2021 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

they did mention that the biggest difference they felt would be noticed is from irons and wedges. The woods (Driver and fairway) were virtually identical and hard to tell apart.

I think dry ball data is tough, but outdoors will tell the better picture.
Yeah, I don't put too much faith in indoor ball testing, and they helped prove that for me last year. And there were minor differences in the data. The way they phrased it and characterized some of it though really gave me pause, and I'm surprised they aren't being more aware of that stuff, especially with their recent quotes being plastered all over Mizuno's website and stuff. Just seemed like some really poorly chosen words in that moment.

Yeah, I don't put too much faith in indoor ball testing, and they helped prove that for me last year. And there were minor differences in the data. The way they phrased it and characterized some of it though really gave me pause, and I'm surprised they aren't being more aware of that stuff, especially with their recent quotes being plastered all over Mizuno's website and stuff. Just seemed like some really poorly chosen words in that moment.

Ball testing of Mats is really pointless. Other than driver. That you can get a bit of decent data.

i need to go back and watch it again. I’m not recalling anything that stood out as poorly chosen or coming across confusing.

i need to go back and watch it again. I’m not recalling anything that stood out as poorly chosen or coming across confusing.
If you read through their video comments there are a bunch asking what the point of having two balls that basically perform the same, just feel different, or similar comments about that, because they basically said that at one point. That's all. They can say whatever they want, I just wouldn't have loved that particular exchange from someone(s) with that much influence if I worked at Titleist. Lol

I received my dozen prov1. I really like the feel off my Triple Track putter, but the enhanced alignment is not as good for me as triple track. That said, I do have a Triple Track stencil that I have used for some of my Bridgestone that I put on one Prov1. It looks almost the same, but wears off much quicker than the real deal on my CSXTT. I think I will try putting Sunday nine holes without the stencil and nine holes with.
image.jpg

On topic, the V1x really does sound and feel different to me. I don't know if I like it or dislike it, because it still just seems.. odd. Good greenside spin as you'd expect today. Definitely seems a little higher flying in the mid irons for me than its predecessor. The V1 seems a little less different overall so far to me. Off putter out in the real world I feel like I have almost no bearing. I'm not using my regular putter right now. Totally different style and insert so everything sounds and feels weird to me already. By the time I rolled a bunch with the blind testing balls after the round, my sound and feel brain was spun.

I have noticed that the 2021 new balls are looking more at dimple design and trying to maximize aerodynamics even more.

On topic, the V1x really does sound and feel different to me. I don't know if I like it or dislike it, because it still just seems.. odd. Good greenside spin as you'd expect today. Definitely seems a little higher flying in the mid irons for me than its predecessor. The V1 seems a little less different overall so far to me. Off putter out in the real world I feel like I have almost no bearing. I'm not using my regular putter right now. Totally different style and insert so everything sounds and feels weird to me already. By the time I rolled a bunch with the blind testing balls after the round, my sound and feel brain was spun.

I think there is a difference. The core being softer I think. You can feel the firmness and then it compresses. Where as the previous version was former. Not a rock but firm all the way through.

I am curious about how the srixon balls will change. Release is Monday so I guess we will find out. I am curious if this trend towards softness will continue with them.

curious, what is everyone seeing price wise on the new prov1?

I think there is a difference. The core being softer I think. You can feel the firmness and then it compresses. Where as the previous version was former. Not a rock but firm all the way through.

I am curious about how the srixon balls will change. Release is Monday so I guess we will find out. I am curious if this trend towards softness will continue with them.

That seems to be the trend.

49.99 here so far. I was at a store today that sells their balls for less than most usually, and they mentioned they had them, but I didn't check the price.

That seems to be the trend.

49.99 here so far. I was at a store today that sells their balls for less than most usually, and they mentioned they had them, but I didn't check the price.
50 a dozen is just crazy.. the shop here sells the for $42..

This is fairly job dropping info. It’s not often that simply a change in ball would result in that much change in distance with a player of your caliber. It’s got my wheels in my brain churning.
I agree. I was not expecting this. Wish I had access to a premium launch monitor where I could take swings with both balls and see exactly what is happening. Again, based on ball flight it appears it's mostly a higher ball flight that is getting me farther. But I'd love to compare to see if there is a difference in ball speed, spin rate, dynamic launch angle and so on. I'm sure I'll get the opportunity at some point this year. Unfortunately, where I live we're still pretty locked down for COVID.

Last edited:
50 a dozen is just crazy.. the shop here sells the for $42..

$42 sure beats $50. Our one local golf retailer (smaller than the big chains) put his out at $44.99 this week. $45 is still crazy but I was intrigued enough buy a dozen.:beat-up:

$44.99 at the good price place here. Just asked them. So everywhere else will be right at $50, like I've seen so far.

Played the ProV1X 2021 version today. It was excellent into the wind. I can’t say I noticed a huge difference between the 2019 and 2021 version besides the penetrating ball flight into the wind. I like this ball a lot. It seemed similar to me to the 2020 chrome soft x.

Hi all,

I want to affirm what the other poster said about increased distance off the tee.......this ball (prov1x 2021) is around 10-13 yards longer than anything else on the market (for me), which puts it right in line with the left dash, which i love from the tee.

The whole incredible benefit vs left dash is the amazing short game performance. In summary, the left dash is dead now that we have prov1x 2021, you guys will see what i mean..... there is no point in left dash anymore and i say that as a mega Left dash lover.

I think somehow they got to reduce the driver spin, while keeping the short game performance. I drove a short par 4 today (334 yards) and killed my gambling partners today, partly thanks to this new ball. Now i want to sell all my 12 dozen premium balls and just play these. Is that good.

Hi all,

I want to affirm what the other poster said about increased distance off the tee.......this ball (prov1x 2021) is around 10-13 yards longer than anything else on the market (for me), which puts it right in line with the left dash, which i love from the tee.

The whole incredible benefit vs left dash is the amazing short game performance. In summary, the left dash is dead now that we have prov1x 2021, you guys will see what i mean..... there is no point in left dash anymore and i say that as a mega Left dash lover.

I think somehow they got to reduce the driver spin, while keeping the short game performance. I drove a short par 4 today (334 yards) and killed my gambling partners today, partly thanks to this new ball. Now i want to sell all my 12 dozen premium balls and just play these. Is that good.
I'm with you on that last part too. I bought a couple dozen 2019 Titleist Pro V1x and now all I want to play is the 2021 model.

I've tried to post a message like 4 times in response to this that's not working, so yes, please take them.
My local Dick's has the buttons on ProV's as well. They're not on any other balls there either. Too many five fingered discounts being taken I guess.

Really excited to get some new Pro V1's in play. I have a couple dozen 2019 versions to churn through first though. Thanks for the reviews here folks.

Played the V1x in yellow today. Even with the dormant zoysia fairways the yellow stood out well and had no issues seeing the ball. Around the green in the deeper fescue it was easy to spot also.
I'm going to work backwards on this review,
on the green it seemed to have a bit louder click than the Chrome Soft I normally play. Nothing that would keep me from playing it though. It gets rolling quick and smoothly.

Chipping it has plenty of spin and was stopping quickly on winter greens that are a bit shaggy. I could get it to roll out a bit more it needed or send one in low and spinny and it would check up quick.

On approach shots with the irons it had a nice high ball flight but I never saw it balloon into the wind. Even down wind I was getting the ball to stop.

Off the tee it does seem to have a higher ball flight but again no ballooning in the wind. I was hitting a 9° SZ driver.
I never cart pathed the ball today and only caught one tree but didn't notice any scuffs on the ball. So durability seems okay for the first time out

I liked the ProV1 this past weekend. I drew my own blue and red lines to simulate Triple Track; I am not sure that I liked them enough to keep playing them over the ERC or Chrome Soft X with TT if I have to keep drawing lines. TT is the main reason I keep moving from the Bridgestone that I like.

I liked the putting feel quite a bit. The irons felt great and I had plenty of spin/stopping, but honestly the irons stopping have never been a problem for me when I use the ERC/e12. The driver went very straight and I liked the ball flight but I am not sure if the distance was as good as the CSXTT for me but I think they were every bit as long as the RX/ERC if not longer. I have lots of testing to do with the rest of the dozen and will re-evaluate. At some point, I need to grab some more CSXTT to compare to these. I don’t have access to a launch monitor to compare and am just going off my Arccos and gut feeling.

Hi all,

That is some high praise.

will be trying out the ProV1X tomorrow...

Played the PV1X today... Didn't knock my socks off but it's definitely a great ball. Great feel off the driver, irons and Putter...i get better checks on the greens with the AVX with my 7i...8i-PW are what I would expect from a ball like this but idk that this ball fits my financially conservative nature :ROFLMAO:... i didn't lose it so it must want me to keep playing it.

Played the PV1X today... Didn't knock my socks off but it's definitely a great ball. Great feel off the driver, irons and Putter...i get better checks on the greens with the AVX with my 7i...8i-PW are what I would expect from a ball like this but idk that this ball fits my financially conservative nature :ROFLMAO:... i didn't lose it so it must want me to keep playing it.
You get better spin around the greens with the AVX than the new PRO V1X?

You get better spin around the greens with the AVX than the new PRO V1X?

I kinda misspoke there but I feel like I stop a 7i shot on the green better with the AVX... Had a few shots with a 7i that didn't stop like I thought they would (then again, these greens are firm and fast at this course)... Wedges were great but I expected that...the guys I played with did make note of some nice checked shots...

Back