2011 Bridgestone E6 Golf Ball Review

Played today with the 2011 e6 yellow ball. I was very impressed how they moved off the tee, despite a very gusty wind today. They were also good around the green and had a nice feel coming off the putter. I will continue to play them some here in the next few weeks until warm weather kicks in full time and I can go to B-330 RX full time. I have played the yellow ones and really like them and got two sleeves in the white Saturday. More reviews on both as I play them!

Great review, Ive gone back to the E6 as of yesterday, took a sleeve out today, unfortunately 3 of them didnt last my the whole round, but thought I was making solid contact with them, was hard to judge distance with the freaking wind

There must be a shortage, Golf Smith was out of the e6, today Academy only had the yellow e6. I am hoping the Academy near my office has a box, else I am playing the yellow ball.

Great review Ryan! I love the E6, even though I am using and fitted for the RX!

It's a high quality, affordable 2nd ball for me!

I loved the Orange e6 that i played in the winter, before my enforced lay-off through injury, it seems to help with a fade and as you can see from the photo below was good in the frost and snow!!

frostygolf3.jpg

.. looking forward to the dual dimple 2011's arriving here in the UK. Think perhaps white or yellow for the summer!

I played the orange e6 for the first time this weekend and I loved the color much more than I expected to. It just shines against the green grass. Maybe not the best during the fall, but it was very, very easy to see.

Great ball, I have been hitting the yellow for the past couple of months and I am looking forward to getting on to the 2011 model. Thanks for the review Ryan!

I played the orange e6 for the first time this weekend and I loved the color much more than I expected to. It just shines against the green grass. Maybe not the best during the fall, but it was very, very easy to see.

I actually played with an orange e6 yesterday after seeing your in the bottom of the cup from Friday. It looked so bright sitting there, I felt I needed to see what they looked like on the course. I agree with you on the ease of seeing the ball, it was very easy to see off the tee and to locate down the fairway. I might go pick up a few more dozen in the orange.

I actually played with an orange e6 yesterday after seeing your in the bottom of the cup from Friday. It looked so bright sitting there, I felt I needed to see what they looked like on the course. I agree with you on the ease of seeing the ball, it was very easy to see off the tee and to locate down the fairway. I might go pick up a few more dozen in the orange.

Honestly, I probably never would have tried them out of a preference for the white or yellow, but they were surprisingly nice.

Great review. I have played alot of the older e6's for sometime now and have bee pretty impressed. I need to put these in my bag soon , give them a try and see how the next step in the e6's evolution perform.

Played again today with the 2011 e6 and am growing more and more impressed with how it plays. I compared it to the B-330 RX and the RX outdrove the e6 by only a couple of yards, but enjoyed using the yellow ball in the e6. So much easier to see!

Played the 2010 E6 yesterday. Will get the 2011 very soon. I was impressed with the ball of irons and woods. Great feel. Around the greens, very different from the Z Stars I usually use. Looking forward to using them when the winds aren't howling. No way to tell if sidespin is reduced when 40 mile an hour winds are blowing across the hole.

Good review Hawk.
Last season I tried a lot of different balls (including the e6 and e7), before finally deciding on Callaway's tour i(z). When things got cold last fall, I needed to switch to a ball that was easier to compress, so I tried another dozen of Bridgestone's e6. The other attraction to the e6 was to try the high-visibility colors.
My opinion: Overall I like the (2010) e6. It feels like it may be little too easy to compress for me at times (at normal temperatures), and the cover definitely feels (and plays) slippery; but the straight flight technology is legit. If this ball helps you place the ball more accurately 150+ out, it just might be better for your game than the ability to check the ball quickly. That being said... I definitely have to approach the greens differently with this ball than the Cally tour; but it's not like I can't score with it. You just need to plan on rolling up to the pin instead of landing closer to it.
The revelation for me is the yellow color. I absolutely love it. I almost don't want to play a white ball again!
On the looks of the 2011 cover... I really like it. I like how the larger dimples are flat. I will be interested to see how well the aerodynamics work in practice.

I might have to start getting the orange ones if they dont cut the freaking rough at my club, between the high grass and the balls plugging, its been a pain thus far

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I do think that this is a great winter ball, especially if the greens are fairly soft. One thing regarding holding greens that I've noticed is as my trajectory has gone up, I've had a much easier time stopping the ball quickly on iron shots. A thinned shot will be a goner, but I don't think that's exlusive to any type of ball.

Good review Hawk.
Last season I tried a lot of different balls (including the e6 and e7), before finally deciding on Callaway's tour i(z). When things got cold last fall, I needed to switch to a ball that was easier to compress, so I tried another dozen of Bridgestone's e6. The other attraction to the e6 was to try the high-visibility colors.
My opinion: Overall I like the (2010) e6. It feels like it may be little too easy to compress for me at times (at normal temperatures), and the cover definitely feels (and plays) slippery; but the straight flight technology is legit. If this ball helps you place the ball more accurately 150+ out, it just might be better for your game than the ability to check the ball quickly. That being said... I definitely have to approach the greens differently with this ball than the Cally tour; but it's not like I can't score with it. You just need to plan on rolling up to the pin instead of landing closer to it.
The revelation for me is the yellow color. I absolutely love it. I almost don't want to play a white ball again!
On the looks of the 2011 cover... I really like it. I like how the larger dimples are flat. I will be interested to see how well the aerodynamics work in practice.

IF I get to play this weekend, I am going to play the front nine with the Bridgestone and the back nine with either Srixon ZStars or Titleist ProV1x. It should be an interesting comparison. I've always used Titleist NXT Tours. I have never used a ProV1x or the Srixon. I used the old e6s without the dual dimple tech.

Titleist SoLo has been kicked out of the bag in favor of the 2011 E6. Picked up a sleeve and I can't see a reason to carry the Titleists any more. Feel was great off the irons, hybrids, and woods. Courses are so wet out here anything sticks to the green so I can't say if the E6 will leap frog the Z Stars. My only round with the 2010 model was in brutal winds and cold so I can't fairly compare a 2010 to a 2011 E6.

Originally I thought a golf ball couldn't straighten out a crooked shot. On the first hole my drive was heading a bit left, not a hook, closer to a draw. As soon as it started tracking left it did a funny thing in the air, almost like a knuckle ball pitch, and straightened out. Was the weirdest thing and I love being proved wrong. A hook will still be a hook and a slice a slice. But the E6 does seem to help keep sidespin down.

And there goes the last bit of Titleist from my bag. I used to be all Titleist. Would have drunk Titleist beer if someone brewed it. My how things change.

I lost four e6's today, one in the drink and two OB....and one got stolen from the fairway!

I was really impressed with the 2011 e6, even found a yellow 2010 e6 the other day and they both were impressive. I am going to use the e6 yellow here in the spring and fall while the weather is cool and the grass is coming into shape. I will likely go to the yellow B 330 RX when the weather warms up.

The E6 works great for me, night and day difference from any other ball I tried.
Mr. E6 got rid of my fade off the tee which always put me in the right side 1st cut rough or into the rough!
I'm right down the center and got a few more yards too!

So I just used this ball for an entire round. I've used it before (for a few holes) and new it was a great ball, but it really impressed me today. It was phenomenal off the tee, it putter well, and it worked really well with my wedge game. I bought another box of the orange balls after my round. I loved the orange color and it helped me see my ball flight better.

Glad to see so many people are enjoying this ball.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was playing last years version of the E6. But the box that I did pick up was the new dimple in dimple.

Picked up a few of the 2011 e6's at a failed bridgestone ball fitting, I had some luck in an earlier round with the 2010 e6, looking forward to putting these to the test next time I can get out.

Picked up a few of the 2011 e6's at a failed bridgestone ball fitting, I had some luck in an earlier round with the 2010 e6, looking forward to putting these to the test next time I can get out.

How did the ball fitting fail? Too busy? Cancelled?

Back