Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

8i has pulled off some of my favorite shots in the Apex. We’ll see what the future holds.

I have been eyeing these on CPO. They need to have sale. ;)

The Pros have one of the best set AW's around. Really versatile.
I have the pro combo set and love the 7. Powerful is the perfect description. Something about the 9 i just feel super confident when i hit it and i think because of that i hit it well. But the AW is just special I have never hit better shots with an A or gap wedge than i have with the pro combo AW. Really love the set.

Thanks for responding to which is your fave iron! It is really impressive that this version of irons is still going strong 2 years later!

After hitting the Smoke Pros on sim yesterday, I walked away pretty impressed. Feel. Is. Superb. It’s REALLY good. The more compact head at address is enticing but makes me concerned about hitting out of less forgiving lies. That said, I was seeing equal to half club difference in distance compared to my standard Apex irons and on less than optimal strikes I saw a bit more punishment on distance...but marginal. Surprisingly, on those less than stellar strikes, the ball held its line.
Best of all, distances and spin were consistent on similar strikes...like near identical. 7i was carrying in the 157-162yd range and that’s right where I want to be. The gap wedge was hitting the same numbers over and over which excites me with approach shots being where I need to tighten things up!
Overall, very excited to get these in play.

After hitting the Smoke Pros on sim yesterday, I walked away pretty impressed. Feel. Is. Superb. It’s REALLY good. The more compact head at address is enticing but makes me concerned about hitting out of less forgiving lies. That said, I was seeing equal to half club difference in distance compared to my standard Apex irons and on less than optimal strikes I saw a bit more punishment on distance...but marginal. Surprisingly, on those less than stellar strikes, the ball held its line.
Best of all, distances and spin were consistent on similar strikes...like near identical. 7i was carrying in the 157-162yd range and that’s right where I want to be. The gap wedge was hitting the same numbers over and over which excites me with approach shots being where I need to tighten things up!
Overall, very excited to get these in play.
Where the Pros will shine compared to Apex is the front to back dispersion. Pros will give you a nice tight cluster.

What is everyone's favorite iron? Mine is definitely the 7 iron! It feels so powerful
Thanks Dimples. My 7 and 8 iron waged a battle yesterday of who is best and I had this thread in mind the whole time. Both irons were used on par threes and both not only hit the green but I was able to put the ball in the right spot to make a putt. It was a tight race until the seventeenth hole where I had a pretty bare lie in stringy tall rough with the ball a couple inches below my feet. The pin was back and lasered at 158 yards. It felt a little funny when I made contact but I watched the ball track the flag hit pin high just left and rolled a couple inches off the back. I looked at the club face and this shot was struck at least a half inch toe side. These are game improvement irons in a sexy sleek package. The 8 iron was the fair haired boy yesterday.

What is everyone's favorite iron? Mine is definitely the 7 iron! It feels so powerful
Good question. I really don't have a definitive answer. Some of my best shots from the weekend were with the 6 and 7iron but I guess I would have to say the 8iron. Love them all though!

Good question. I really don't have a definitive answer. Some of my best shots from the weekend were with the 6 and 7iron but I guess I would have to say the 8iron. Love them all though!
This is so true for me too! I hit a lot of very good shots with my 6 and 7! They just look the best to me for some reason which had me pondering a one length set! LOL

Went for a fitting at Club Champion. After an hour, we determined my CF19s were the best irons for me. LOVE them. 7I is my favorite.

So I wanted to do some stat looking with my GIR, which is the biggest area of focus/area of improvement that I wanted to hone in on for the last 2 years.

2019 I changed to these irons and I was very happy, still am. Forged. Premium Look. Thinner sole and Top Line. Love the Silver/Black color scheme.

2019 - 5.8 GIR - 32.3%
2020 - 6.2 34%
Last 20 - 6.8 37.8%
Last 10 - 7.4 41.1%

Now obviously not ALL of my GIR are from my irons. I'm sure I have a few hybrids and of course my MD4s, but for the most part on Par 4s and Par 3s I'm having some sort of Apex 5-AW in my hands to hit into a green.

It just feels nice to see noticeable improvement and the irons being the best I've ever owned. This is about as in-depth for stats as I'd go. I don't care to try Accros? Or keep stats on each iron I hit best or whatever, doesn't peak my interest.

Went for a fitting at Club Champion. After an hour, we determined my CF19s were the best irons for me. LOVE them. 7I is my favorite.
The 6 & 7 irons are my favorite irons.

My combo set must know I’m toying with the idea of replacing them because they absolutely shined during yesterday’s round. I wasn’t as consistent off the tee so I left myself in some crazy spots. Two shots stood out to me.

1. after a great drive I had about 157 left to a back pin on a shelf. Long and right is dead so I pull my 8i aiming for middle of the green. Easy swing and the ball took off. The ball landed on the top shelf and stopped within a few feet of the ball mark. (Credit to the 2020CSX) Big 8i for me.

2. after a good drive the came to rest near some trees on the left side of the fairway. Trees didn’t mess with the swing, but the play was punch out or hit a shot to turn the ball over and get close to the green. I had 207 to the front edge so I looked at @badolds and said, “here we go, hooded 6i and let’s see what happens”. I’m still not sure if it was the dumb luck or the blind squirrel scenario, but the ball took off on the line and started to draw back to the fairway. When I reached my ball i had 37yds to the front so I was happy to get the distance I did out of the swing.

moral of the story is these irons continue to be impressive. I really like how they set up and when you put a good swing on them, they have a lot of distance and forgiveness packed Into a great profile.

My combo set must know I’m toying with the idea of replacing them because they absolutely shined during yesterday’s round. I wasn’t as consistent off the tee so I left myself in some crazy spots. Two shots stood out to me.

1. after a great drive I had about 157 left to a back pin on a shelf. Long and right is dead so I pull my 8i aiming for middle of the green. Easy swing and the ball took off. The ball landed on the top shelf and stopped within a few feet of the ball mark. (Credit to the 2020CSX) Big 8i for me.

2. after a good drive the came to rest near some trees on the left side of the fairway. Trees didn’t mess with the swing, but the play was punch out or hit a shot to turn the ball over and get close to the green. I had 207 to the front edge so I looked at @badolds and said, “here we go, hooded 6i and let’s see what happens”. I’m still not sure if it was the dumb luck or the blind squirrel scenario, but the ball took off on the line and started to draw back to the fairway. When I reached my ball i had 37yds to the front so I was happy to get the distance I did out of the swing.

moral of the story is these irons continue to be impressive. I really like how they set up and when you put a good swing on them, they have a lot of distance and forgiveness packed Into a great profile.

Man what a super fun round we had yesterday. Even Rick the dick who joined us as a random could not bring us down. Dude had a full set of Mavrik clubs but he was unapproachable. I wanted to chat him up at first but after a couple holes it became apparent that dude was not in the mood. @mikeg_74 started slow but warmed up after a while. Even when things are not good with one of our swings we always manage to have some laughs and that is a big reason I like to play with Mike.

I had a great day and shot 82 from a fairly difficult course that has some length. I cannot really think of a single shot that stands out with my Apex Pro's but I was very consistent with them. I hit several greens in regulation and the ones I missed were not far off. My Jaws wedges really shined yesterday but that is another thread. The Apex Pro's are just so good for my game. My scores have trended down for the last month or so and these irons are responsible for a big part of that.

Anyone else waiting on Apex 19s? It's been 10 weeks for me after I got fitted. Just want to see if I am the only one.

I'm still playing the CF19's and it would take something very special to move them out of my bag! My favorite iron is the 8i. For some reason I get the best performance out of it and it is one club I can really step on when needed without adding dispersion.

These irons are so amazing! What a great feel to them and very consistent. I could see my scores lower with the set the more i game then .

These irons are so amazing! What a great feel to them and very consistent. I could see my scores lower with the set the more i game then .
That’s exactly why I got these irons. The yardages were so close on all swings.

I can't believe I'm thinking about taking apart my set of pros for the shafts. I mean, I did it last winter and it all worked out pretty well, but I might need someone to give me a nudge when it comes time to apply the heat. It just feels so wrong!

That’s exactly why I got these irons. The yardages were so close on all swings.
That was one of the reasons I sold my p790’s . Was nice at times a club longer but if your unsure when the extra distance is coming ... too many variables for my liking.

That was one of the reasons I sold my p790’s . Was nice at times a club longer but if your unsure when the extra distance is coming ... too many variables for my liking.
You probably got a 20 yard flier sometime.

Back