Do you have a putter rotation during the season?

MarMill

Be Positive!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 8.10
How often do you change putters during the golf season? Last year I played with one putter the whole time, but this year I am thinking about going back to my blade putter.

Yep I have about 8 right now, rotate through about 3 at the moment

Yep I have about 8 right now, rotate through about 3 at the moment

Interested to know how and when you pick a particular putter. Is it just course dependent or do you just like to switch?

I currently have three putters. A Frontline Elevado is my gamer and was in my bag lasy season. I practice with all three, but, for now, the Elevado will remain in the bag.

Doesn’t switching putters mess up your feel for distance?

I have 4 or 5 that I rotate though. No rhyme or reason as to when or why I switch. Just whatever feels good.

never before, but i'm about to.

Interested to know how and when you pick a particular putter. Is it just course dependent or do you just like to switch?
Usually performance dependent. I have noticed for whatever reason one particular putter works really well on one course I play frequently and horribly everywhere else haha

I'll play one until I feel like I've lost confidence, then switch to another. Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery to get back on track.

I have my gamer (Toulon Memphis) that I will roll until the wheels fall off. Then I'll switch it up for a couple rounds but always seem to end up with the Memphis back in the bag.

I have a wall of about 30 different putters ... blades, mallets .... you name it, I've tried it. But I always go back to trusty 'ol Scotty Newport 2 (y)

Only one putter for me. Gosh I never realized how boring that sounds!

I will usually rotate a few, but always end up back with old trusty after a few rounds, when I realize the problem is not the putter it is the quality of my reads.

I have two in rotation. All the specs are the same except one face is slightly hotter than the other. If it’s a very wet or very dry day, that might dictate which putter I use but I pretty much alternate between the two evenly.

No rotation. I believe it affects my consistency and ability to lag putts in tight. I’ve gamed the same SeeMore for 3-4 years now!

I have 2 putters. I roll with one for as long as I can, but if it goes cold for a few rounds, I will swap it out for the other and ride that one and repeat.

No sticking with my old series 62 Cameron till proved off course something better.

I have over 35 putters but most seasons I will play 90% of my rounds with just two or three different ones. I enjoy collecting them and almost never sell one so some of my putters go back to the early 1980's.

There will be more than the usual experimentation this season I'm going to give the long putter a go for at least 6 weeks after having last played one for about 5 years back in the early 2000's. I make more putts under 12 feet with a long putter and make almost everyting inside of 5 feet with it. I'd guess I go from about 45% from 5 feet to about 70-75%(PGA Tour average is 81% from 5 feet) which is the big reason for the switch. The downside is my speed control on lag putts from over 25 feet is worse with the long putter so I'll have to track it to see if the long putter is a net benefit.

I just started experimenting a couple of days ago with a long putter that is more belly putter length(41" vs the 47" putter I used to play). I'm hoping I can get the increased make percentage on the 4-12 footers while still maintaining my 3 putt avoidance percentage. Hope springs eternal every golf season, lol.

I primarily play with one during a season, unless it becomes possessed. Then I switch it out. Sometimes though it depends on the course I'm playing. If I know I'm playing fast greens then I use my Evnroll ER2 (a wide blade). Slow greens, I switch to my ER5 (a mallet).

Cant wait to rotate putters! went from 1 at beginning to 4 end of 2020. I have a sneaky suspicion one will be above the rest.

Nope... 1 putter since 2011 and still going strong.

I carry a separate bag for my putters.:LOL:

When I am putting well I don't change putters. Unfortunately last year I used 3 or 4 different putters. I have a putter fitting this week and hopefully can settle on one for the upcoming season.

So last season it wasn’t so much a rotation as it was a revolving door. I kept trying them and if they didn’t work, I got rid of it and moved on until I found my gamer.

This year I actually have three that I love(at least on my putting mat) and will actually be using in a rotation on the course to determine the best fit! Pretty excited about it to be honest!

Back