a good idea on their flagship line. Obviously just my opinion.

I like the look, I just wish I could debadge them. HATE the $0.10 cent stickers and leaking epoxy stains on my forged beauties. Not sure how or why Callaway ever thought that was a good idea on their flagship line. Obviously just my opinion.
No, I'm in complete agreement. It's been my only gripe from the moment I first laid hands on them. It looks cheap, and stupid. That's basically why I'm saying if they changed that, but nothing else, they'd have my money again in a heartbeat.

I implemented a change to my swing this morning and took some cuts with my Apex Pro 7 iron. I got the club a good bit higher than normal in the backswing which created a wider arc. I was surprised to see a 8-10 yard increase in carry distance but looking closer at the numbers it may be reduced spin accounting for the gains.

View attachment 8969220

I hope to incorporate this change to my swing on the course. I am curious if I will see more roll out than normal after the ball hits the green. With my old swing a typical 7 iron would be within 10 feet of the ball mark if not closer. I am hoping this swing change will reduce my spin with driver which is usually 3500-4000.

Your trajectory and spin rate is about what mine is with my 6i. I would say it is a bit low for a 7i as I don't hit my 6i super high. I get 3-5 paces of roll out on the greens depending on firmness and quality of strike.

I would add you have plenty of distance if this change doesn't increase accuracy (sounds like you averaged 33 feet off line) I wouldn't stay married to it.

616VyNwsbFL._SL1500_.jpg

My approach wedge has some recurring rust around the badges. All of my other clubs are fine but I stopped washing them under running water to be safe. My wife swears by this stuff and it did a great job removing the rust. I let it soak for a while then hit it with a nylon brush and it looks new again.

Perks of being in a alpine desert is rust is almost never a factor, even in buying a 30 year old truck.

Right, they should have stamped Callaway where they have forged stamped, and stamp forged on the hosel, and no stickers. Done.

View attachment 8969269

My approach wedge has some recurring rust around the badges. All of my other clubs are fine but I stopped washing them under running water to be safe. My wife swears by this stuff and it did a great job removing the rust. I let it soak for a while then hit it with a nylon brush and it looks new again.

How long did you let it set? I probably didn't give it enough time.

How long did you let it set? I probably didn't give it enough time.
I have left it soak between 30 minutes and overnight. The 30 minute soak worked fine for me.

Recently made the move from the XP95s I was originally fit for to graphite Fujikura Pro 75i. Tighter dispersion, smash factor went up, gained about 7 yards on avg, and I've posted some of my best rounds ever. More importantly no more pain after the round! I see myself in these CF19s for a VERY long time.

I have left it soak between 30 minutes and overnight. The 30 minute soak worked fine for me.
Ok then just scrub off with a nylon brush?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

What is everyone's favorite iron? Mine is definitely the 7 iron! It feels so powerful

What is everyone's favorite iron? Mine is definitely the 7 iron! It feels so powerful
I like the 7 and 8 in my combo set. Love the power and length of the 7, and the sound and height of the 8 is fantastic.

I like the 7 and 8 in my combo set. Love the power and length of the 7, and the sound and height of the 8 is fantastic.

They split that set at the perfect spot. The 8 is really where I want to start thinking about being close. It's an iron I'm super comfortable with. The 7 I'm more likely to go at the middle of the green than a pin.

The Pros have one of the best set AW's around. Really versatile.

They split that set at the perfect spot. The 8 is really where I want to start thinking about being close. It's an iron I'm super comfortable with. The 7 I'm more likely to go at the middle of the green than a pin.

Going Friday to lock down the shafts that will be in my apex. Elevate 95 or KBS Tour 90 are the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been one to fall in love with specific clubs. My favorite club is the one that goes the distance I need.

I will say I am struggling with the PW a bit right now I tend to miss left with it more than the rest of the irons including AW. It has been a bit frustrating.

Going Friday to lock down the shafts that will be in my apex. Elevate 95 or KBS Tour 90 are the two

I have the Nippon 950s in mine and have been very happy with them. I hit the Tour 90s but not the Elevates in my fitting.

If you have any elbow issues like tennis elbow, go with the Elevates.

Back