Do you tee it up?

Tee on a Par 3?

• Give me the wooden peg

Votes: 105 87.5%
  • Nope just a blade of grass

Votes: 15 12.5%

• Total voters
The rules let you give yourself a perfect lie when you start the hole. Why not do it?

Now having established the overwhelming vote in favor of teeing up the ball when hitting an iron or wedge on a par 3, we should add that not all of you are doing it right.
View attachment 8988656;)

when i use the tee on the par 3's, it's normally pushed almost all the way down but when i had my lesson the other day, the instructor had it tee'd up about an inch...that was awkward to me...

I always tee it up on par 3’s with a short broken tee. I only tee it up maybe a 1/4 inch or so. I always keep a few broken tees in my pocket or bag. I can’t stand using a full length tee pushed deep into the ground.

100% of the time. It's an advantage, might as well use it.

I am always a tee it up player. If I am allowed to tee I will. I am more of a picker when hitting the ball off the fairway, so if I can get a better spin by teeing I will certainly do that.

When i first started playing golf I found myself mimicking my buddies, I since realize some of these habits did nothing to improve my game. One of the habitats was searching for a used tee on par threes. When I should have been focusing on the shot and my target I was kicking around broken tees looking for a useable one.
Golf is hard enough, tees are cheap, I don’t need any distractions.

when i use the tee on the par 3's, it's normally pushed almost all the way down but when i had my lesson the other day, the instructor had it tee'd up about an inch...that was awkward to me...
Get a new instructor.

Always use a tee.

Not only do I use a tee but I and everyone at your club would like you to use one as well.

Yes, you still take a divot but nothing like the ones that get carved out of the tee from placing the ball on the ground.

Played with some jackass years ago who never used a tee. He took a deep swipe out of each of the par threes that day. If everyone did that the ground would be ruined in a week's time.

Tee it up...please....yes, I know, you don't take a deep divot. Please tee it up anyway, thanks~

Yes. I carry two different tees; long for driver, and short for irons. If there's a decent one in the broken tee caddie, I'll use it instead.

I tee up everything on the tee box, yep, even wedges. Even if it's just a little bit I can guarantee a a little higher strike, especially on irons. I really like this for wedge shots into short par 3s where it's 135-140 to the pin and it will stop dead on moderate to soft greens with my 50*.

I also tee up my driver 3.25" on course and if I'm feeling frisky...4".

give me the crisp lie to give me the best shot of hitting a good shot.

I have not used a tee 4 times in the last 2 rounds and have 3 birdies and a par on those holes. I definitely haven't birdied 75% of all other holes during those rounds, and the use of tees is obviously to blame.

#DriverOfftheDeckFromNowOn

Generally I'm searching for a broken tee. A few months ago I read an article that basically stated "why wouldn't you?" It puts the ball as a perfect lie. So I have started to put extra effort in my search on the teebox for a broken tee. If I can't find one I'll tee it up with just a normal tee. Though nothing looks as cool as tossing the ball down and hitting it.

Yes. I carry two different tees; long for driver, and short for irons. If there's a decent one in the broken tee caddie, I'll use it instead.

you mean the tee box? :ROFLMAO:....i'm always throwing broken, forgotten tees off the box...into the trash if there is one, or put in a pile by the hole sign/marker

If I hear Perfect Lie one more time I might lose it. The number of people who said they learned a lot from a somewhat recent video on proper tee height, shows that most people don't actually know what a perfect lie is for them on any given tee box.

'Perfect' should be replaced with 'elevated' or 'obstacle free'.

If I hear Perfect Lie one more time I might lose it. The number of people who said they learned a lot from a somewhat recent video on proper tee height, shows that most people don't actually know what a perfect lie is for them on any given tee box.

'Perfect' should be replaced with 'elevated' or 'obstacle free'.

Perfect....Lie.

I usually will find a broken tee to use to tee it up on par 3's. If I can't find one, I reach in my pocket and pull out a full tee to use. I tee it up 100% of the time on par 3's.

I almost never tee up on a par three. With clubs less than 3 wood, the tee messes with my mind and makes me try to swing the club differently...even if teed up really low. Only on a really bad tee box where I couldn’t find any sort of lie would a tee come out for me.

May be something I revisit this season, but that is where I am for now.

Even if I tee it low, I still tee it up. I forget the pro who said this, but the gist was that you should eliminate as many variables as you can and a tee removes a lot of variables at the ground level.

Almost 100% of the time I use a tee, there have been a fee time on a par 3 I have not put a tee down but that is due to pure laziness and doesn't happen very often.

you mean the tee box? :ROFLMAO:....i'm always throwing broken, forgotten tees off the box...into the trash if there is one, or put in a pile by the hole sign/marker
Our home course has those little cone-shaped containers stuck in the ground at each tee box for disposal of broken tees.

Back