Who is your nemesis?

Mmaynard11

Grandaddy Captain Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have one on the golf course? Who from your playing partners can for some reason you not beat? Is it a THPer?

I have met the enemy and he is me!

There is one guy who has a comparable handicap to me, but for some reason he will pull out the hero shot or a drain a long putt during the round to win by a shot or two. Every round is not a competition, but deep inside I know the both of us are trying to beat the other.

I have met the enemy and he is me!
Now that you mention it that makes logical sense & I have the feeling many might have the same feeling and nemesis.

Now that you mention it that makes logical sense & I have the feeling many might have the same feeling and nemesis.

For me that has something to do with the playing partner or the guy I can’t beat. It’s because I tend to put too much pressure on myself to beat that guy.

Not sure I really have a golf nemesis as a person... my group is pretty casual and we all have good/bad days. If anything, I’d say consistency is mine!

For me that has something to do with the playing partner or the guy I can’t beat. It’s because I tend to put too much pressure on myself to beat that guy.
This is me in a nut shell. I am my own nemesis.

The group in front of me. They are always playing way too slow.

The entire AZTHP group. I can't lick a single one of them. :(

I have a buddy I play with who is a similar skill level to me and we just never play well together. One of us always has a terrible round. It’s the strangest thing. We always have fun, but we need to correct the trend!

My nemesis is my tee game. Has my number always but this year that all changes

Pretty much most of my buddies I play with. Never seem to play well with them. Always play well with random people.

I suppose my cousin is my nemesis. He's 3 years older than I am, and 99% of the time he plays better than I do in our matches.

We have competed in a lot of different sports since we were kids growing up together. I was better at some, he at others. Golf is the last sport on our list.

He's a very accomplished golfer who carries a legit single digit handicap. He's even successfully taught others how to play a decent round of of golf in short periods of time.

I do play my best golf when playing against him. I know on the first tee I will need to break 80 that day to have any kind of chance against him. He knows it too.

I get lucky once in a while, when I play extremely well, and he has an off day. He's just an all around better golfer than I am.......by about 4-5 strokes a round.

This guy...
89917530-B3D3-4180-BE70-874BBC2193EB.jpeg

I have a buddy who I've been friends with for 28 years and he maybe plays once a month at most. He is at least 10 handicap points worse now. However everytime we play it is even on gross because I'm trying to show him how good I am now.

I have one friend that I will play in a regular foresome and I will typically better him by a few shots but when I play match play against him, he will make the most ridiculous shots, lucky breaks, lonnnnnng putts, chip ins that I can’t overcome. Last time we played he literally chipped in from off the green 3 times in 18 holes, all for birdie. Drives me nuts!

We don't really compete, but I do look at the other guys' scores just because I'm competitive within myself like that. Sometimes I beat them, sometimes they beat me. Probably my biggest scare right now is one friend who just took the game up a couple years ago and is progressing very rapidly, I don't like the idea of him beating me eventually! :D

Back