Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Great job on the review. I am a big fan and have played the 585/785 combo for almost two years now. They almost spoiled the feel of any other club for me. Anything I tried in the last two years didn't feel nearly as good as these do. I have my order in through our Shop Staff Program and can't wait for these to arrive.

7D7DC812-D224-4192-B8F8-B3A6B3B486ED.gif
Great write-up James they look so good...

Nice! I wish I still had enough game to play the 5 series but time marches on and I no longer swing hard enough to get the best out of them. They sure are pretty though.

Nice! I wish I still had enough game to play the 5 series but time marches on and I no longer swing hard enough to get the best out of them. They sure are pretty though.

They are pretty forgiving. What type of iron are you playing now?

These are some very beautiful irons. Wow, Srixon really upped their game with these! I've never spent a lot of time with Srixon irons; will have to be on the lookout for these for sure

They are pretty forgiving. What type of iron are you playing now?
Cobra F Max, I need help getting the shot up in the air. When I was younger I searched for ways to not hit it so high but as I got older I lost a lot of swing speed. I went from 110 mph with the driver to now only about 80 mph. My drives went from 290-310 to 190 or so. I had 3 back surgeries which also contributed to the decline. I was a custom club builder for 30 years and know pretty much what works for me.

Cobra F Max, I need help getting the shot up in the air. When I was younger I searched for ways to not hit it so high but as I got older I lost a lot of swing speed. I went from 110 mph with the driver to now only about 80 mph. My drives went from 290-310 to 190 or so. I had 3 back surgeries which also contributed to the decline. I was a custom club builder for 30 years and know pretty much what works for me.

Gotcha.
The wider sole on these, really showed their promise in early testing. In fact speed profile similar to what you are playing now.

A couple of in hand angles of the ZX7.

@Jman another beauty article. Everytime you put one of these out I find myself wanting to place an order

Can’t wait to see what the aftermarket shafts are for these.

Can’t wait to see what the aftermarket shafts are for these.
For sure on this!!!!! Cost is always key, last round they had upcharge for most shafts. This is one way Mizuno excels is the no charge for a bunch of upgrade shafts.

For sure on this!!!!! Cost is always key, last round they had upcharge for most shafts. This is one way Mizuno excels is the no charge for a bunch of upgrade shafts.

Even with the upcharge it was a pretty robust lineup, I prefer non but if you offer a ton (see right shaft), I’ll have an OEM build for me

Even with the upcharge it was a pretty robust lineup, I prefer non but if you offer a ton (see right shaft), I’ll have an OEM build for me
Agree for sure.
I have been playing Recoils for quite a few years now, but would have no problem going with a set up Modus 105 or some C-Taper Lites. :) Just a matter of 5 or 7 at this point, forgiveness or workability.

Agree for sure.
I have been playing Recoils for quite a few years now, but would have no problem going with a set up Modus 105 or some C-Taper Lites. :) Just a matter of 5 or 7 at this point, forgiveness or workability.

Blended set.

Grab a UT or two some 5 action in the mid irons and 7s in the scoring irons maybe some zipcore love in the wedges or even try the set AW.

Would be edge of my seat reading that write-up from you.

I can’t wait to try these, great review per usual. Question, has anyone heard if the ZX4 will be releasing at the same time in January? A ZX4/ZX5 combo may suit my game a bit better. I need all the help I can get in long irons

Blended set.

Grab a UT or two some 5 action in the mid irons and 7s in the scoring irons maybe some zipcore love in the wedges or even try the set AW.

Would be edge of my seat reading that write-up from you.
The set AW was amazing in the 765's, probably the best set AW ever IMO.
So let me get this right:
ZX5 5-6
ZX7 7-PW
ZipCore 50/54/58
:golf2:
I will have to pass on the UT irons, I've gotten used to the hybrids.

The set AW was amazing in the 765's, probably the best set AW ever IMO.
So let me get this right:
ZX5 5-6
ZX7 7-PW
ZipCore 50/54/58
:golf2:
I will have to pass on the UT irons, I've gotten used to the hybrids.

Nailed it (really bummed the Z UT doesn't come in the 5i)

Based on your comment about the set AW maybe drop the 50 Zip Core and put the AW in, even go ZX5 5-7 ZX7 8-AW (with ZX7 AW bent 1* weak) then Zip Core in 54/58

Nailed it (really bummed the Z UT doesn't come in the 5i)

Based on your comment about the set AW maybe drop the 50 Zip Core and put the AW in, even go ZX5 5-7 ZX7 8-AW (with ZX7 AW bent 1* weak) then Zip Core in 54/58
That would be a sick setup!!!!!
Preorder in Jan :unsure:

Agreed, best part about a 1/6 preorder - plenty of time to change it up :cool::cool::cool:
I already have a call into Golf USA in Manhattan KS to let me know when the fitting cart comes in with the new stuff. Definitely want to hit them before jumping the gun.

These are a great looking iron! Is the blade length similar to previous Srixon irons? They seemed to be longer than most other companies.

I already have a call into Golf USA in Manhattan KS to let me know when the fitting cart comes in with the new stuff. Definitely want to hit them before jumping the gun.

You're a freaking rockstar!

Great write-up @Jman, I absolutely love the look of these Srixon irons (and have drooled over their irons for a few years now).

Back