New guy from the Netherlands checking in

davidy48

Reaction score
Hi guys, just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm a Brit expat living in Rotterdam, Netherlands, 72 years old, been playing for about 40 years. Lowest handicap ever 7, now hacking it round off 10 but still enjoying mediocrity, short knocker ( 200-220 yards ) but straight, decent short game, member of a lovely but very notoriously tricky shortish course which suits my game perfectly. Love experimenting and have been through pretty much every swing style you can think of ( plus some you've probably never heard of ), finally settled on S+T. Regard every round as an experiment both physically and mentally - for the last 2 years been following a lady called Jayne Storey's Tai chi-based mental approach to the game and really love it, Tried for 2 years to make sidesaddle putting work and remain convinced it's the best and most logical method, so will go back again in 2021 !

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP sir!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!!

Welkom bij THP! :welcome:

welcome. Here is the place to chat it up about all the different experimenting! good chance a lot of us have done or are thinking the same things!

Welcome aboard!

:welcome:

Welcome. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP

Happy to have you with us, sir!!!

Welkom bij THP!

Being new to the game, every round is a series of experiments for me, as well. Things like "I wonder what'll happen if I do this?" or "Well, I gotta learn how to hit this club some day" is often heard from me :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to THP. I haven't heard stack and tilt mentioned for a while... but that's ok because I live under a rock:ROFLMAO: figuratively speaking

Welcome to THP!

Welkom!

Played and traveled in and around your country when I was an Army doc and had a NATO assignment. Loved it and wish you great golfing and every other success.

Welcome!! This is such a great place with great people!! You'll get sucked in fast! Enjoy the ride!! It's a fun one!!

Welcome to the fun!

Welkom! My brother in law lives near Rotterdam and if we ever get back over there when this Covid thing abates, I'd love to play a round with you there.

Welcome to THP!

Back