Titleist TSi Driver Review

I really like and agree with this description. It just sort of makes you feel like you are a real player (even though I am not).
It frames the ball nicely and the fairly straight face appearance feels easy to align. The fsce pattern also makes it look like it has a touch more loft, which me thinks is confidence inspiring.

It frames the ball nicely and the fairly straight face appearance feels easy to align. The fsce pattern also makes it look like it has a touch more loft, which me thinks is confidence inspiring.
Agreed about the extra loft look. Really comforting to see what looks like extra loft. The 8* head even looked very playable.

Agreed about the extra loft look. Really comforting to see what looks like extra loft. The 8* head even looked very playable.
The only place it throws me off is with the fw. I cracked the face on the 16.5 and I think I might swap for a 15 degree when the new one comes in.

The only place it throws me off is with the fw. I cracked the face on the 16.5 and I think I might swap for a 15 degree when the new one comes in.
Agreed again there. I had to drop to the 13.5 from the 15.

This is also my first time every trying a 10° driver. I've been playing 9° since I started playing golf. Really, really excited.
Do you only buy 9 degree drivers because you assume that is the best/only loft for you?
I feel like modern drivers really demand more loft. Of course....this depends on the user.

My 2 goes in the bag tomorrow. I really like the look of the 3 better, but this is the one that appeared on my doorstep. Never hit a Ventus blue shaft before, so We shall see how it goes. Pretty excited based on what I've been reading here.

did you get fit?

Do you mind me asking what launch monitor you were on? Holy smokes at 320 carry.
Edit: had to look it up, the GC2

It was a great move having the high end shafts on the shelf at stores. Not many companies put those out there without ordering. The 3 looked very good from address.

Do you only buy 9 degree drivers because you assume that is the best/only loft for you?
I feel like modern drivers really demand more loft. Of course....this depends on the user.
No I just stuck with what I play well with. Current driver is an epic flash at 9. Works well.

Ultimately there will (most likely) be an Oban Tour Limited in the head. It really is a spectacular shaft for me.
All that tells me is that you aren’t a good shaft designer? You designed your own and don’t use it?

All that tells me is that you aren’t a good shaft designer? You designed your own and don’t use it?
No, I told you in another thread that the paint job is virtually destroyed at the tip. I didn't want to ruin it, so that shaft became a wall hanger. It's a great shaft, but I'm not willing to risk its life.

No, I told you in another thread that the paint job is virtually destroyed at the tip. I didn't want to ruin it, so that shaft became a wall hanger. It's a great shaft, but I'm not willing to risk its life.
You got two like everybody else in the event didn’t you?

Was able to hit my TSi2 at the range moments ago. Its freezing and really windy in Ny today. Couple that with very little practice, but I needed to see how my setup would feel.

I’m not married to what I’m going to say here. The conditions and lack of practice inevitably lead to inconsistent swings.
My results and inclinations are not unexpected. I didn’t hit it great, but not terribly either, considering. The Ventus blue is a pretty unique shaft. For a handle yanker like me, it may not be the best. I need to work on that though. Iwonder a bit if the Ventus black 6S would be better for me. Will see how it goes when I can play again. Good news is I have other great shafts to test in it and I know the RDX 6.0 was brilliant in it.

Lastly, I recently bought a used TS2 7 wood to mess with and I hit that for the first time. I stuck a backup Aldila tour blue 7X in it. It wowed me. I hit 5 balls in a row that were very consistent in flight. Could be a fun club...

Any reason why you went for the Blue over the Red? I remember you had liked the Red previously.

The Black is definitely still an intriguing idea.

@JB how much of a difference you think the GC2 to the Quad is as far as what it was saying for me?

@JB how much of a difference you think the GC2 to the Quad is as far as what it was saying for me?
No idea, but both are the same system. One uses more cameras and has HMT built in, but numbers are always spot on with the two when we test side by side

Any reason why you went for the Blue over the Red? I remember you had liked the Red previously.

The Black is definitely still an intriguing idea.
Titleist doesn’t offer the Red in X from what I was told. I figured it was a bit of a shot to go with the Blue. Will see how it goes. I did hit a few beauties, so could well be the immense rust and freezing cold...

Titleist doesn’t offer the Red in X from what I was told. I figured it was a bit of a shot to go with the Blue. Will see how it goes. I did hit a few beauties, so could well be the immense rust and freezing cold...
Makes complete sense.

Makes complete sense.
One other thing I just learned. Titleist has a different adapter for the driver to the fws! Lol. I had no idea. I inadvertently put a fw tip on my AD IZ which is intended for the driver... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

One other thing I just learned. Titleist has a different adapter for the driver to the fws! Lol. I had no idea. I inadvertently put a fw tip on my AD IZ which is intended for the driver... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Yeah I saw that when I switched them out. Never knew that.

Now makes me wonder how did Callaway holdout on gen2 and gen3 optifit for so long. Hybrids were prior gen Big Bertha and FWs were epic flash. Surefit is since the 913.

Back