One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

I figured maybe another OEM might see the growing popularity and want a piece of that market. They seem to be expanding beyond being a niche product.
Still need someone to market it, and right now the only guy that can do it is Bryson

Good question and yes and no. I did during my fitting, but have not since building my set but probably will soon.

Impact was similar on short irons and better on long irons. What is interesting is that based on efficiency I am not losing anything across the board, but actually gaining overall.
If, when you do some swings with impact tape may I ask you to post your thoughts on comparative patterns? I'm really intrigued that efficiency overall is better

I think that there is a better than evens chance that I will be in OL by this time next year. I've never hit them, never even really seriously considered it but this thread is selling me more with every read. Whether I go all in or a split set remains to be seen after the fitting but I think it will be happening....

What’s wrong with the profile of the Forged TEC?

nothing is wrong with it. They did a great job. Just no need for a distance iron for me.

If I’m reading correctly there doesn’t seem to be much of an adjustment period transitioning from VL to OL but I wonder if it would be harder from OL after a few years to going back to VL?

If I’m reading correctly there doesn’t seem to be much of an adjustment period transitioning from VL to OL but I wonder if it would be harder from OL after a few years to going back to VL?

Not sure. I have hopped around a bit as new stuff comes in with very little issue honestly.

Since one can order a set of OL irons in whatever length in which they feel most comfortable, does Cobra have a way to move mass around based on the desired club length, in order to keep the desired launch/spin/distance characteristics? If a club head is optimized to perform at a certain length (say 37") does going longer or shorter significantly affect performance as one deviates from that length? My concern would be the higher lofted clubs as shaft length increases (or conversely lower lofted clubs as shaft length decreases).

Since one can order a set of OL irons in whatever length in which they feel most comfortable, does Cobra have a way to move mass around based on the desired club length, in order to keep the desired launch/spin/distance characteristics? If a club head is optimized to perform at a certain length (say 37") does going longer or shorter significantly affect performance as one deviates from that length? My concern would be the higher lofted clubs as shaft length increases (or conversely lower lofted clubs as shaft length decreases).

See the home page article on RADSPEED and what they have done for swing weight. Pretty fantastic.

nothing is wrong with it. They did a great job. Just no need for a distance iron for me.
Honestly, this is my ONE hesitation for playing them. I’m hitting the Rad 7i 185-190 now, that’s absurd.

Honestly, this is my ONE hesitation for playing them. I’m hitting the Rad 7i 185-190 now, that’s absurd.

You played with the Forded TEC previously and those are available in One Length as well.

You played with the Forded TEC previously and those are available in One Length as well.
Yessir, and I moved from those because they were so long as well, granted only 180 :ROFLMAO:

Yessir, and I moved from those because they were so long as well, granted only 180 :ROFLMAO:
Being too long with my irons is a problem I'd love to have.

I would assume if one was pretty interested, they could bend them weaker if they chose and alleviate any spin issues they perceive as well.

a wise man once told you to add some loft to those

I would assume if one was pretty interested, they could bend them weaker if they chose and alleviate any spin issues they perceive as well.
Oh, I’m WAY beyond just interested at this point. It’s something I really and truly want to try, and commit to for a full year.

Oh, I’m WAY beyond just interested at this point. It’s something I really and truly want to try, and commit to for a full year.

bring in the one length wedges now.

Man. That’s the wild card. Do I dare go full on?

TO ME...going OL Wedges now become more interesting than just OL Irons. So I say YES

adjustments can be made for sure. I am simply saying I would prefer a profile more MIM and less tech..

TO ME...going OL Wedges now become more interesting than just OL Irons. So I say YES
This is a very valid point. :unsure:

adjustments can be made for sure. I am simply saying I would prefer a profile more MIM and less tech..
I just want the MIM feel over the Tec or RAD :ROFLMAO:

Being too long with my irons is a problem I'd love to have.
This was my thoughts as well.

Now that I'm playing all my wedges the same length I want to see what an 8 iron length wedge feels like. I was very hesitant to give one length a try in the past but with my long iron inconsistency these are on my mind

Per my last update, I wanted to talk a little bit about launch angles, because people had mentioned struggling with them in the past, me included. Not sure how it changed as much in RADSPEED or if I am a different golfer now, but the launch I am getting is where I want to be personally and seeing peak heights well into 95-105 feet, which is what I was with my last variable length set.

Here are two numbers, one with a 5 iron and one with a 8 iron and notice the high initial launch angle. These have been around what I am seeing, combined with the ball flight that is nice and high, which has led to descent angles that hold greens with no issue.

What it has given me is an even gapping throughout the bag which I have shared already.

So we have the speed I am looking for.
Spin which fits in its class well.
Launch to give me the ball flight desired
Gapping being 10-12 across the bag

Next update I will dive deeper into peak height and descent angle and why the package as a whole is working so well for me.

IMG_0978.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

Yeah. Each update gets me closer and closer...

Per my last update, I wanted to talk a little bit about launch angles, because people had mentioned struggling with them in the past, me included. Not sure how it changed as much in RADSPEED or if I am a different golfer now, but the launch I am getting is where I want to be personally and seeing peak heights well into 95-105 feet, which is what I was with my last variable length set.

Here are two numbers, one with a 5 iron and one with a 8 iron and notice the high initial launch angle. These have been around what I am seeing, combined with the ball flight that is nice and high, which has led to descent angles that hold greens with no issue.

What it has given me is an even gapping throughout the bag which I have shared already.

So we have the speed I am looking for.
Spin which fits in its class well.
Launch to give me the ball flight desired
Gapping being 10-12 across the bag

Next update I will dive deeper into peak height and descent angle and why the package as a whole is working so well for me.

View attachment 8982689

View attachment 8982690
These numbers are with your shafts, Recoil 95 Protos, which are a low/mid launch shaft according to UST website. I wonder if playing stock/factory shaft offerings what the height/ launch angle.would be? To high? To high of launch angle? Ballooning?:confused2:

Back