Humidor/Cigar recommendations

I don't usually have enough cigars on hand to "age" them too long. However, from what I've read, most cigars benefit from sitting awhile in a good humidor. It isn't unusual for some cigar smokers to keep their cigars 2-3 years and more to get some age and "bloom" on them.

I've kept some cigars for over a year, and noticed they are definitely better than right OTT (off the truck).

Is there an expiration date for cigars? How long could you store one in a good humidor and preserve the quality?

I have a 50 count that I received as a gift, but I can't keep the humidity high enough. It is very dry here though. I'm now looking for a higher quality 20 count, as I don't smoke that many cigars, especially in the winter. My local shop has these Lamborghini 20-count humidors, anyone know anything about them?

Cigars will last for many, many, many years in proper conditions (generally 60-70 % humidity and temps in the mid 60s). I've smoked cigars as old as 100 years and they were still tasty. What humidity level are you at?

The aging question was just out of curiosity. I generally run a FIFO inventory system, so I don't have anything older than six months or so.

Humidity has been an issue, so I am looking for a better/smaller humidor. A quality 20-count would be ideal for me.

The aging question was just out of curiosity. I generally run a FIFO inventory system, so I don't have anything older than six months or so.

Humidity has been an issue, so I am looking for a better/smaller humidor. A quality 20-count would be ideal for me.

I would just go with a hard shell travel case if only storing 20-50 cigars.

That awesome piece of work is going to take a fortune to fill!

It was pretty much filled before it got built. :) Had 2 vinos at home full and 2 lockers at the store full. Didn't want to buy another vino or get another locker, so logical choice was this. A couple pics with the cigars in there.

Great looking walk-in, but I don't recongnize some of those boxes.

i buy from cheaphumidors.com, was spectical it first but since then have bought a travel case and a Home box. my Deskbox is in my sig. unbeatable prices, custom engraving and they ship fast.

Looks like you have an awful lot of humidifaction in there. What is the yellow covering on the cigars?

That walk in is awesome! Dont really smoke cigars, but wanted to comment on how cool that looks.

Looks like you have an awful lot of humidifaction in there. What is the yellow covering on the cigars?

lol, the foam humi doesnt really work too well so i wanted to make sure they get what they need. my hygrometer reads 69. there the tubos that the Siglo VI came in. i didnt want to take them out nor did i want to leave outside so i just took the cap off to get some ventilation. I picked up a few non-cuban cigars yesterday to include the Brick House Robusto which was #17 in the top 25 of 2010 list that came out by CigarAficionado. as well as some A. Fuente's that have a 90rating.

I need advice on where to buy Cuban cigars from. I don' t have any suppliers for those in my country and don't know if my country customs would allow online buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need advice on where to buy Cuban cigars from. I don' t have any suppliers for those in my country and don't know if my country customs would allow online buy.
Once again, it is illegal to purchase Cuban Cigars if you are a US resident. If you live outside the US there are several online vendors you can use. Make sure you are aware of your country's customs laws as there may be taxes associated with the shipment.

Back