Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Nice write up @Jman!

I will admit. Initially, I felt like they took a step backwards with this line from an aesthetics perspective. The 745 were perfection. The 765 and 785 were respectable. And these seemed just off in my eyes. Of course, that is all based off the initial impression that a few pictures on the internet can provide. I wouldn't be a golf nerd if I didn't get too caught up in that though :)

Ever since the initial pics, I never paid these much attention. But, I have to admit, the pics in the article really showed them in a new light for me. These are some sexy irons, I must admit. Plus, AI driven design in a forged players club is pretty impressive.

Having played vsole before I'm the Z965, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a firm believer in it.

I'm not necessarily in the market this year. I'm not not in the market though. Again, the inner golf nerd never rests when new and shiny releases come out. These look to be a solid option. I'll give them a try for sure at some point before next Spring.

Agree for sure.
I have been playing Recoils for quite a few years now, but would have no problem going with a set up Modus 105 or some C-Taper Lites. :) Just a matter of 5 or 7 at this point, forgiveness or workability.
What do you need forgiveness for? Last time I played with you I don't think you missed the center of the club face.

What do you need forgiveness for? Last time I played with you I don't think you missed the center of the club face.
Always good to have on those off days. Not getting any younger. ;)

Nah, a combo of the ZX7 and Z-Forged would be fine for you Snickers

Nah, a combo of the ZX7 and Z-Forged would be fine for you Snickers
Now that would be an amazing combo!!!!! I think those days are past Doc. :drinks:

Now that would be an amazing combo!!!!! I think those days are past Doc. :drinks:
You can handle them with your ability :golf2:

I still love my Z785 and Z-Forged combo but never expected to be fit to them when I had that fitting - they are just so easy to hit and I expect that these new clubs are just as good if not better

Oh, c’mon!!! Just when I have never been happier with my bag headed into the off-season, I read this review... Y’all really testing my willpower.

Like others, with the releases elsewhere, I have seen the stock photos and read some marketing materials. But these photos are 10x better (seriously, stunning), and the review by @Jman is far more informative.

I played the 565s for two seasons and the 585s for a short time. I loved the feel of both, but I thought they were a bit punitive off the toe. Given my inability to find the center of the face consistently, I’m super intrigued by the tech story going on here. And I think this is the best looking 5 series yet. Having finally ventured into combo sets (Apex!), I can only imagine how much fun a combo zx set would be. Srixon really does do irons well.

04137410-29AA-443E-B62B-834F8DA71264.jpeg

I noticed that too the last time we played, but I didn't want to say anything 🤣🤣🤣

Just when I was content with my 965/765/565 combo set you have to write this and bring doubt and desire into the equation and have me pondering new irons during my off-season. Thanks a lot @Jman

Just when I was content with my 965/765/565 combo set you have to write this and bring doubt and desire into the equation and have me pondering new irons during my off-season. Thanks a lot @Jman
Happy to help! ;)

Great write up. Really enjoy the look of these. I’m happy with my bag but I’ll definitely try to hit them next spring!

Great write up JMan!
I made the move to Srixon when the 535s first came out and have been playing the 565s. The new Srixons will be on my short list for 2021

These are some darn good looking irons!

Great write up JMan!
I made the move to Srixon when the 535s first came out and have been playing the 565s. The new Srixons will be on my short list for 2021
I think after people hit them, there will be a great many upgrades from the previous 5 and 7 series clubs. They’re just so well done.

Great write up @Jman! Solid numbers from both lineups.... spin numbers make sense of mats
Wonder how the sound/feel is particularly

been with srixon irons since I701s as my first set of irons (after big box set) then upgraded to the 765s which I am playing today. Awesome set of two very powerful clubs here in the Zx7 and Zx5. Wonder if the combo is the way to go for this set. love the look and feel of the 7 series.

been with srixon irons since I701s as my first set of irons (after big box set) then upgraded to the 765s which I am playing today. Awesome set of two very powerful clubs here in the Zx7 and Zx5. Wonder if the combo is the way to go for this set. love the look and feel of the 7 series.
I went combo in my 565/765 set and it was a great fit for me. I could hit the 4-6i 565 with confidence, and score well with the 765's. If I did a combo set again, I would consider going more forgiving up to the 7i though. That would be my only change.

Great write up @Jman! Solid numbers from both lineups.... spin numbers make sense of mats
Wonder how the sound/feel is particularly
Thank you! I tried to address that in the article, they won’t disappoint anyone in terms of feel(sound)

I’m going to be curious how they blend and what adjustments need to be made, since I was able to review the same two clubs from each set it was nice to see the differences in speed and carry of the two. Taking one set weak or the other a touch strong might be the blending ticket.

Back