Cobra RADSPEED Drivers

They did not alter any shaft tech according to Jose during our pre line call.
Very cool. Love the Riptide line

I have not had success with the last two Cobra drivers, significant spin issues. I hope that this one can at least get past initial testing and into some more in depth testing.

I have not had success with the last two Cobra drivers, significant spin issues. I hope that this one can at least get past initial testing and into some more in depth testing.
The Speed is showing to be pretty low spin in every review I’ve seen so far.

The Speed is showing to be pretty low spin in every review I’ve seen so far.
I hope it works out that it is, I liked the look of the SZ but it was around 800 rpm higher than every other head for me.

Wow. Great write up @Canadan . Still processing, but after wanting to like Cobras last couple offerings and them falling just short on performance for me, I'm really excited to get my hands on a Speed. Lots of new innovation and the Motore combo could be real good. That Riptide CB is gonna play great for a lot of people too. That shaft is a game changer for certain swings.

Love the story behind the tech and changes, and how Cobra makes something their mission and goes all out to accomplish it. Would kill to see a video mashup of ideas getting thrown around behind closed doors at Cobra. Just feels like it'd be a cool process to get a peek at.

Guess I'm going to have a lot of review videos to watch tonight too. Better go get a nice dessert to butter up the wife for that. :LOL:

Seriously looking forward to hitting these next month. Like the idea of the Speed with the weight back, Riptide CB. And obviously blue head.

They did not alter any shaft tech according to Jose during our pre line call.
That makes these drivers an even more incredible value, if it's real deal shafts. The shafts cost $275-$300 by themselves if you buy one off the wall. Cobra is really putting together one of the most complete lineups.

Once again, I’m all in on giving Cobra a go at the driver spot, THIS IS THE YEAR!

The F9 has worked out so well for me these last 21 months, I'm not sure I can get rid of it. But I am certainly going to let the RAD Speed give it a run for its money. I love the infinity face and I'm all in on the neon green. Surprisingly, I'm not a huge fan of the blue, but glad there are options! I certainly seem to be in the minority on that one.

Cobra's advertising dollars are targeted effectively. I was just served a full length 30 second King Tour MIM irons ad as a preview to the TXG RadSpeed video. Perfect 🎯

I can't get this driver out of my head.

Standard for the low spin performance, or XB for the forgiveness and balance.. Oof... I'm so pumped to hit them.

Ugh. The TXG video just annoyed me. They talk about how past ones aren't very good higher on the face, the exact reason they're not for me, and the one that Matt hits higher on the face (3rd maybe) is the ONE they edit out the numbers on to go right to the next shot. tf?

Excellent write-up @Canadan , what’s not to get excited about with this driver, just looks spectacular from any angle and the peacoat....the shaft options....my oh my!

I can't get this driver out of my head.

Standard for the low spin performance, or XB for the forgiveness and balance.. Oof... I'm so pumped to hit them.
I enjoyed your write up on this one Dan, well done. It's weird that I'm battling between those two also. Usually I want to play the lower spin version but that XB model looks really good too and that added forgiveness is probably too much to pass up. I'm hoping our local store gets a few shaft options to play around with when they come in to compare the two.

I enjoyed your write up on this one Dan, well done. It's weird that I'm battling between those two also. Usually I want to play the lower spin version but that XB model looks really good too and that added forgiveness is probably too much to pass up. I'm hoping our local store gets a few shaft options to play around with when they come in to compare the two.
They way they talked about XB, it's almost like it's not something you want to give up.

They way they talked about XB, it's almost like it's not something you want to give up.
And I'm wondering if I would really need to? It seems like the XB may possibly get me where I want to be spin wise, especially if I get some shaft options to tinker with.

Yeah but... Which one?!
Standard without blinking. Ya boy needs low spin nowadays, and that’s where I’ve struggled in recent years with my Cobra driver trysts.

They both look absolutely fantastic! That blue though...is phenomenal!

Back