Somebody help this man!

We played Sedona Golf Resort on Tuesday. 80 degrees, sunny, no wind. Best day of the year. We will go back on Saturday, then over Thanksgiving will stay at the Wigwam for three days and play the Gold and Red courses (we have a tee time for the Blue on Thanksgiving day but with the big buffet crowds that day will probably cancel and just hang out. Then to Wickenburg to play Wickenburg Ranch on Sunday. Love Arizona golf this time of year!

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Time to resurrect this thread now that we're getting into the best part of the year. We're playing Elephant Rocks this weekend, Los Caballeros in two weeks and all three Wigwam courses over Thanksgiving. We have never played in Wickenburg or at Wigwam, so it should be fun if we can miss the worst of the reseeding schedule!

Wick Ranch is top 3 public for sure! Keep it in play.

Should switch up a Wigwam round or two for Verrado - same price, but the Verrado courses are 20x the courses Wigwam are.

Heading down to Phoenix next weekend and had a question for you guys. We're considering 36 one day and was wondering what is the latest tee time you can usually get 18 in? I checked and saw sunset was around 545.

Dark is setting in about 5:30ish - I walked off the course today at 5:35 and I maybe could have got 1 more hole in. So my general rec is to not book anything past 1 and expect to finish with certainty. Pace of play is so sketchy - you could have a 4hr round or a 5hr round.

Should switch up a Wigwam round or two for Verrado - same price, but the Verrado courses are 20x the courses Wigwam are.
I will look into Verrado. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Looking into Southern Dunes, Sunridge Canyon and one other at this point.

Some friendly advice - skip Sunridge, unless you are set on it. It is such a bad course start to finish. Eagle Mountain across the way is way better. But in general there are way better choices.

Southern Dunes would be one of the best!

I would consider Verde River for the last one - a good course and one of the best patios and food for the 19th hole.

Another option, but a longer drive is the Verrado courses - they have some nice pricing now compared to other courses.
I will look into Verrado. Thanks for the recommendation!

Here is a deal for Verrado if you decide to do it: https://www.underpar.com/courses/verrado-golf-club

BTW, the Red Course is in horrid shape as of last week - so keep that in mind.

Dark is setting in about 5:30ish - I walked off the course today at 5:35 and I maybe could have got 1 more hole in. So my general rec is to not book anything past 1 and expect to finish with certainty. Pace of play is so sketchy - you could have a 4hr round or a 5hr round.
It depends on the day of week, but I don’t plan on a round being done in 4 hours out here. 4.5 hours on the weekend is often pushing it. I often will play quicker at some courses, but not the nicer courses where visitors play.

It depends on the day of week, but I don’t plan on a round being done in 4 hours out here. 4.5 hours on the weekend is often pushing it. I often will play quicker at some courses, but not the nicer courses where visitors play.

It just depends - I finished in 345 today (Legacy); I finished in 440 Monday(Papago); finished in 400 on Sunday(Wekopa)

It just depends - I finished in 345 today (Legacy); I finished in 440 Monday(Papago); finished in 400 on Sunday(Wekopa)
I agree that you can play in under 4 hours, but I just don’t plan on it on a weekend if I am going to be racing the sun. I have plenty in Arccos under 4 hrs on weekends, but there are a number of 4:15-4:30 rounds in there as well

OK, thanks! Now our plans over Thanksgiving weekend are the Gold course at Wigwam on Friday, Victory course at Verrado on Saturday and Wickenburg Ranch on Sunday.

OK, thanks! Now our plans over Thanksgiving weekend are the Gold course at Wigwam on Friday, Victory course at Verrado on Saturday and Wickenburg Ranch on Sunday.

That sounds like a fantastic lineup. Have a great time!

I'm hiding in your suitcase (don't tell my wife). (y)

Excellent rota!! You will enjoy those three...all totally different with some great shots!!

I don't care what tees you have been playing all day at Victory. You have to play 18 off the tips or 1 up. It would be a shame to miss that tee shot.

Moving to the Phoenix area soon. I see a lot of courses have resident rates. Are these for residents of AZ? I've also seen some passes like Acris golf that has 6 courses. Are any of these passes worthwhile? Any and all information is helpful. Thanks!

Moving to the Phoenix area soon. I see a lot of courses have resident rates. Are these for residents of AZ? I've also seen some passes like Acris golf that has 6 courses. Are any of these passes worthwhile? Any and all information is helpful. Thanks!
Yes, residents of AZ so get your new I.D., pronto. Also, we have an AZ THP League that plays all over the state once a month. You can find the details down below.

AZ THP LEAGUE

Contact @Wildcat4life if you're interested in joining us. (y)

The Arcis is not worth it at all - 1 good course with 5 bad ones.

The best passes are the Wekopa Pass, Troon Card, City Pass. The other good ones but expensive is Grayhawks or TPC passes.

I have the Arcis Prime deal. I live 8 minutes from one of the courses. If you use a range a lot and play 4 times a month it is with in imo. Some of the 6 courses are not the best. But the Raven is really good.

Thanks for the info so far. Honestly I will probably be using a courses practice facility/range much more than actually playing. That why I the acris thing piqued my interest. Any other known practice/range memberships out there. Even with particular courses.

I don't care what tees you have been playing all day at Victory. You have to play 18 off the tips or 1 up. It would be a shame to miss that tee shot.
Here is our review: We stayed at the Wigwam Resort for three nights in a casita right on the Blue course #1 hole, loved it! Great food at Litchfield's.We played the Gold course and it was fine. Crowded practice facilities and slow play, but we played with two great local guys that made it very enjoyable. Then we played at Verrado Victory course and it was OK, but not ready for prime time, IMHO. Wished we would have played at the Founder's course. Today we played at Wickenburg Ranch and it is easily one of our all time favorites! First rate in any and all measures.

All in all, it has been a wonderful golf vacation. Staying in Wickenburg tonight and going back to Flag tomorrow and will play Oakcreek next weekend, weather permitting.

Oh, down at this altitude and being a little tired, the tips on the 18th at the Victory course was beyond my meager ability. At the next one down, I hit a little right and was 20' short of making it to the fairway.

And so goes my golf adventure because my young child bride beat me on each course, I have taught her too well! I am very proud of her!

Here is our review: We stayed at the Wigwam Resort for three nights in a casita right on the Blue course #1 hole, loved it! Great food at Litchfield's.We played the Gold course and it was fine. Crowded practice facilities and slow play, but we played with two great local guys that made it very enjoyable. Then we played at Verrado Victory course and it was OK, but not ready for prime time, IMHO. Wished we would have played at the Founder's course. Today we played at Wickenburg Ranch and it is easily one of our all time favorites! First rate in any and all measures.

All in all, it has been a wonderful golf vacation. Staying in Wickenburg tonight and going back to Flag tomorrow and will play Oakcreek next weekend, weather permitting.

Oh, down at this altitude and being a little tired, the tips on the 18th at the Victory course was beyond my meager ability. At the next one down, I hit a little right and was 20' short of making it to the fairway.

And so goes my golf adventure because my young child bride beat me on each course, I have taught her too well! I am very proud of her!

What was wrong with Verrado?

What was wrong with Verrado?
We played the Victory course. The front 9 is a new housing development and in the preliminary, ugly excavation stage. Rough, rocky cart paths that were uncomfortable, the mountain scenery was glorious but the course was too immature. It has potential in the couple years time frame. Just the two of us in our group with zero local knowledge and the on-course directions were meager. Also, the "club house" setup was minimal. The back nine was a little better and more mature but every other house is under construction, it seemed. The course was overall OK, but pretty dry and thin. When it builds out it will be better but overall, immature for now. Compared to other desert courses in the area, it just left us less than impressed. At least they had AZ resident discounts, otherwise the standard rates would not be acceptable. We would like to play the Founder's course on our next visit. Their facilities were much nicer and looked much more mature.

We played the Victory course. The front 9 is a new housing development and in the preliminary, ugly excavation stage. Rough, rocky cart paths that were uncomfortable, the mountain scenery was glorious but the course was too immature. It has potential in the couple years time frame. Just the two of us in our group with zero local knowledge and the on-course directions were meager. Also, the "club house" setup was minimal. The back nine was a little better and more mature but every other house is under construction, it seemed. The course was overall OK, but pretty dry and thin. When it builds out it will be better but overall, immature for now. Compared to other desert courses in the area, it just left us less than impressed. At least they had AZ resident discounts, otherwise the standard rates would not be acceptable. We would like to play the Founder's course on our next visit. Their facilities were much nicer and looked much more mature.

Interesting. You're literally the first person I have heard give the victory course a "egh" review. I have played there multiple times and it was always prestine. I wonder if they had a bad seeding or something.

Back