Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest, 2021/22

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
Should we do it again? I honestly don’t think I can get my index any lower, but I am willing to try. The same rules will apply as last year. You must post proof of your current index. Next October, we will see who has lowered his/her index the most, as a percentage reduction. I will pay the 2022 Albatross membership for the three who have the highest percentage reduction, who also beat me. Good luck everybody who wants to participate.

Here is mine:

84767613-3B12-480D-B768-D56C9FCBDD35.jpeg

Was a great contest this year. I went up, always hoping I can go down 😂

Damn dude! You’re a 3.0!? What a BEAST
Call it the one reward that came from COVID19. I was pretty excited to show you my game when you all were in Vegas for the Morgan Cup. I have been playing my best golf ever the last 8 weeks.

I’m in and I’ve got a tall, tall task ahead. I’ll post a my handicap after tomorrow’s round. I love this improvement motivation!

Call it the one reward that came from COVID19. I was pretty excited to show you my game when you all were in Vegas for the Morgan Cup. I have been playing my best golf ever the last 8 weeks.

Wish it worked out for me that way

Craig I'm in again.

Though I doubt I will maintain that long into 2021. Starting grad school next fall and I think life is going be busy.

My prediction is that I bottom out in February and then start climbing after that with my clubs getting put away in the fall for awhile.

Screenshot_20201023-201430.png

I’ll join in. Hope it gives me some serious motivation. 4C64DF2D-D486-4D3D-A3A3-A012BD5E4262.png

I’m in. Sitting at 23 as of 10/31/20. This is a good motivator.

IMG_2724.jpg

Craig I'm in again.

Though I doubt I will maintain that long into 2021. Starting grad school next fall and I think life is going be busy.

My prediction is that I bottom out in February and then start climbing after that with my clubs getting put away in the fall for awhile.

View attachment 8972013
If you are going to be too busy, you should probably send me your launch monitor, so that you won’t be distracted, or even tempted. 🤣

If you are going to be too busy, you should probably send me your launch monitor, so that you won’t be distracted, or even tempted. 🤣
Well it's currently getting repaired. So no dice there.

But that might be my only golf outlet next year.

I'll play...

20201101_070054.jpg

I'm in

Currently at 5.7

hcap.JPG

This was a fun follow this year! I pretty much stayed the same through the year and sit at 13.2 right now. Really hoping to change that next year, but need to dedicate the time!
333C7CC1-07DE-411C-A436-89907EC707CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool contest. If you can take a stroke off which is possible with some timely golf at the end of the contest you will be tough to beat.

Cool contest. If you can take a stroke off which is possible with some timely golf at the end of the contest you will be tough to beat.
You could do the same. Get in! My goal last year was to get to 4. I did it and more. If I could get to 2 this year, I would be ecstatic.

You could do the same. Get in! My goal last year was to get to 4. I did it and more. If I could get to 2 this year, I would be ecstatic.

I’ll have to go back and re-read the rules to last year’s contest I don’t know what they are. I don’t really have a handicap objective my objectives are more around playing some tournaments and getting better results.

Good luck and thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 4.41.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 4.41.27 PM.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 11
I have had a couple good rounds to wind up our handicap season, which turns off next week. I will go into next year having a good start. Everyone should feel free to post their progress. It would be fun to see.

130A51F2-46DE-4F54-83E4-8868EA1C9CF7.jpeg

I'll give it another try, went from 12 to 9 this year, but rebounded to 9.5 after mid summer. Hoping Covid won't cancel my Spring golf school next year like it did in 2020.

I'll give it another try, went from 12 to 9 this year, but rebounded to 9.5 after mid summer. Hoping Covid won't cancel my Spring golf school next year like it did in 2020.
12 to either 9 or 9.5 is a fantastic jump.

I’m ready to get a 50% reduction this year (hey, a guy can dream right?). As of today, I’m a 6.1 so I’m aiming for a 3.0 by this time next year.

Back